Men in running stockings.

13»

Comments

• I cannot contain myself any longer. I simply can't. After all these years of repressing my true feelings, the openness in this discussion and the way that some people are inable to contain the urge to declare their sexuality on a thread about standard running attire, I feel the time is appropriate for me to finally come out of the closet. Oh

and
  • I cannot contain myself any longer. I simply can't. After all these years of repressing my true feelings, the openness in this discussion and the way that some people are inable to contain the urge to declare their sexuality on a thread about standard running attire, I feel the time is appropriate for me to finally come out of the closet. Oh. That feels so much better now.

• Oh I'm glad that came out three times. Is my point clear?

Sorry about that.

• I know it's been said over and over again, but this thread is useless without pictures.

• congratulations, but you only had to say it once.  most people aren't that bothered (except the ones who wear shorts over their tights)

rubber up, and have fun..!

• JayVee, are you like beetlejuice? It must be a drag to have to say everything 3 times image

• I think shorts over tights is a good look.
  • I think shorts over tights is a completely shit look
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Parklife wrote (see)

I know it's been said over and over again, but this thread is useless without pictures.

Old Timer wrote (see)
    Beware of the Posers, the ones who shove an egg box down the front to create an optical illusion.image
  • Can I just say one thing, if something feels ok, comfortable etc, whats wrong with a person wearng it.

I guess its just we pigeon hole what  1) people HAVE to look like and 2)   Whats viewed as male and female and 3) whats "politically correct.

In Nelsons day- and beyong a mane wearing silk stockings was acceptable - why ? cos they all did.

No doubt tights were the same -from the 1066 -right through and beyong Tudor times, so in some ways the views we have now are kinda outdated.

But you still need guts to wear tottally "fem" things. Lycra runners are no big deal at all-totally in vogue.

• Some hilarious opinions here. Got 4 pairs of running tights (2 x Full length, 1 x 3/4 length and 1 x 1/2 length) and I'll wear any of them whenever for a run. It was chucking it down and cold last night and the full lengths kept my legs warm and kept the muscles safe.

Where this 'Gay' comment came from I have no idea. Maybe these people should go back to their sad little judgemental lives and leave proper runners alone.

If I was running in ass-less leather chaps, I could understand, but quite specialized running gear? How that could even be classed as gay is beyond me.

And the 'Well I'm manly and I wear shorts all year' argument... This time of year....I'm cold. I don't know if you are but from now to the depths of winter I am.

• If you wear shorts in freezing weather and think it's manly. Right after you come back from the run, take those shorts off and have a look at yourself in the mirror. See how manly you feel then. Nuff said.

• for me, it's not a question of manliness wearing shorts all winter - years of rugby on wet cold muddy pitches have immunised the legs to cold until it goes sub-zero when I "might" crack out the tights.

and there's no need to look in the mirror after coming back from a cold run - just trying to find the old fella is enough to tell me it's been cold!
  • Haahaa. Very true, the middle wicket has a tendency to turn into ashes when it gets a little chilly outside.

Seriously speaking, it comes down to comfort. You should wear what you feel comfortable while staying on the correct side of the law of course.

If you feel comfortable in shorts in the cold, great. I know a group of runners in Finland who run without a shirt in minus 20 weather. Without a shirt!

• If I'm doing a quality session I would almost always wear shorts and a vest, only exception would be early morning in below zero temperatures.

If it's cold (as in 5 degrees or lower) and I'm out for either a long run, or an easy run I would tend to wear full length tights and a long sleeved top.

• "without a shirt in minus 20 weather"

well I guess that is one extreme way of preventing nipple bleed!!
  • SCoombes2SCoombes2 ✭✭✭
    Showing what i'd call the 'Proud Boys' ;)