My Last Run

Comments

• Well done Solent Runner. Noticed that there was a bit of disappointment with the organisation, lack of  marshalls etc. Good time for what I hear is a tough Marathon!

Well done Skinn as well

Me 8M commute into work, 8m/M roughly. Just a bit quicker than easy.

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    swittle wrote (see)

Harewood 10-mile trail race today: water, mud, streams where paths should have been, calf-deep puddles and the 'Emmerdale' TV location too!  Ran with my pal, Lesley, whose 1st trail race it was.  She's now a convert image

Good to see you there swittle! They were certainly "interesting" conditions! I'll bring a boat next year!image
  • Dutch: where did you hear about the poor organisation at IoW? I thought for such a low key event thinks went very smoothly.
  • Solent Runner: Just scanned the comments on the RW events bit.

Glad it worked out well for you

• Sandstone Trail race yesterday. 17 miles, 655m of ascent, wet and muddy is an understatement. Great fun though. Pleased with my time, 2:15:22, 29th out of 161 finishers.
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Likewise, Dr. Dan.  How did you fare? Looking back at 24 years of running, yesterday's race at Harewood has entered my top 3 worst conditions underfoot & overhead list - but 'twas tremendous fun image

A perfect autumn morning and I ran 5 miles around Crosby Coastal Park, keeping to trails & promenade.  Crisp! 

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭

image I enjoyed it!! image 

Tough though ... I left my trail shoes at work and wasn't prepared to sacrifice my new trainers to the mud, so was struggling in my  worn out (1000+ miles - zero tread) road shoes. 75:43 in the end ... should have been sub-75 (based on the gap between me and the chap I finished 1s behind in last week's 10K) but I ran out of steam towards the end and was passed by over 10 runners in the last mile.

• 4.5M Fartlek. Dry image, mild, but windy. Hard session. Shattered.
  • 9.66 miles last night, very mild, threatened to rain but didn't, thank god.  Felt really good all the way round, really enjoyed the session.  Completed in around 72 mins

• I'm back for a posting!

5th Oct 2010 - 3.47m - 32:31 -

Decided yesterday that I was going to notch up a few more miles. Out just before 6am into the yelow lights of street lamps.
    Ran in the road all the up to the shops then pavement up until the Longy service road, up to Pratts. Back of the BP lights and coastd down to Vine.
    Along here I noticed my achillies on my left fot was sore again, going to watch this. It stayed sore until the end.
    Ran in the road down Blossom  and stayed on the road's right along Sweetcroft, nearly tripping over on the crumbly kerb on te last bend.
    Mountd the pavement at the odd width restriction then made it along all the wa up past Acorn Med Cen then crossed.Strolled to home.
    Glad to have done it! More caloros burnt!

Jog watch - 4

• hey Jamie

Just noticed you Crystal Palace badge above Ipswich. That will be the only time this season. image

• Don't worry about that, the table has been printed upside down.  We'll be ok, we would have beaten your lot at Selhurst Park a few weeks ago if it hadn't been for the cheating fuc*er Leadbitter.image
  • Could not decide what run to do today so did 9.5 mile at Marathon pace. Struggled a bit really until I stopped for a pee at mile 7 then ran like the wind. Lesson learned - don't struggle on in discomfort unload and then run refreshed.

Never really sure what to do in the taper period. I remember a piece of advice about resting not rusting but that is about it.

• Yesterday morning

Did a lovely 4miles (ish), conditions were perfect, sunny and fresh and not too hot. Really enjoyed myself...could have gone further but had a million things to do, it set me up nicely for the day.
  • Dutch: I personally have nothing bad to say about IoW organisation. But think if you were not used to such small events it may seem daunting.
  • 8M for me with a speed bit, 4x1.3k, in 4.56-5.01.
    Sharpens me up nicely for my upcoming 10k
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    Dr.Dan wrote (see)
    swittle wrote (see)

Harewood 10-mile trail race today: water, mud, streams where paths should have been, calf-deep puddles and the 'Emmerdale' TV location too!  Ran with my pal, Lesley, whose 1st trail race it was.  She's now a convert image

Good to see you there swittle! They were certainly "interesting" conditions! I'll bring a boat next year!image
    Dr.Dan wrote (see)

image I enjoyed it!! image 

Tough though ... I left my trail shoes at work and wasn't prepared to sacrifice my new trainers to the mud, so was struggling in my  worn out (1000+ miles - zero tread) road shoes. 75:43 in the end ... should have been sub-75 (based on the gap between me and the chap I finished 1s behind in last week's 10K) but I ran out of steam towards the end and was passed by over 10 runners in the last mile.

Tough indeed!  I found my Nike Zoom Trail S only just up to the task, while my running pal's Kanadias didn't miss a step.  image  We finished in 1:55:28, only a minute a mile slower than Lesley's 10-mile road pace.  She did v. well imho image
  • 35min Tempo run for me today covered just over 5 miles.

Really tight calf muscles though, felt like they were going to go ping! Mmmm perhaps I need to stretch them out a bit more before!

Good stuff Dutch, you will be flying in your 10k!

Solent, well done on your marathon the other day!

• 4M plod this morning. Just recovering from yesterdays fartlek.

Cold, dry and very still. Good running weather

Gohome: Sounds like you need to stretch those calves.

Dutch: All the best for your 10k.

• Hi to everyone

yesterday afternoon after work my session training was of 43 mins .i ran 10k good pace listening my preferit disco music in part into the park but was irregular the path so i prefered changing with streets. caotic traffic (only for 2k) but at 5,30 pm is normal

good run image and nice day

enrico

• I ran last night with my son. Usually, I run with my eldest son, who is always encouraging. Second son just set off into the distance, checking over his shoulder occasionally that I was alive. We did 5 miles, and I just about kept up. In fact, I ran it in 11 minutes miles which is 1/2 min improvement. It was great to have the company in the dark.
  • i hadnt run much lately but i got my marathon ballot reject letter and then got accepted on a golden bond place so i had a whole new lease of running life and ended up doing 9miles got absolutly drenched tho!
  • swittleswittle ✭✭✭
    A fresh morning after heavy overnight rain, and I was paddling in the park within minutes image.  Even near the dunes, the grass was sodden but it was all good fun and I ended with a section down the prom near Crosby Baths, then home the way I came.  About 5 miles in all.
  • 10K tempo run in 56 minutes.  I will have to get my last long run in before the HM on Friday as I will be away for the weekend.
  • Good evening runners.another speedy training after work 10k 44 mins.my yongest son saw me at the bus stop while i crossed the street. he told me after at home. Good run
  • 4M Fartlek, which actually started out as a Steady run ! Just felt Good , however my legs are feeling heavy nowimage

Sassy: Well done on your run.

• Good afternoon at all.i saw yours LM photos.congratulations again.is the same we do the day after a contest.good luck next target.enrico
  • Welcome Muppley and Sassy A!

Me: 8m commute in, slowly at about 8:40m/M. Today I'm also running back, doing 16M in one day for the first time in years..... 

This morning was easy, I'm quietly confident for this afternoon.

• swittleswittle ✭✭✭

Hi, Enrico - your training is going well image

DF, you'll do that return trip no bother at all - excellent stuff image

Me?  7am and misty over the Wirral & N. Wales hills; quite a nip in the air too.  5 rather laboured miles up to Burbo Bank and back down the beach via Crosby Baths.

• Hi all, 

Some hill work for me today. Hill repeats 6 x 160m about 33 secs up and 1min down.

Felt good.....