Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• I have found summat I cannot say .. a rarity for me image
  • Lol GFB!!! I was thinking the same thing... sorry mate!
  • Not being elitist that is for elite athletes but "running" a marathon isnt about just covering the distance- thats a sponsored walk. Pisses me off that some runners cant get into marathons because of the "Jade Goodies(RIP)" out there. Not about talent it's commitment to the task!! Of course as the thread suggests I would never say this to anyoneimage

• I'd rather be at home stuffing my face with pies and ale than flying half way across the world into a badly-managed, shitstorm, hospital pass of a project. Working 12 days solid then getting a further weekend killed by jetlag pisses me off!

F*ck off, just f*ck off you f*cking f*ckers!

• You have put a very positive spin on all your repeated shite choices in men, Ulrika, but y'know, at the end of the day I feel compelled to put the case for the prosecution, which can be summarised in 3 words...

SVEN

GORAN

ERIKSSON.
  • North London Runner I trained my arse off for the FLM in 2007 and it took me 6.02 to finish.

I may be a slow runner - it does not mean I am not a runner. Oh and blisters (the first and only time I've ever had them), heat and lack of water didn't help.

Kind regards. image

Screamy.

• As Jim Royle would say "trained your arse off my arse"image Blisters are avoidable. You only get out what you put in. The marathon is supposed to be a tough test and is supposed to be run. You know? Like in Greek history? Philipides didnt walk and stop for pies on the way.

Of course I would never say this to anyone-see the thread titleimage

• North London Runner wrote (see)

or 4 and a half hours to run a marathon? Did you do ANY training!!!

first time to feel the need to rant on this forum.........what time did you do a marathon in........If its not sub 2:30 then shut the fuck up and go and do some serious training you lazy sod...........anyone who isn't elite is just doing their best with what they have and with whatever time they have...........a lot of people haven't got the time to put in more than 50 miles a week training..........some have alife.go and get one
  • good morning all

How are you today north london runner..................not out trainingimage

• No Mr Taxman

Your the wanker that made the mistake so you can't have your Fuc**ng money back

• Assumptions! Assumptions! Where do i start

Training is putting in the time to able your body to complete the task. You can run  quick marathon on 3 sessions a week and 30 miles.

Not talking about sub 2.30 talking about running a marathon-you know RUNNING!

This thread is called what you would like to say but don't-so stop being a wuss!

Very few people do their best with what time they have-those that do ARE the Elite(not me)

Your language is very offensive and someone should take you outside and run your legs in the nettles-foul mouthed yob!

17,586 posts??? who are you telling to go get a life??? Spend some of "the time you have " running for a change

Next...............

• Dear wardrobe

Where is my brown skirt? You remember it, it's the one that is the same as the plum skirt which is hanging on your handle.  Have you eaten it because that appears to be the only answer at this moment.  At 7am when I'm desperate to wear something that fits and is suitable for work I cannot be faffed to search all the way through you when I know where it should be hanging.

Don't make me climb in there and empty you.  image

• http://bios.weddingbee.com/pics/41540/dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

Not to KatieJane but N L Runner ... but you knew that anyway!

• Ah the old running debate.  Some people are faster than others no matter how much training they put in.  End of really.... image 
  • Do you have a degree in staing the Obvious?

• Yes.  In fact, I have two degrees.  The other one is in spelling and punctuation, so I'm marking you down for missing out a 't' and for unnecessary capitalisation  image 
  • LTP - ain't that the truth!  I've been training like a mad thing for the GNR, coming back from injury and battling asthma.  Over the last couple of weeks, I've been going much faster than previously, problem is I can only sustain the speed for a minute - 90 seconds before I notice I'm not actually getting anywhere near enough oxygen (the black spots and dizzy spells give it away). My GP is doing all she can at the moment to keep my asthma properly managed and I just have to accept, in my current health, a better pace is not do-able.

And the next person who sneers "Paula Radcliffe does it" will reduce me to tears.

• Blisters and beer wrote (see)
    ShOw OfF!

Hehehehe.

p.s. I know the above doesn't consititute a real word, but then again, I didn't get first class honours, so I'm allowed to make mistakes image

• AllNewTB wrote (see)

LTP - ain't that the truth!  I've been training like a mad thing for the GNR, coming back from injury and battling asthma.  Over the last couple of weeks, I've been going much faster than previously, problem is I can only sustain the speed for a minute - 90 seconds before I notice I'm not actually getting anywhere near enough oxygen (the black spots and dizzy spells give it away). My GP is doing all she can at the moment to keep my asthma properly managed and I just have to accept, in my current health, a better pace is not do-able.

And the next person who sneers "Paula Radcliffe does it" will reduce me to tears.

Ah Paula Schmaula.  I bet you don't have to stop to take a dump then end up crying at the side of the road though?  You win image
  • Didn't get first class honours, Lee?? You obviously weren't putting the effort in image

(BTW, neither did I!)

• You're on form this morning Pea! image
  • My God how dull is she when shes not on form!
  • Prime Minister questions is on..............

If Lea the Pea degree(s) were gained by a combination of effort and ability then why doesn't that apply to other endeavours such as running.

Order!!!

• Top ranting Seren - well said!

NLR -  yeah, I did all that shit to avoid blisters, surgical spirit, shoe a half size bigger, double layer socks, silicone toe caps and vaseline. I still got  them.

Not only can people like you not appreciate other people's achievements, the sad thing is,  you never enjoy your own either do you, because you're never allowed to say "actually at this time and this place that was good enough" ?

I know it's a "man" thing. It's still pathetic.

• hello my darling husband, do you like my new top and necklace? I bought them this morning because the clothes I came to work in looked like they belonged to someone else, someone who had slept in them for three nights straight.
  • image Just a thought but if you do train your arse off and training is all that's needed to do a quick time in a marafun. Why are you complaining? Surely you must be quick enough to make the guaranteed entry time for London marathon, which out worrying about people who are slower but still want to test themselves? If not please sit in the corner and play with crayons, your embarrassing yourself.image
  • No wonder you got blisters with all that onimage

Double layer socks-waste of money

Surgical spirit-myth

vaseline-ok

silicone toe caps-what?

try removing hard skin and keeping you feet soft-simple!

My point is that blisters are not a medal to hang round your neck-brag about not getting them

I'm guessing you may not thank me for my adviceimage

• So many things I'm just not allowed to say "out there" in the real world....  "Life is good" is probably the big one.

• Hey, leave NLR alone, this was supposed to be thread for saying the unacceptable