Options

Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

Comments

• Options
    John Ford 5 wrote (see)
    What do you mean neurotic?  I only suffer from paranoia, do you think I'm mad or something?
    Yes and No,   you come across as completely mad and I love it !
  • Options
    I've changed my name by deed poll to "Ascis Super Six".......honest!
  • Options
    KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Andrea B wrote (see)
    But not you forum name? image
  • Options

I think we've all done quite well to stand out from the crowd, hats, bags of chocolate and chocolate flavoured beer, name changes etc.  do you think we need to mention running on this thread?

I ran last night

• Options
    Running ??  Sorry thought this was a swinging site !! LOL
  • Options
    Oh I swung as well, though had to let go when my arms got tired.  Probably ran too far!
  • Options
    Keir wrote (see)
    Andrea B wrote (see)
    But not you forum name? image

Well that would be too confusing wouldn't it..........you'd all think i was an "insider"!!! imageimage

I've been running too....last night....went out, ran 1.5 miles, fell over, ripped my brand spanking new winter tights, got angry, ran home swearing I was never running again and all seemed a lot better after a cup of tea, a hot bath and the decision to invest in a brighter head torch!!!

Going to go again tonight and try not to fall over!!!  I've got my very last race of hte year next weekend and it's the one that i'm determined to PB in image

• Options
    Where have you all gone, you can't all be out on runs or sleeping off shifts, you've had phone calls and are prepping your gear aren't you, hats and chocolate packed, french phrase book in back pocket, come on own upimage
  • Options
    I am here!!
    I have had my run (12 miles) and back showered infront of the fire waiting for the phone to ring or the snow to start  image                       ... still waiting!! image 
  • Options
    sorry cant talk ( or type)  now waiting for phone to ring LMAO
  • Options

I'm having to do some proper work today instead of just managing so little time to get on t'internet image 

Andrea did you rip your knee as well as your tights?  I tripped over a kerbstone in a carpark last winter and did both. 

• Options
    KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Sounds like you could do with some new kit given to you Andrea! image

• Options

I am sort of here,  my full is getting in the way !!

• Options

Little Minx, now that is a mention of running for a Thursday morning.

Back showered infront might throw those Asics peeps though!image

• Options

I am sort of here,  my full time job is getting in the way !!   

Sorry but my Boss keeps asking what he is paying me for .   LOL

• Options
    lol yeah was meant to be a rest day!! I must be excited about something???
  • Options
    Funny Hat, alt tab can hide so many sins.  I assume you are at sat at an office desk, you could equally be shovelling snow in Newcastle in which case my tip is absolutely useless!
  • Options

image  It's no good, its clearly time to out myself! I've lurked long enough, beavering away on my computer at work slightly psychotically sneaking secret squirrel glances at this thread to see if everyone other than me has had THE call!!

The trouble is as I get ever more manic in my work to forum hopping i'm getting myself well and truly confuddled!! I've just caught myself completing a V Important email to a VIP Bigwig work contact in this 'ere forum post box and then wondering where the "send" button had gone; I took this as a convincing omen that I should break my silence and join in the paranoid ramblings, after all i was already sat here in my daft hat, drinking chocolate beer, humming chariots of fire and filling in the online deed-poll application form in french ("Marianne Le Marathon" is currently favourite)
  • Options
    Well done RR, you've passed the sanity test with flying colours.
  • Options
    Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)

Andrea did you rip your knee as well as your tights?  I tripped over a kerbstone in a carpark last winter and did both. 

Oh yes, slightly larger hole in knee than in tights (never could work out how that can happen???) Hurts like mad today but it's merely a flesh wound and will in no way hamper my running!!! One of these days something will happen and i'll be out there running round on crutches still proclaiming that it's nothing to worry about!!!

Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)

I'm having to do some proper work today instead of just managing so little time to get on t'internet image 

Keir wrote (see)

Sounds like you could do with some new kit given to you Andrea! image

I would love some new kit Keir,  I was really pleased with my new tights and now they're totally unique.....sort of "with added bits of cotton on the knee and bits of flesh if you look reallly closely"  image

• Options
    RR - sounds like your in, a perfect fit !!
  • Options
    JF5 - thanks for teaching me a new trick.  I'd never come across Alt Tab before, just been quickly clicking at the bottom of the screen if one of my staff suddenly appear!
  • Options
    OOhhhh and me JF5, that's great.....I had a mad clicking session earlier trying to get rid of everything running related on my screen............unfortunately there was nothing of any other content to look at!¬  Will have to remember to keep outlook or word open all the time and use this new fangled Alt Tab!!!!
  • Options

Yes its a handy little tip, actually quite useful for some work tasks as well! 

Phones are so quiet todayimage

• Options
    looks like resigning to the fact im not going to get the call image i cant imagine they would leave all the calls till friday
  • Options

A deadline is a deadline so there is hope yet.  I remain pessimistically optimisticimage

• Options
    John Ford 5 wrote (see)

A deadline is a deadline so there is hope yet.  I remain pessimistically optimisticimage

JF5  you are very right, always tomorrow. An optimist is the only way to be! Hopefully they call when I am half way through another 12 miles and not when I am snoozing by the fire image

• Options

I am sure those at RW have a plan, its a three step plan

1. Pick boot campers by Monday AM

2. Spend next 4 days laughing at us as we try and work out whats going on

3. Make calls Friday morning, get to pub for lunch @ 1PM

Expect call in the morning.

• Options

Wahooo........................

nearly time to go home image

• Options
    Funny Hat wrote (see)

I am sure those at RW have a plan, its a three step plan

1. Pick boot campers by Monday AM

2. Spend next 4 days laughing at us as we try and work out whats going on

3. Make calls Friday morning, get to pub for lunch @ 1PM

Expect call in the morning.

one way or another we will all be in the pub Friday lunchtime then!!