Mens Health Survival of the fittest -Nottingham

hey guys I just wondered if anybody else was as stupid as I was and has been roped into doing the survival of the fittest in Nottingham . I scared myself by watching the video of the course again the other day and am now starting to think I may have bitten off more than I can chew . What training has anybody done , anyone done it before ??

image Rachxxx

Comments

• Hi Rachel

I did this event last year - it was great - really enjoyable.

It's hard going but felt like being a big kid again playing on a 10km adventure playground.

I may do it again this year and include a lot more upper body training for some of the obstacles - currently I don't do any weights as I'm training for a marathon.

Good luck

• I'm doing it for the first time this year.

I went to the Survival Sunday training last weekend. I definitely need to do some upper body work, my shoulders are still aching now!

• Hey I too am doing it this year for the 1st time..........It is also my 1st 10k run! I have done alot of upper body training over the last few years anyway so ive been really focused on the running and can now manage 15k comfortably.

Best thing i could say is a park with a climbing frame. Run 2k then do some climbing frame work then another 2k then more climbing frame work. It really works you hard!

CANNOT WAIT!
  • Hi guys - I'm doing the Nottingham run on Saturday - and getting the most nervous I ever haev been for a 10K. It's the wall that's so daunting - any tips for how to do it?