Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• Oops, just posted on another thread before I re-found this one. Have just entered again, even though I promised myself 'never again' ....
  • Afternoon all.

Well it's official - I am now redundant and on garden leave end of Nov image Dec to paint house and start new job in Jan 2011 with one of the Big 4 in their  IT Audit line image

No Edinburgh for me next year - 3 times is enough. Thinking about Amsterdam or Chicago,  and the bulk of the SUMS series for 2011. Anyone care to join me?

• Same here Ali H, swore never ever again and bingo entered image

Caniggia33 you get me in trouble with your posts! but then again you are my official stalker, legs recovered yet? image

• Surely it wasn't me getting smiFfie in trouble your honour I was at the other side of the world. I can get myself into enough trouble here without getting blamed for anything else I nearly got barred from china for looking a bit like andrew lemoncello who got refused entry 7 days earlier. Still if I am going to cause mischief I suppose there are worse folk to cause it with x image

I've just had a bar of dark chocolate galaxy at airport waiting for next flight on trip who says communism is bad!!!!!!

Markk I'm a knock of nigel I'm a knock of nigel. Knock off nigel bought a cheap goretex coat lol (because it was feckin freezing in beijing)
  • Morning All!!!!!!!
  • Morning all. I am a tad hungover. Someone please shoot me...
  • Woo hoo!image Belfast just got a Parkrun!  And I just entered!

Hope the hangover has subsided Markk image

• Hi again all.Ah !!! The weekendimage.Have done just one run after the Amsterdam Marathon.7.5 miler with the club on Wednesday.Only a 10 day recovery,but I tend to recover quickly.Have a 10 mile on/off road race next Sunday,but apart from that,will not be doing to much more racing this year.Already entered London and Berlin,will also go back to Latvia for a third time,and who knows what else.

Thinking of buying a pair of Brooks Shoes as the ones I am looking at are suitable for very high arches ,which I have.The running company I go away with (sorry Caniggia,I know you hate them) has a competition in which you can win one of their trips free.I do begrudge the price as I think it is pointless spendingloads,but wih 2 injuries already this year,these may just suit.Then I will probablythrash them todeath and not buy anymore for another 5 years.If they feel comfie and serve the purpose,why change them.

Did anyone see the documentary on the Tarahumara Indians on sky recently.Fascinating!!.

See you in a bit

Kiwi

P.S. SMIFFIE,can I still talk you into Berlin,and you too DCB.

Oh Hi JAC,where have you been!!

• Have just entered the West Highland Way Race I MUST be mad image
  • Mental you are DCB. Wouldn't find me doing that lark again after last year image
  • I'll probably do the Fling as a warm up Markk you up for that again?
  • Morning all. Slighty confused there DCB between the Fling and the WHW race image I'll be sending my entry for the Fling off shortly.

29 days and counting until I am out of here image

• Morning!

DCB, that IS nuts! image
    Hi Kiwi - have not been running, therefore not posting image

• I've not been running either for a month but have just entered a 96 mile race image
  • LOL, hmmm very tempted to run Berlin again..........

Kiwiscanfly, bad bad bad man, I'm supposed to be backing off and stepping down to halves......

Not heard anymore from Boston, how long do you wait for the "we are reviewing case by case people who queried on Monday 18th that system was crashing" image

I've only got Edinburgh entered for Spring, natty 'ickle 10 miler entered for December but nowt else.

Certainly not a wee 96 miler DCB image, don't run past your support crew on this one eh image

Hi Jacs, late but 'BANG' Markk, Caniggia33 image

• YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

I've just rung and Boston are letting me run............... whoop whoop whoop imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

• I'm not good enough and on hols on my own then next year no stalking in the spring image(

Really really glad you are in I felt like sh!t for encouraging you to book in advance. Sooooooooooooooo jealous x
  • Congratulations on Boston Smifffie image  x
  • Yes congratulations of Boson Smiffie - yes I'm still here not dropped off this mortal coil just yet!
  • Well done on Boston SMIFFFIE,That's great news.I know when I met up with CANIGGIA last time in Berlin he highly rated it.ONE DAY.So will you be doing Berlin as well??????????

Hi JAC. Are you back out running again or having time off?  

• managed a 9 mile run tonight, m-a-n I'm unfit image

Cheers, was I slightly excited earlier?  Well I still am image  So funny lady said I would get a direct registration email and that I was getting place, I still double checked 'Really' Doh image

Hmmmm Do like Berlin a lot.....

• I'll keep working on you SMIFFFIE!! BERLIN,BERLIN,BERLIN,BERLIN,BERLIN,BERLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it working?????????

Is it working????????????????

• Ok folks inspire me where am I going to go running next year? I've friends who want to go away for weekend at start of April which is screwing my plans up a bit? I was hoping to make Boston an excuse not to go but my abject failure to run that quick has knocked it off the agaenda.  I normally run 3 marathons/year but struggling to work out how to fit it in. Was thinking Washington in October if the skins are at home that week but undecided on others. Maybe Belfast at start of May. Any bright ideas?

There are Reykjavic and Helsinki in August which are a nightmare to get to and as someone who struggles in heat an August marathon looks like stupidity.  Hamburg in now in late may which will probably be too hot for me as my one fast attemp of the year thanks to the eurovision song contest and Edinburgh will be on the hot weekend in may again. hence the reason I was thinking of Belfast.  I don't desperately want 2 holidays in April and nothing for months afterwards and I'm reluctant to run 2 on the bounce in Sept and then in October especially with the October one being the expensive one for the year.

Might have to be a half instead. GNR is out as I've lost my automatic place now.  Maybe somewhere like Budapest at start of September.......

Oh the dilema!!!!!!!! image

• Afternoon all. Been a bit of pish week with bathroom being fitted turning in to a fecking nightmare due to the workmanship of one individual who has since been fired from the job image What was meant to take one week will now take three image Still, my knee is feeling the best that it has done for months, even though I've become a fat porker with no running image

Can -having run  Reykjavic I can confirm that the tem for late August is around 5c so it is like an autumn day in the UK. You can get a three day package from Iceland Air via Glasgow which include hotel and tours which is probably the best bet. It's pricey when you get there, but isn't everywhere these days?  It's a good course and well worth consideration. I reckon you could PB it....

• Morning all.Off to race a 10 miler this morning.It is off and on road,working out whether to wear off roaders o rmy mizunos.Apparently it is not too bad underfoot anyway.We will see.Only had 2 training runs since Amsterdam marathon so will just take it as it comes.Quite looking forward to it really.

CANIGGIA,I could perhaps suggest the Midnight Sun marathon on June 25th.I ran it a coupleof years ago.It was an amazing place to go to.A bit expensive when there being Norway.However our accommodation was very reasonable and the flights (SAS) also were.You can actually eat and get everything you want without actually having to spend mega bucks.There are convenience stores and things which sell everything you need which are not really anymore expensive than anywhere else you may  go to.The hotel breakfast was also one of the best I have had.It was excellent.The race starts at 8.30 in the evening because it is light all night.That wasn't a problem as when you are running you actually forget this really.

I would love to go back.Tromso is a neat place.Way up in the Arctic circle. 

• Hi guys, I'm back... Any room for another old hand to join the chat?
  • Hello mate we were just talking about you (well a few 1000 posts ago). Are you fit and well again we were worried about you when you never came back.

Real dilemma about where to run next year. I could be tempted with the dundee marathon to say I've done one in my home town but can never be sure that it will actually go ahead. Its the trip away in april that will never happen that is confusing me.

Good news from noo yoik noo yoik is that Phwoar has beat Haile!!!!!!