Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Morning all

i am going to try a small run today to see how i get on the physio recommended running one day and rest the next although he did not look happy when i said i was going to try a run

• Morning

Toby - Hope your run was good and your legsfeel ok.image

I did 12 slow miles last night  quite enjoyable but the tops of my legs felt it on the last mile which is unusual for me, if im going to feel it anywhere its usually in my calves?? Oh well the body is a strange thing.

Hope everyone ok.

Binx

• Afternoon all

Well just back from my first run in 2 weeks did a nice gentle 5 miles which took me about 50 minutes not including the time i stopped at the turn around point to stretch

I did the exercise the phyiso had given me before i set off and they seem to help as it was the freest i been able to run in a long time

there were still one or two niggles the especially from the shine splint  which i was excepting as i still know it’s going to take a while to get me back to full heath but nothing half as bad as it had been

Will rest tomorrow and go out again on Thursday and may continue to train up until Leicester and then have a full rest up until Christmas that way i am hoping i will be in a better shape to train for Brighton next year

but we will have to see as i don’t  know whether i can go that long without a run or i my rejoin the gym so i can go swimming on a regular bases just to keep the fitness levels up

meant to say well done to everyone that ran the GNR over the weekend must try that one year just so i can say i run it

• Well done Toby - bet it was good to get back to it?

Just a short run tonight around the Dock - as per schedule.

• Hope your cold is on the mend toby3.  Good going getting out there still. 

I managed a slow 5k plod this afternoon but my new HRM is rubbish.  It was jumping around all over the place and at one stage said my HR was 218 when I wasn't even puffing then "dropped" to 130 when I went uphill. I think I need a better one - too much interference I suspect.

Anyway, I've just found a race that I fancy taking in the Top Gear track in October image

• imageAh Toby, what a pain to have a cold as well, hope it is getting better & well done on your run.

imageBinx good mileage - hope your legs ok?

imageHi Kev, glad you're out & about, thanks again for Swamsea.

imageHi SoupDragon, nothing wrong with a plod - take it from one who knows all about plodding!!!!! Good luck with race in Oct.

imageWas off ill on Monday & so didn't eat - Tues went to work & aqua aerobics in the eve which was quite hard on the legs - imageTodays run was a hard did first 3miles in 31.02 then next 3 in 34.24 (had to have walk breaks) which meant I did 10k in 65.26 - YIPEE been trying to get under 66.28 since Bristol 10k - then decided to walk the last mile home & try & enjoy the weather, countryside etc -

imageHave decided to swap my water workout to a Mon eve instead of Tues eve 'cos I am finding runs hard on a Wed after the exercise of a tues eve - do you think that will be better or do you think I am just a whimp???????

imageGuess if I was a million years younger that might help me!!!!

imageAnyway, enough of my moaning - hope everyone else ok & enjoying their runs -

imageI'm now off to fix electric fence the horses managed to break down , they have snapped the plastic fence posts in half & they have spent ages pigging out on the lush grass I was trying to keep them off!!!!!!!!!! LOL Bless their little cotton socks

TTFN Nessie (Your turn Binx ) x

• Afternoon all

Resting up today surprisingly the leg are a lot stiffer that i thought they be today will go out for a run tomorrow

I am going to take the run gear with me when i go up to Leicester on Friday night when we take the daughter back to uni and go out for a run early Saturday so that i can go back to the hotel and shower up before we come home an idea suggested by Martin who i post with on the Leicester marathon thread i started

i will need to work out how to get to Victoria park and look up new walk which are where we will finish but am hoping that the daughter will know she should do as she has now been in Leicester 4 years and is now finally  entering her final year after having to swap courses

So this will be the last year that we have to run up and down the motorway 4 or 5 times a year to collect her

Soup Dragon well done on the plod sorry to hear about the HRM playing up

Lop a Long yes it is a pain but there you go what can you do hope your four legged friends did not cause to much damage as for swapping your aqua aerobics from Tuesday to Monday you must do what’s best for you if you feel like you’re not getting anything from your run on Wednesday because your legs are tired then having a day off between may well be the answer

i must say you all do take your running a lot more seriously than i do what with hart rate monitor and Garmin watches i am afraid am still back in the dark ages all i do to get the pace is time the distance it am running by 10 then divide it by 60 so for example 13 x 10 = 130 divide by 60 would give you 2:10 very technical

• toby3 - enjoy Leicester.  My OH did the marathon a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.  Victoria park is a bit out of the city (about a mile walk I think) and at the top of hill which didn't go down very well on the last mile so be warned.

