Options

My Last Run

Comments

• Options
    4M Easy/Steady. Legs heavy for some reason.
  • Options
    8M into work taking it slow in the rain!
  • Options

....and 8M home again, this time in a bit of bleak sunshine.

Gohome: cheers, I'm upping the mileage at the moment. 

Topping 50M this week but that's a novelty!

Have signed up for a M'ton next year - so I better!

• Options
    Another slow but steady 4 miles, 37.42, slower than Monday but I'm trying to cut the walking breaks out of my runs.  Walked once for a minute, the rest was all running, at times felt like stopping but just pushed on through, if I can manage to cut the walking then I can concentrate on my speed later. Really enjoyed tonights run, can't wait for my 6 miles on Friday.
  • Options

Still running!

27/10/10 - 3.47 *PB - 30.29 

A planned run but up until the last minute I was'nt sure how far. Took a while for my Garmin to tune in but off I went with music and no water. three it was! Seemed Ok from the off and it didn't seem too fast. I ran along in the road along to half way along SutCTRD. pavement from then on, crossing at the library at the lamppost.
    Up LLane was ok, it didn't seem too fast, swerving wide at cleveland Ave because of trafffic, But as I reached Pratt's I stater to open my stride up, quite fast to the back of the lights where i was held up for a few seconds only.
    Nicely along the Uxbrd. VinL was great, no cars oncoming until bottom of first hill. ran along the pavemet until just about the ACS then in the road again.
    Down BlossWy was great, i really sprinted down I am going to love this hill in future! Around the s bend, again close to the edge. I felt a bit more energy than last night and my run along the LLane was better too. I crossed at the far crossing and tried to speed up a bit to hame,
    I sprionted along my road despite two cars causing me to zig zag across the road. But I did mange to sprint a bit.
    I am getting closer to target one here of a sub 30 minute run of this route.

London VLM 2011 Here I come!

Jog Watch - 2 

• Options

35min Tempo run at lunchtime, clocked up 5.75miles avg pace of 6:45.

Lunchtime run always makes me feel rejuvenated for the afternoon! image

• Options
    Last night on the treadmill, managed 10 miles in 1:09.
  • Options
    7M Steady today. Okay run and it stayed dry.
  • Options
    4.5M Fartlek. A hard session. Legs are shattered. Windy, but mildish.
  • Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭
    4.6mi easy last night with strides in 48min. Legs felt fresher than the day before and it was a lovely evening, if a tad too warm.  Just started doing 20mi weeks, this is my second week, after being an occasional runner averaging about 2 runs a week so all my runs will be easy ones to get used to mileage. image
  • Options
    15M on the South Downs Way, close to 9m/M
    tiring but very enjoyable outing
  • Options
    Another 4 mile run, working my way back to full fitness.  I mentioned before that I am trying to cut out my walk breaks and I had been finding this really hard, today just pushed on through and ran the full 4 miles in just over 36 minutes.  Tough at times as I was running mainly into an head wind but that made the feeling when I finished the run all the more sweeter, looking forward to my next run on Sunday so much now.  Hope everyone else are enjoying their running as much image
  • Options
    30 minutes invteval session yesterday on the treadmill while my son was at Judo.  With the school holidays I have not had a lot of time this week.  Will get a long run in tomorrow then back to normal after Tuesday when they go back!
  • Options

Hi folks.

10M in 1.12.40. Nice effort, out of the LSR comfort zone.

• Options
    Went out for a 10 mile run but had a sharp pain in my ankle so had to stop and take a short cut home and walk.  7.5 miles.  Hope its not the start of somethingimage
  • Options

G'day all

steady 10 today in 1:28, nice and fresh on the Costa Manchester this morning.

The Shiraz took a hammering last night so these weren't quality miles in any way, shape or form!

• Options

Hi all, haven't been on here for a long time...

Did 10k this morning (Race 1 of Ronhill Surrey Classic Series) in 50.28.....

Didn't really have a time target in mind as I've only been doing easy running for the last 6 weeks or so, and this was just a way of seeing roughly where I'm upto. As such, I was running based on perceived effort, and trying to finish strongly

Splits were:

• Mile 1: 8.17
    • Mile 2: 8.25
    • Mile 3: 8.04
    • Mile 4: 7.42
    • Mile 5: 8.13
    • Mile 6: 8.03
    • last 0.25: 1.49

This is the first time I've done a proper negative split, which is pleasing..... but makes me think I may have started too slowly!

GO

• Options
    I did my FIRST EVER half marathon yesterday in 1:58:12 which am pretty pleased with considering it was up and down like a bride's nightie image
  • Options
    Another good 4 miles banked in 34:36, also done without stopping again, lots of ghouls and stuff out and about tonight oh and me in my tights and t-shirt lol.
  • Options
    4M Steady in fog this morning. Dry though and cold.
  • Options

Happy monday to all! image 

10m run on Saturday in 1:03 pushed it in the last few miles, recovery 4.5 mile run on Sunday.

• Options

Hello people, welcome and/welcome back goldenoldie and rosbif!

Me: 16M, 8M into work and, you guessed it, 8M back. Slow pace in, and steady pace back.

• Options

Crikey, just realised how long it is since I posted on here!   oooppps!!!! Must try harder ....

Well, my last run was the Worksop HM yesterday.   A cracking time was had.  A vile hill for the first mile, then the rest of the course was undulating through clumber park and through the grounds of Worksop College, the bonus then being the last mile all down hill ... yay!!! 2 hours 15, not fast, but not mega slow ( not bad considering I had only got back from holiday on the SAturday and had eaten and runk far too much)

Grim Reapers - 12

Salvation Army bands - 1

Jog watch - 2200 approx

Unicorns - nil

• Options
    4.5M Fatrlek. Shattered. Dry though !
  • Options
    That should read Fartlek, not my spelling above. Told you I was shattered !!!
  • Options
    4.5 mile easy run.  Legs felt a bit heavy but no pain in my achilles.  Hopefully I will be able to complete Sundays 10K without any problems.
  • Options
    Had a little time off running over weekend as had a niggle in my right hand calve I did not want to make worse, so rested whilst applying plenty of ice to affected area. Also went out and treated myself too a pair of new Kayano's yesterday too. However was getting to many withdrawal symptoms from runners high, so put the trainers back on last night and went out for 15 miles in a time of just under 2 hours. It felt so good to be running and calve seems to be behaving. Now time to get my head down for some serious training before the Gosport Half.
  • Options
    4 miles in 34:19, quite a similar run to sunday but really windy tonight and at times the driving rain didn't help, legs felt good, breathing ok, another run with no walk breaks so I think I have finally got the hang of not stopping. Near the end of my run I ran round a corner to be confronted by the local running club heading my way, thankfully they weren't going the same way image  
  • Options
    4.5M Steady, Okay run. Dry, but very windy. .Large puddles to avoid.
  • Options

Hi folks,

Hope you're OK Solent Runner! Things have been going so well for you!

Me: 8M in easy (just over 8m/M

Gave it a push on the way back, under 7:30m/M in headwinds.

Pleased with the effort. I feel that the extra mileage is making me stronger.