Cornish Marathon 2011

2»

Comments

• OuchOuch wrote (see)
    Temp watch 7C predicted for Sunday clear and crystal clear visibiliy.
    Same as last year then image
  • Same as last year would be spot on for me...... Great conditions!!

Iain has failed to say his walk is faster than his run!!

Ouch, you will be fine, been there done it an won it so stop the excuses, u ain't started yet and ya sounding like Iain! image
  • I know but I've got to get myself worked up a bit, this is the Coooornish Marathon afterall. Everything sorted now, finally found my running shorts! Hope everyone has a good run or run/walk.
  • Yeah I know that feeling, I've had 2 lots of 6-10 months off in my time, it's mental how you forget stuff, usually simple things like, nipple plasters or vas! Think think or it will be ouch ouch!!

Good luck m8, u will be flying. See u there!
  • good luck all , especially Woody who will be carrying the famous Barry The Baton tomorrowimage
  • Getting ready to go meet Muzza and head down. I think he's paid off my Mrs!!!

First she drags me round half the towns shops on a Saturday (she never does that) and then last night she opened up the red wine and it'd be rude of me to refuse.............. Heck it's gonna be fun out there today.

Nice day for it though - I think image See you there.

• Iain - That must have been worth 11 minutes off your time then surely...

Muzza - Great to see you today and running yet again so well, how do you do it. Might get a bit closer in Taunton.

Well done to Hilary, the organisers and all the marshalls once again today, really makes running this marathon a pleasure (of sorts). Must realise this marathon starts at 1000 am and not 1030, the warm-up was the first mile in 6 minutes 7 secs - schoolboy error.

Very happy with a start, a finish and a 3:13 GFA.....
  • Iain, excuses all u like!! Scalp twice now boyo!! image

Ouch, yeah good to see u m8, that's a dam good return to running after so long out! Well done! Yes see u at Taunton.

I will 2nd ouch! Brilliant as usual, well organised and great support from marshals, beats London I think, can appreciate the support more. Thanks everyone who were out there!
  • Good to meet you yesterday Ouch.

Muzza, I won't tell anyone that you threatened to make me walk home if I beat you and I had to make it look convincing rather than just jogging in behind you image.

Seriously though, top performance fella. Looking back I really enjoyed the race and I was so glad to have dressed up rather than suffering from the cold as so many people seemed to.

Just remember Jimmy, Marathons are just training. You haven't REALLY beat me until you do it getting off a 112mile bike ride image

• Give me time pal, one day! image

Dartmoor discovery??? I'll have excuse this time I got Stockholm the week before.
  • My shaky little ipod Nano video is uploading as I type. Presuming Youtube doesn't kick it out then it should be online by the time you lazy bunch get out of bed image

http://devoniain.blogspot.com/2010/11/cornish-marathon.html 

• Muzza

I was listening to one of the marathon talk podcasts the other day and they were talking about various races one being the North Devon Marathon.Just thought I'd let you know that you were mentioned ,not Muzza but  by your full nameimageIf I remember rightly they were talking about what a tough race it is and the various times people did.

I look out for the Cornish/Devon races as my parents live down in Bude though haven't done a race down there(too many hillsimage)

I'm doing my first marathon next April(Brighton) so have some catching up to doimage

• Susiebe1, yeah I did hear it, North devon is a very hard marathon, come give it a go!! Good luck In brighton suppose to be a good marathon!! image

Marathontalk is a good podcast! love it!

Iain, well done on the video mate, shame u recorded 52 mins of ya hand!

• Muzza/ Iain

Just to say there are lots of photos of the marathon on the St Austell Runners Club website........pointed out to me by a guy I met yesterday who knew the guy taking the photos.

• Yeah I did see them m8, some tagged me the pics on facebook