Lop a long - thanks for the plodding company.  Another 3.5 mile plod for me this afternoon in 43 minutes.  image

• imageThanks Toby, I guess that is the thing to do to swop exercise around from Tues eve to Mon eve - I dont work Weds , so that obviously is a day that I run & ride horsie, so think I will use Tues eve as a rest time.

imageSoupDragon - good run - keep up the good work 

imageRode horsie this pm, so am feeling prett tired now -

imageHope everyone else ok TTFN Nessie x

• Afternoon all

just a quick post

Will try another run today then rest again tomorrow

• Evening all - a nice seafront run foe me tonight, building well now.

Hope your run was ok toby1

• Morning all

Managed 5 miles yesterday run on the treadmill luck i did it had been raining on and of all afternoon i did debate whether to go out for a run in the end decide to use the treadmill just as well i got in to the last mile and the havens open up outside to say a would have been a drown rat would have been an under statement

Someone was smiling on me yesterday

The run itself went ok struggled a bit but as it only the 2 run i am not going to worry to much at the moment

off to Leicester later to day runing kit will be goning with me

• Hello everyone - feeling a bit better than I was - I came down with sick bug on Monday night and had head in a bucket for 48 hours. I was seriously dehydrated + haven't been able to eat much since. Worse thing - it was my birthday yesterday and had to cancel meal out - felt really sorry for myself.

So Swansea was out yet again - this time not really by choice - don't think I could walk 6 miles, let alone run. Had 2 guys wanting my number - said a definite yes to the first guy who rang me so really cheesed off the second - then the 1st guy backed out as he couldn't run with a girl's number - didn't ever know they differentiated between the sexes??? If I feel less shaky, might just give it a go and forget a PB.

Soupdragon - I had problems with my heart monitor - then I read an article that said that until "one" starts to perspire, the transmitter doesn't give a proper reading - I was getting ridiculous readings and, at my age, I can't be too careful!

Toby - glad your run went well - have a good trip.

Sounds like all going to plan, Nessie - may see you in Swansea? 

• Did a nice run with my 5 year old son tonight - he managed 1.5miles without stopping image

• RK - your son is awesome!!!!!!!!
  • I was a tad proud of him ffRAN. The BHF Santa Jog in Swansea is 5k this year so Oliver is in training!
  • I'll look out for him in the London Marathon 2023!
  • Kev -give that boy of yours a medal.  Thats lovely.  wish I'd have started running at that age LOL.image

ffRAN - thanks for the advice on the HRM.  I was thinking today about getting some conduction gel.  I went out again with it tonight and I made sure I wet the contacts and I tightened the strap.  It was shooting up to high numbers in the first mile then settled down to 132. My target aerobic rate is 142 so I was cursing it again and stopping to wet the contacts.  Then I speeded up to see what happened because I was going very slow (which I used to have to do to keep my heart rate down for a <70% run).  It went up to 144 and I was feeling really good and plodding away quite nicely.  So I wonder if the heart rate monitor works and all the cycling I've  done for my half ironman has made me fitter than I thought! image

• Hi everyone, I did post last night but the system must have lost it as there is no sign of it!!!!

Sounds like you are all having mixed times, Toby's running, FFran's bug, Soup Dragon's HRM and Nessie with horsie!!! image Kev, thats the way to do it, get them early!!!! Well done to him, thats a good distance for a 5 yr old!!!! Soup Dragon, I usually just wet my skin as soon as I put mine on, sometimes it plays up but the Garmin I have found pretty reliable. I used to use another make, whose name I cant remember, but it was so unreliable I threw it in the corner!!!!!

FFran, sorry to hear about your bug but so glad you are over it, maybe we will meet up at last, will message my mobile so we can maybe find each other!! Nessie, hopefully see you there too, will txt u when I get there. Toby, I hope your recovery gets into gear soon!!!

I am still undecided as to whether to go for a pb on sun or just enjoy the race, I will wait to see if there are any pacemakers there and then decide!! Just hope the weather stays good! Its getting a little chilly now so may have to put my leggings on instead of shorts, it is by the sea as well!!!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend either in racing or training!

