Crane Sports Heart Rate Monitor (Aldi)

Just wondering if anyone bought one this last week from Aldi.

I've got it all set up, but unless I'm doing something drastically wrong, can't get it to display the heart rate whilst I run (even over an 8 mile run).

I know you can press on the front and hold and it will display, but when I'm running I don't want to be constantly fiddling with it.

I've followed all the instructions and don't know if I've done something wrong or if it just doesn't display during training.

Can anyone put me out of my misery?!

Tried ringing the helpline, the guy was worse than useless and I could hold for 27 minutes for Technical - I think not!!!

Cheers!

B
Tagged:

Comments

• I was under the impression that the heart rate only operated when you pressed the two buttons on the face. There is no remote sensor, so you need to make contact with something in order for it to measure heart rate.
  • I agree with Helenliz I thought it was strapless i.e. you had to touch the front to get a HR reading. If you want a constant reading whilst training you are going to need a HRM that works with a strap.
  • Thanks for the replies!

Will be taking it back to Aldi at the weekend then and going back to borrowing hubbies Polar one (with the strap) :0(
  •   I bought one of these, set it all up.  I have used it twice and seemed ok but its started acting up, losing all my input settings,even the time.  It has happened twice now and i suspect maybe its the battery,but its not even a week old.

In reply to madmo, have you tried wetting the contact strip slightly on the chest strap.I found this helped although it wouldnt give me a reading when used on my bike with the handlebar attachment.  

I regret buying it so i'd say give it a wide berth.

• Is this the MCP 20053?

Because i can't even get mine to take my heart rate - after following the instructions religiously i'm wondering what i am doing wrong!? Any tips? (Have used the water on the straps!)

• Hi Hannah, yes it is the 20053.It sounds like your batterys are on the way out. I suspected mine was acting up due to the batterys(they only last 12 months,probably sat in a warehouse for a good deal of that) one in the strap and one on the watch/monitor,so decided to change them(both),its very straight forward. Fingers crossed it seems to be running ok now,although its only been a day with the new batterys.  Give it a whirl dont buy batterys from newsagents way to expensive,bought 2 off ebay free p+p £1.49.   heres the link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160482687215&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

good luck with it  !

Does anyone have any training tips/ideas for heart rate training ??

• daniel mccann wrote (see)

Does anyone have any training tips/ideas for heart rate training ??

This book has been recommended so many times on this forum that I bought it.  I tried to stick to the schedules but got side-tracked so just started with them again now.  It seems to work.
  • Hi does anyone have the instructions for a crane wristwatch heart rate monitor MCP 20053 08-2010 bought one last year HRT stopped working but new batteries started it back up, but i have now lost the instruction manual, any help would be appreciated
  • Mine works fine.

Went to circuits yesterday. could see rate while doing shutle runs. at the end could see the calaries burnt and fat burnt. Do admit the the instructions are a bit messey, but it works fine and for £12.99 can complain

• Steve Tulloch wrote (see)
    Hi does anyone have the instructions for a crane wristwatch heart rate monitor MCP 20053 08-2010 bought one last year HRT stopped working but new batteries started it back up, but i have now lost the instruction manual, any help would be appreciated

Steve Tulloch wrote (see)
    Hi does anyone have the instructions for a crane wristwatch heart rate monitor MCP 20053 08-2010 bought one last year HRT stopped working but new batteries started it back up, but i have now lost the instruction manual, any help would be appreciated

Steve just google crane heart rate monitor and I can see the instructions there. thats how I got to this page. also you could try there customer service www.producktservice.info , that the details on my instructions when I bought mine yesterday

• I just bought one and I would like to know how well people like it?

Doesn't show your calories that you burn?
  • Tamara Wilson wrote (see)
    I just bought one and I would like to know how well people like it?
    Doesn't show your calories that you burn?

Press the top right and button so it shows pulse, then press the bottom right hand button till is shows stw. the press the bottom left hand button to start the stop watch, it will then start to record the calories burnt. It is in the instructions but took me a week to find

• I'm tempted to say this monitor is about as much use as a chocolate frying pan, but at least you could eat the frying pan, so it's far worse than that. From taking mine out of the box, the only button that worked was the 'Set' button and all this did was start and stop the chronometer - and even the screen digits for that were so pathetically tiny that if you used it on a run, it would be about as much use as a chocolate... well, you get the picture. I bought mine at Aldi at the discounted price of £6.99 and I still feel as though I've been mugged. I can't return it because I didn't remove it from the box until well past the return date. I tried logging onto the site mentioned in the enclosed leaflet for some help but found the wasn't even recognised. The only slight comfort is that I didn't pay the full price for it. If you did, then you have my sympathy - we've all been taken for mugs. If you've come here to find out whether it's worth buying, the answer is a resounding, unequivocal, cast iron, NO, in bright red capital letters, triple underlined, with three exclamation marks.
  • Is that the hrm from 2007 ?