Crap at relationships

Comments

• Aw Min. Made me really sad to read that and I remember feeling that way and it's crap!!!  image 

Bessie mate is a bit the same...  I think she's really pretty, she's clever (senior registrar dentist in a hozzie), she's funny, kind, lovely, she's interesting (has heaps of interests/hobbies), own house (very very lovely cottage), a bit quirky (owns a 6ft python), lovely family, not at all unhinged.... but she can't get a data with a nice man for love or money... image  She's done the dating websites (where most men in their 40s wanted to meet women 20 years younger than themselves... what's that all about??), speed dating, singles dinner nights, singles activity weekends... but she says it all feels so contrived.  image  Likewise my my other bessie male mate has been single for coming up to 8 years now and he'd make someone a perfect boyfriend.  He's loyal, friendly, a great listener (counsellor!), has a really fab moral code and would never cheat on anyone...  again women just don't seem to be interested... image

I think I was just really lucky that after years of wubbish, and just about to give up on relationships, I've met someone absolutely sterling, and I do count myself very very lucky for that and don't ever take it for granted.

Seems like everybody has a great best mate who's single.  We should get them all in a room together. image

• So you have two mates who are single and would love to meet the perfect guy/girl.  One is male and one is female? image
  • (Seems like everybody has a great best mate who's single. We should get them all in a room together).

my single friend . com/co.uk...the problem with these sites is you have to market yourself not good for shy types and it all feels a little meat markety with so much pressure to "preform". Not really the way to relax and meet someone to care for. image
  • Nam wrote (see)

image  Likewise my my other bessie male mate has been single for coming up to 8 years now and he'd make someone a perfect boyfriend.  He's loyal, friendly, a great listener (counsellor!), has a really fab moral code and would never cheat on anyone...  again women just don't seem to be interested... image

Sorry Nam......you made him sound like a labrador.............imageimage

sorry

Hugs to everyone out there married or single who is lonelyimage

• Mister W... I've tried that but unfortunately there's no spark. image
  • seren nos wrote (see)
    Sorry Nam......you made him sound like a labrador.............imageimage
    LOL and in many ways that would not be too far off the mark.  As a friend he's certainly been as loyal as an old labrador!! image
  • I was single for two years after my marriage ended. 

I was fit, healthy, member of a running club, owned my own flat, financially independent, not unattractive (so I'm told).

During that time I had two dates. 

Then I met my lovely, lovely, Squeeze image (at a forum social!)

So although it's not by any means guaranteed, don't be too dismayed by the fact that some people take longer to find their "significant other" than others.

Just cos it hasn't happened yet, Min, doesn't mean it won't ever.

• (((((((((Min))))))))

I might end up being in the same position (not missionary unfortunately image).  I split up with my long-term partner in May and a friend asked me if I'd met anyone I'm interested in since the split.  Although it's a bit soon for me to be thinking about getting back into a relationship I said to her "What if I never met anyone?".  It's definitely a possibility. 

• Oh you meet people Parklife and there is fun to be had along the way.  it's not all doom and gloom, honest.
  • As long as I don't meet gloomy men BDB - there are a few of those out there. image
  • You're right, plenty of gloomy peeps.  Just go for the fun ones for now.  The art there though is separating the nutters from the genuinely fun ones.  Doesn't matter about futures etc at this stage, just enjoy yourself.
  • Ha ha BDB I wouldn't say I'm particularly spoilt for choice generally, either of nutters or fun ones. image  But I'm not somene who actively seeks out potential dates/partners anyway, I just wait for them to drift towards me (can be a long wait image) + I've got plenty of really good male friends and for anything else, I s'pose I could always go on one of those sites selling plastic battery-operated items. imageimage
  • I'm sure I don't know what you mean image
  • Parklife wrote (see)
     I s'pose I could always go on one of those sites selling plastic battery-operated items. imageimage
    I suddenly realised you's not a boy... image
  • And separating the nutters from rest is an interesting experience. image  At least if you get it wrong you come out with some tales to tell .... thank you but I don't want to hear about your mother's bunions ...image 

Men in their 40s and early 50s generally want to meet women in their 30s.  Must be the kudos of having a yonger girlfriend.  Not sure what that leaves for those of us in our mid 40s ... image 

• Tickled Pink wrote (see)

Men in their 40s and early 50s generally want to meet women in their 30s.  Must be the kudos of having a yonger girlfriend.  Not sure what that leaves for those of us in our mid 40s ... image 

This is exactly what 2 female friends of mine said who both trialled dating websites.  Both are in their early 40s and look lots younger but didn't feel they should have to lie about their age and all the men had set their upper age limit to often at least 10 years younger than themselves and the lowest age limit set to 18 even if they were 40-odd.... image
  • Nam wrote (see)
    Parklife wrote (see)
     I s'pose I could always go on one of those sites selling plastic battery-operated items. imageimage
    I suddenly realised you's not a boy... image
    image How could you ever mistake young parky for a boy? She’s cook nice veg curry for a start and as some folks always tell me boys can’t cook. image They don’t get any brownies or cookies off me. image
  • Lots of people think I'm a boy on here.  It does say on my profile that I'm not.  I'm not very girly tho' and can be foul-mouthed at times.
  • When I've been on dating sights I sent my limits to 5 years either side.  I've seen women who were younger, same age and older than me.  My ex is 4 years older than me, so it really doesn't bother me.  If you are attracted to someone, age really doesn't matter.  My sis in law for example is 14 year older than my brother.

• Tee-hee I just re-read my last post.  No wonder men don't chat me up. image
  • Foul mouthed at the right time can be good Parklife image

Did I just type that? image

Anyway, very inclement weather we're having lately ......

• Nam wrote (see)

Likewise my my other bessie male mate has been single for coming up to 8 years now and he'd make someone a perfect boyfriend.  He's loyal, friendly, a great listener (counsellor!), has a really fab moral code and would never cheat on anyone...  again women just don't seem to be interested... image

As you know him well, can you see why?  Is he "too nice"?

• image Nice guys always finesh last Nam. image
  • image I've just realised the double meaning in that. Before someone else says it. 
  • Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

Foul mouthed at the right time can be good Parklife image

Did I just type that? image

Anyway, very inclement weather we're having lately ......

Would you like me to talk dirty to you BDB?  My rates are v reasonable .... image
  • Lol Parklife - if we're moving straight onto "pay the friggin' invoice or else" I had best give it a miss image

• image You havn't even let her borrow and never bring back cd's yet BDB, Tut!
  • Tickled Pink wrote (see)

Hmmm.... As far as I'm concerned, those men must be mad.

I'm in my early-ish 50s. I have  bunch of female friends in their early 30s, several of whom are lovely and going through that clock-ticking "will I ever meet anyone" panic stage.  The last thing I'd want is a LTR with someone like that -- I don't just mean the "can we have children" issue but basically such a big age gap makes things harder... less of a common understanding of the world. Not saying it can't work, because sometimes it does, but it's not easy.  A bit like marrying someone from another culture - it can work but I wouldn't be looking there. I mean... the music they like... image 

You wonder what would drive a man to pursue that. Never grown up? Desire to back to their youth? Trying to fan their waning sexual flames?   

• Badly Drawn Bloke wrote (see)

Lol Parklife - if we're moving straight onto "pay the friggin' invoice or else" I had best give it a miss image

You cun't talk to me like that! image

• Did you mean to type like can't like that Parklife?

Sorry, I was just combining the thought of dirty talk with reasonable rates and rolling it up into a final demand.

I'll get me coat ......