• Yeh, I think I'd better try a different HRM monitor before deciding I'm suddenly fit! image image  I expect when I get to the 85% stuff I'll be dead otherwise.  My gamin fell to bits a couple of months ago so I'm using a cheap tesco HRM which is probably hopeless.  But the good thing is I've now been out running 3 times this week and really enjoyed it. 

Have a good race SeeJay. 

• Morning all. Perfect  running weather here in south wales, sunny, no wind and nice and fresh.

Just back from a great run image

Hope the weather holds for the Swansea Bay 10k tomorrow.

• This weather forecast for tomorrow so you will all have a great time!

I will be there to cheer you all on for your PBs. It's been a "will I? won't I?" few weeks for me, but, although I feel fine now, I'm still really washed out.  I will get so disheartened if I flop, so all for the best, really. There's always next year.

Hope to see you - Pob lwc a gorau personol, pawb!

• Good luck at Swansea for all taking part. I'm still plugging away at the training. Up to 10 miles but I think a pin is coming out my foot. I'll stick with the training until I see the consultant. Have good Sundays. I'm off for a 10 miler, slow pace. See you!
    Ro
  • Lovely day for racing here - fine but cool, perfect.  But I did my long slow run yesterday with a lovely lap of Richmond Park so 7.2 miles in the bag. Don't know how long it took - no watch and don't care.  I'm not worried about slowness/speediness for the moment, just concentrating on getting out there and doing it for enjoyment. 

Race well everyone.  Looking forward to the results.  image

• Good morning all

Your son is fab Running Kev , well done to him.image

Good luck to all racing today.image

Been out for a little bike ride this mornin, ran 6 miles yesterday and did 4 miles with hills Thursday. Have had a stinky ccold so its all been hard work.

Soup Dragon sounds like your getting some lovely runs in.

Toby glad your runs are going  better thats really positive news.

Ffran hope you start feeling a bit better soon.

Nessie - hope everything good with you and horsie behaving itself, feeling to thick headed with cold for a ramble, so you are still the queenimage

Hope everyone has some good runs this week.

Binx x

• Sorry I haven't posted for awhile image

Hope everyone ran well at Swansea today and on your training runs image

18.5 miles this morning, over a 1000ft of climbs with a average pace of 8.51, starting to look forward to Snowdonia next month now imageimage

• Afternoon all

well were back from Leicester daughter safely deposited managed a 30 minute run while i was there run up new walk around Victoria park which will be the end of the race and then back down new walk and back to the holiday express by walkers stadium weather was perfect if it like this in 2 weeks I’ll be laughing

When we got back to Bristol went out and joined the gym and then went for a swim

Haven’t received may race pack yet will give to Wednesday then get in touch with the organizers

Soup Dragon it’s nice to just go out for a run now and again without worrying about the time

Ro Runner good luck with the 10 mile run hope your foot is ok

ffRAN sorry to hear your not feeling well i hope you’re feeling better soon

Kev welll done to your son

• 10 miles in 1h 45. That's 13 minutes faster than last week and I left the garmin behind! Shows what a lack of pressure can achieve. Thanks for the encouragement Toby. I think that helped too! Took a leaf out of your book Soup Dragon and let my natural pace see me round.
    Get well soon Ffran! Enjoy your Sundays and hope you all survived Swansea. Any times to share? Stret- that sounds like one heck of a training session. Hard core!
  • Great run Ro Runner. 

I seem to have ordered a new heart rate monitor!  I was just looking on Amazon and meant to click to add to basket just to save it for later but clicked "buy with one click" instead, not knowing what that really was.  Anyway, my OH was still logged in from his last session and it automatically ordered it and took payment from his card! oops. image  I now owe him £80 unless he doesn't notice  image  Its a Suunto t3 for those that know these things.  I was debating between that or a new garmin so looks like I'm not having the garmin any more.  But the Suunto comes with an optional foot pod that I can ask for some other time in December (not mentioning the "C" word just yet).

Waiting patiently now for Swansea results.

• Hi Guys,

Glad you got a run in Toby.

Oops Soup Dragon

Nice running Ro Runner image

Went to the shops today with the family image but I walked the 4 miles there and back so that made me happier (plus the new jeans and shirt as a treat for losing weight image )

Kev