Options

The Movember 10K (Milton Keynes)

Very enjoyable run through pleasant surroundings in excellent conditions. Very enthusiastic and welcoming organisers and marshalls. The guy doing the warm up was a hoot.

Hills were testing but not soul-destroying. Downhill finish was wonderful!

A couple of points for the organisers:

Four portaloos is not enough for 300 people.

Young lady at the water point was overwhelmed. Needs reinforcements next time. Didn't matter that much as there was a nip in the air!

Will definitely be back next year.

Comments

• Options
    I had the totally oppostite experience, I hated every minute of this run. My main gripe was it was described as flat on the Runners World event entry and it definitely wasn't. I thought it expensive for what was included. By the time we reached the 'water station' the girl had given up and was sat on her cool box. Putting a water station at the bottom of a steep hill just before a sharp turn wasn't the best move either.
  • Options
    This was a well organised run and a fun warm up and crowd in general. It was advertised as flat and I found it at least 'undulating' if not hilly. I was also a bit frustrated in attempting a PB and having trained towards this race that the course seemed 'long' and 2 fellow competitors both wearing Garmins concurred that the course was more like 6.34 miles rather that 6.2 miles which can add a good 50 secs to overall time. So wouldn't choose to do this course again if attempting a particular time.