Things you want to say but can't

Comments

• Good point cake and yes I do get a guaranteed place for London but lots of people don't. Giving my thoughts here in the spirit of the thread title. Many people I run with agree with this view but of course we only encourage the slower runners although it really is lack of training rather than ability that usually leads to a sub 4 and a half hour marathon.

I think Alex Vera prooved this point very well. No wonder he got a lot of grief from people on the Forums. Poor Alex

• Well said Frog- I could kiss you. People are so pecious on here - but we all knew that didnt we?

• which is why I answered with a rant mike frog and then answered politelyimage

But I still think that the elite runners can understand why someone might run a marathon an hour or so slower then them because of various limitations...........why can't some slower runners eg 3:00 hrs understand that other have limitations that restrict them to 4 hours and 5 hours and at these times people are running for the full distance and have trained for years........not walking at all.......

It must be down to their character or lack of understanding.........

and the sun is out today now so no more ranting...............peace in my house so I'm off for a bath............( cause I have been out training)image

• what does "pecious" mean? image
  • I run 5k in 40 minutes, and don't walk once!  Scaling that up that'd be well over 5 hours for a marathon.  I just run very, very slowly image
  • Dear Lady I share an office with, 37.5 hours a week...

You drive me up the wall when you eat, slurping your cuppa soup and eating ryvita with your mouth open.  Also, you whistle through your nose on inhaling/exhaling...  It really annoys me ..

Also...

Dear Manager,

You probably aren't aware, but the rest of your team are fully aware that you come in at 9.30am and leave at 4pm, you don't pull your weight or do your core hours.  You seem to use any excuse under the sun to 'work from home' ... Furthermore, I am getting increasingly intolerant of you barking orders at me, not fully explaining yourself thus resulting in me completing said tasks only to be told its wrong.

You'll be sorry when I hand my notice in... 

Kind Regards, L

• Trained for years eh? what does that mean I wonder? Its just that in Brighton we have a marathon and a fun carnival at Pride. Maybe the marafunners can bugger off there. But seriously of course anyone can run however they like........just letting you know the mutterings from the runners in front. Of course we dont say it. image Out loud

• North London Runner wrote (see)

My point is that blisters are not a medal to hang round your neck-brag about not getting them

I wasn't proud of them and didn't want not to be able to walk for two days. I wanted a better time and a comfortable race.

I never got them on any of my previous long runs despite wearing exactly the same thing on my feet - if you can explain that,  then please do. It would be much more helpful than your sarcasm.

• Funny that even in a forum about unacceptable comments some comments are unacceptable-now thats pecious image
  • JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Do you mean precious NLR.

I agree with your point re this was the whole point of this thread......"Things you want to say but can't"

NLR Is entitled to his opinion, we may not agree and think he is a elistist bum-head who doesn't appreciate the time and effort a huge amount of runners put into training for a marathon and yet don't run at Olympic levels - but it is his opinion non-the-less image It would be a very very boring world if we were all the same.

• Ok scream-next time you have a bath use a rasp to remove the hard skin and then after put on some nice foot cream. Soft skin = no blisters. Hard skin = bad. Surgical spirit is for shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted. Wear the right size shoes. Shoes too big can cause excessive movement. Seamless socks better than double layered ones. They just make my feet feel really hot. Hope that helps
  • Slugsta wrote (see)

Didn't get first class honours, Lee?? You obviously weren't putting the effort in image

(BTW, neither did I!)

Afraid not; I spent too much time in the pub for that.  Mind you, my pal that came to the pub with me got a first, so I probably can't blame the alcohol image

North London Runner wrote (see)
    My God how dull is she when shes not on form!

Ooooh! *raises handbag under chin*  Get you!  I'm indeed very, very, very dull; well spotted.

Oh and my name is LEE not LEA.  I thank you image

• JWrun wrote (see)

Do you mean precious NLR.

I agree with your point re this was the whole point of this thread......"Things you want to say but can't"

NLR Is entitled to his opinion, we may not agree and think he is a elistist bum-head who doesn't appreciate the time and effort a huge amount of runners put into training for a marathon and yet don't run at Olympic levels - but it is his opinion non-the-less image It would be a very very boring world if we were all the same.

I concur, especially if everyone was as dull as i am! image  This is indeed the forum for unacceptable comments, so keep them coming.  It is amusing me greatly today image
  • North London Runner wrote (see)

Prime Minister questions is on..............

If Lea the Pea degree(s) were gained by a combination of effort and ability then why doesn't that apply to other endeavours such as running.

Order!!!

I can say that my slow marathon time was due to not enough training (which resulted in injury when trying to make up for lost time, etc etc).  Ability?  Well, i'll soon see when I do the right amount of training.  Not sure how fast i'll get, but I think going from a steady 11 min/mi pace to 7 min/mi pace is not likely, but who knows.  If I don't speed up that much, i'll not be overly bothered.  I enjoy training, that's the main thing image
  • You are saying the right things Lee and amusing me too. My comment "how dull is she" was in the character Stamford fron sex in the city. Or is the other bitchier one?. The second pecious was meant the first not. My grammar is good but sometimes my typing not so
  • BB ✭✭✭

To anyone who thinks it is cool to chomp on chewing gum with your mouth open making disgusting noises I can hear over the music on my ipod - fecking stop it, I do not want the hear that when I am on the train or anywhere else.

