Any surfers out there?

I went out this afternoon, and it was about 6 foot, clean, easterly winds (I'm in South Wales).
I got properly hammered....
Anyone else trying to combine running & surfing?

Comments

• ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    If only I could NickJ! I do find that surfing is great for tired calves/ankles thanks to cold water sloshing around them.

I'll be down at the Witterings this weekend windsurfing and probably South or Mid Wales first week of December for surfing or windsurfing. Drop us an email if you can spare a day or two mid-week that week.
  • Chaos,

Unfortunately, I'll be in Fuerteventura that week, doing some warm weather training :-)))
    The forecast for today is good again... I've managed to get out four times in the last week.
    Where about in South Wales will you be going?
  • where in wales are you surfing?
  • Llantwit Major area (Llantwit, Southerndown, Ogmore), but I also travel to Pembrokshire from time to time, and will usually go to Newgale, Whitesands, Freshwater West, and -a great find!- Nolton Haven.
  • Never tried running and surfing on the same day ... all I ever wanted to do after a hard day was eat, drink and sleep.

Mind you, I was rubbish :). Used to expend an awful lot of energy falling off.

• ChaosChaos ✭✭✭
    Haven't decided yet, I'll have been mountain-biking up in Coed-y-Brenin so may head over to Borth as have read about it on the Force-of-Nature website alot. Otherwise could go back via the Gower.

That's what it's all about LizzyB - spectacular wipe-outs followed by a thorough flush-through in the rinse-cycle. I usually have sea-water dripping out of my nose for days after!
  • Yeah, I miss the feeling of being stuck in a spin cycle, arms wrapped round head and wondering on which part of your body the board is going to land ...

Living in Iceland, there isn´t much opportunity to surf. Someone has done some on the south coast somewhere, and we have our boards here, but we haven´t got round to exploring the beaches yet. Surfing in Iceland in the summer can´t be worse than Scarborough in January, so maybe next summer ...

...oh, I want to go back to northern Spain again ...