Snowdonia Marathon 2011

Comments

• That's very presumptious of you TRex!!! But yesssssssss of course!!
  • As long as I don't stop at the same pubfor dinner on the Friday night or stay at the same hotel I should go under 4....... 

If reality matched intention I'd know I was dreaming
  • I'll be there and fantasising about a sub-4 again. If I actually train I might just achieve it one day. image

Interestingly I didn't get any muscle soreness after this year's race. Does that mean I didn't try hard enough?

I've started my Karaoke list. I shall start with "It's Raining Again" by Supertramp. image

• Every time I think of the 2010 race it makes me smile.
    I didn't think I'd get to the start line, but I did. And I got round.

In a moment of hubris, I've decided that i'm going for sub 5 in 2011.
  • Every time I think of the 2010 race it makes me smile.
    I didn't think I'd get to the start line, but I did. And I got round.

In a moment of hubris I have decided: I'm going for sub 5 in 2011.
  • How did I manage to say that twice? Sorry
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Yes, the 2010 race certainly had its elements.

There seems to be a very large sub-4 group already.  Can I join?  Who's doing the pacing?

• The Mighty P - what time did you get this year? It's just sinking in with me that I got round. The guy on TV said it was the hardest marathon in Europe - nobody told me that BEFORE I set off image

Oops shouldn't be on this thread if I'm not doing it next year image

• I got 5.16, to my great surprise. Was thinking of 6h, but obviously got distracted.

• The Mighty P -  You must have been very near me as I was 5:11. See you at the back(ish) of the pack next year - IF I do it.
  • If? I don't doubt for a moment that you'll be there Mr Benn. What else would one do in October?
  • Its far to long having to wait 12 months to do it all over again!!!! 
  • Trex-you will be pacer-of course. This year was a temporary blip caused by illness. Mr Ben-of course you will be there cos..''aint no mountain high enough, aint no river deep enough'' to keep you awayimage.

I think I have gone mad, work is not a good idea post-marathonimage

• Hi all.

Ran snowdon for 3rd consecutive year and got round in 3.08,seven weeks after London to Brighton ultra . I said I was not going to do snowdon next year, but concentrate on L2B again, but here I am looking for next years entry forms. By far the best marathon I have done. Can't wait, and aim for sub 3 hours

•  BritNick wrote (see)

I've started my Karaoke list. I shall start with "It's Raining Again" by Supertramp. image

I can play Give A Little Bit on acoustic - we could have a Snodders band maybe.

• panadpanad ✭✭✭

just looked at the website and they say they're not opening entries for next years race until jan 1st image

• Hi all

Full of cold me!!!! image seen some of the pics, some good ones of T-rex, panad and me. Not saying how much they are yet.

Mr ben  Stop fighting.....you know you want to do it again you are as mad as the rest of us!!!image

T-rex  You will get us round in sub4 next year it really was great running with youimage

Chimney We must of been very close to each other at end of race.

Never thought running down a mountain in a inch of mud getting pelted on by hail stones could be so much fun......bring on 2011!!!!

• panadpanad ✭✭✭

lol tr38 people of work think i'm completely nuts, for a running 26.2miles, b doing it around snowdon and c for the massive smile that comes on my face when i talk about the weather during the race image

• T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Such kind remarks - well, I'll have to see what I can do.  Found the S4C highlights very inspiring - I like that lead guy's style - very fluid.

At my work - a 16-mile commute - they ask how I am getting home: cycling, running, or (after my adventure of a couple of month's back) swimming.

Just ordering the snow for next year, then ...

• TR38 - I'm not going to make a descion on next year until the new year as now , when I'm going through post race blues, is not the right time. Also if I hadn't run all the way, albeit very slowly, I'd definately say yes now as for me doing a marathon means running all the way and that's what I would want to do.

On that point I think it really helps doing the walk up hills method. I ran all the way up the last hill and only ended up about 100meters infront of those walking, and then refreshed they ran past me.

If I'm perfectly honest I think I will almost definately do it as I think/know I can get well under 4:30.

I honestly thought before the race it would be my first and last, and it still maybe, but I doubt it.

If you'd asked me in the last 4 miles on Saturday you would have got a most emphatic NO WAY.image

• I am definitely in, I am still beaming!! image
    SS
  • First time running it this year (came in at 3:52) and will most definitely be back next year, aiming to break the 3:30 mark, fingers crossed.
  • Unfinished business for me too.... after Abingdon thoughimage
  • Fab report too by SSimage

Still recovering from legs and manflu at the mo- may venture out for a short toddle tonight though....image

• I'll definitely be there (all things being equal, of course!!) .... would be nice to get a bit closer to 4.30 hrs.

Going to try my first run tonight ... it's Club night, but I'll take it very steady and see how things go.  I ached more this year than I remember last year, but I did push myself harder (even power-walked up Waenfawr and overtook a lot of people!!) so maybe that's why?

Anyway, best marathon in the UK, best thread on RW, what's not to like?

• T Rex...I'd never have beaten last years time if I hadn't ran the first 10 with you so don't beat yourself up over the 4hr thingy.

We can't all be mad...I'm claiming sanity...partly because I travel to Snowdon to run in harsh conditions and drive over bridges blatently stating they are 'weak'....I then travel back home to the sunny south and leave you lot living with them 24/7....thats nuts!!!

JD..you'll rip up Abingdon...its flat and two lapped..you should leave scorch marks!

Been for a few gentle runs with Stan and all seems well....next stop Saab Salomon Turbo X on 21st...bring on the mud image

• On a new thread already???
  • T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

HTA - of course!  You can't keep a good thread down.

jason - so you're doing the Abingdon/SNOD double?  That's the way - I'll be doing that too.  I usually do Abingdon every other year (PB in 2008).  Was meant to do it this year but important work meeting on that day (17 Oct).

Thanks, Dina Mo.  I've got a feeling you'll want to come back for this - make it part of a longer break or walking holiday.

Meanwhile any budding ultrarunners out there - before the enthusiasm wanes get yourselves lined up for the High Peak 40 (Buxton, Derbs) in Sep.  Another good introduction is Marlborough Downs Challenge (33 miles, May).  I hope to do both of those since I have unfinished business with them - in three outings with them I have either missed the start, done a 2 1/2 -mile "detour", or ripped a quarter of my running shoe off on a hidden obstacle in the grass (with still 23 miles to go), i.e. my usual sorts of scrapes.

• Greg CGreg C ✭✭✭

I'll be there again (despite telling myself I was never running another marathon again at mile 15 image).

Will be getting my entry in on New Years Day.

I'll be aiming for 3:30.........