And another thing,stop fecking spitting it out everywere, it costs a fortune to clear it up and we don't want to step in it or get it on our clothes when you have stuck it under the bliddy seatimage

Ah that's betterimage

In fact anyone who drops litter - PICK IT UP YOU LAZY BASTARDS!!!

No really I am feeng better nowimage

• JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

Dear colleague, you are 31 years of age would you STOP speaking in that hideous baby voice? You only put it on when you want something (usually food) and it is intensely annoying, instead of trying to be cute all the time why don't you learn to do your job properly then people might not bitch about you so much.

Your mood swings are also INSANE and you are possibly the most unprofessional person I have ever met.

I THANK YOU

• Try the following to your boss:

"I'm a bit bored. I think I'll go home now"

PS - B, You CAN tell people to pick up litter. Remember, you'll be able to run fastee than them.

• Gosh - some of these have made me laugh.  To North London Runner I thought you were a pompous git for saying "lack of training rather than ability usually leads to a sub 4 and a half hour marathon". Lots of runners done don't start running until later in life, I was 46 and my first marathon took 4.59 at the age of 52.  But after only a few minutes thinking about it I think you could be right and I could push myself a bit harder.  My husband thinks I should. I would love to do around 4.50 this Sunday at Nottingham but should really push myself in training to get nearer 4.30 next time.  Next time I run I will have a picture of this pompous north london runner in my head looking down at me!

• Thanks NLR -  didn't explain why I had no problems before or since but it was useful image

Dear tourists in St James's Park,

Please stop feeding the pigeons. Please stop chasing the pigeons. Pigeons are not a rare and beautiful species,  they are crap-happy vermin, and, unless you live at one of the poles you probably have them somewhere in your own country. Go and feed them there.

• Ditto seagull feeders in Margate!

Love the term "elitist bum-head" image

• Beverley T - Hi. Isn't not starting running til late in life not lack of training?. Good first effort though and I'm sure you will be sub 4.30 next time. I run with lots of ladies who run sub 3.45 in their 50's. In my opinion the longer the distance the more effort counts rather than ability. The marathon is the race where you can beat the person who outruns you at every other distance. There have been some very interesting stories in RW recently about sedentry people who came to running late in life and have done amazing things.
  • back to the thread;

To charity muggers- I'm sorry I don't even stop for the pretty ones.......

To big issue sellers- sorry but I'm not going to fund your lifestyle choice.......

and if it was worth reading i might buy it...........

• Err what now NLR - being homeless is a lifestyle choice? Yeah, sure it is. i've worked with homeless people and not one of them decided one day to give up their job / home / family to sleep rough and lose their dignity. 

I know this is the thread where you can say what you like, and you've let us know how amazingly ignorant someone can be, well done, good effort.  

• in relation to one of todays runners world articles...... i'd love five minutes with jessica ennis image. nuff said.
  • JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

ANTB - Don't feed the troll!! I tell you what though he/she is good at it and this is the perfect thread for it, surpised we've not had more comments like that on here!

• PodroPodro ✭✭✭

Dear FatWoman with your FatKids

May I remind you that it is illegal to park with all four wheels of your oversized FatMobile on the pavement. I realise that having to waddle more than 5 yards to the door of the cream cake shop is far too taxing and the double yellow lines mean that you can't park on the road. However, the pavement is now completely blocked and everyone else now has to step out into the traffic to get past.

• ...feed me instead ANTB, i'm hungry and still have the commute home to get through

*stomach rumbles loudly*

I could murder a sausage right now (sarnie that is image) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm all ranted out image  Oh no wait, i've just thought of something...

Dear Government,

why oh why oh why do we have to pay extortionate amounts of money for the Pope to pay a visit????  Do slightly guff roads really need to be tarmac'd for him to drive over?  I don't think he'll be that bothered.  Should his followers be asked to pay money to hear him give mass?  NO!!! What a con.  I thought religion was supposed to be free?  I'm sure Gandhi wouldn't have charged.  If he can't come and do a mass for free, then he can bugger off (though i'm not Catholic, so i'm not fussed anyway).

Yours rather Insincerely

Pea-ster

p.s. I do not expect to be struck down by lighting for slagging off the Pope, but then again, who knows... *puts on rubber soled boots just in case...* 

• Lee the Pea wrote (see)

why oh why oh why do we have to pay extortionate amounts of money for the Pope to pay a visit????  Do slightly guff roads really need to be tarmac'd for him to drive over? 

I live near the stretch of road in Edinburgh that was specially resurfaced for his visit and it's hilarious - they've literally done less than 100m, outside the house he's visiting, and there are still huge potholes in the roads at either end. So unless the Popemobile is going to hover up the road (which, frankly, I would pay to see), it''s not going to help much!
  • Trouble is if you make being homeless comfortable enough people will decide to do it as a lifestyle choice. Do people force drugs on these people? And the people who get paid to work with them will of course want to keep the gravy train rolling. In years to come i will be prooved right just like i have said about the charity fat cats who have used runners for years to fund their salaries. Wait for Dispatches to out them or believe me now folks- of course you wont!!