Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

Comments

• I work in a call centre, they could have asked me to "sort out" the calls, I would have made sure enough calls were made! image
  • Ok well I am back from my run now, toasting by the fire, eating a vegemite sandwich ... now would be a great time to call image
  • John Ford 5 wrote (see)
    Actually I'll say a bit more, nobody but you, me or Keir has commented since 9.54

Some of us have to keep the coutnry running you know image

If you've got weather like I have LM it's a beautiful day for a run

• ooh dear about to board a flight so obviously obligatory phones off - although I did contemplate breaking international aviation rules for a brief second! Guess I'll have to pick my message up when I get off the other end ;good luck everyone! Alice...if you could post when the calls are complete and put the rest of us out of our misery that would be great!
  • I'm just about to go into my review with my boss...take my mobile and pretend it's an important  customer in the off-chance they'll call?

• Actually I'll say a bit more, nobody but you, me or Keir has commented since 9.54

it's because we are all glued to the phones now ...

• Cant understand why they havent phone me yet surely i would be top of there list! LMAO

• Come on fess-up, who has had the call ?

Honesty will get my vote ...   

• Its gonna be a late call if its coming my way.  I am actually looking at going at alternative arrangements for the 4th December now, which will not need any running, possibly a few quick moves to hit a space at the bar and some good banter with a whole load of guys I used to be in the Forces with.

I can still change my plans though RW/Asicsimage

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Tick, tock, tick, tock. No call. image
  • I don't think I will be getting the call now..... boooooo boooooo

I will however keep the phone on just in case.

• Could the end of the week be Sunday? Or am I looking just looking for excuses as to why I have not received a call yet.......

Not dissaopointed that no one has had a cal yet because my phone packed up this morning and has only been working again for the last hour.

• Na, we've all had us chips now, I reckon. Oh well, there's always next year. It would be interesting, as a post mortem, to find out what made them choose certain people. I should think, as it's a running forum, that there were a huge number of people that put forward a compelling case for being chosen.
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Yep, I reckon the phone calls would have been made on Wednesday or Thursday, giving the chosen few a chance to change their mind, therefore allowing today for 'extra' phone calls.

I agree, it would be interesting to know what what ticked the boxes.  I'm ordinary, with a goal and a realistic target but I suppose that doesn't sound very exciting in 100 words! 

• so it seems my dream is over . Truly gutted image
  • I'm going to start writing my 100 words for next year's competition now.  But it would be good to get some forum feedback.  Once we know the 6 we will all be able to make up our minds on how well they fitted the profile

Six highly enthusiastic runners (of all abilities) 

Motivation and the desire to succeed are more important than your previous race times

You'll already be a registered member of runnersworld.co.uk and you'll feel at home chatting on our forums, whether you're analysing a recent session with your mentor, discussing what you ate for breakfast with a nutritionist or simply chewing the fat with other runners.

But what in their 100 word write up ticked the final box to get a call?  Perhaps they are all English teachers or novelists.  Hmm perhaps I need to write a bookimage

• 1 word ........ gutted .

My dream,  like yours is over.  We will all have to wait and see who were the chosen few .

It must be hard to pick 50 runners out of 2000 + applications, with so many compelling cases as to why they should pick you or me !

We are lucky that we are able to run, so it aint all bad.

Keep on running ....

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Last year my hundred words was actually 102 and I was sure that was why I hadn't been chosen.  This year I made sure it was 100!
  • Think positive, stll not the end of the day yet image
  • With you there Funny Hat, not getting in is disappointing but it doesn't stop you running and enjoying a year of training and races, time to write a book of course, and try again next year.

I'm happy with thatimage

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I'm doing London anyway and, to be honest, I'm quite relieved.  I mean who wants an all expenses paid trip to Paris.....
  • Yeah Minni. I didn't want to waste the £9.98 I've just spent on my new P&D book too so it's probably a good thing image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Yeah, me too.  That book is serious.  I'm sure the SuperSix coaches would just be quoting from it anyway.  Phew, lucky escape if you ask me.
  • I notice a newbie has posted that they are going to Birmingham.............I thought they were sworn to secrecy until the list was publishedimage

I thought that I would not be chosen as I had questiuoned if the coaches were up to the complicated job of coaching me in my 100 wordsimage

• Ultra Sparkly Bridget wrote (see)

If you've got weather like I have LM it's a beautiful day for a run

Bridget, the weather this morning, and infact the whole week has been just divine for running, freezing cold, blue skies and the sun just sneaking through and warming you up image

Funny Hat - Was so looking forward to celebrating tonight image BUT ... there is always parkrun tomorrow!!! image Wonder if I will fall over in the ice image

• joddlyjoddly ✭✭✭
    OK girls and boys, pens down now.

For those who haven't had a call, the "forum scrutiny" phase is absolutely hideous, so you've had a lucky escape. But sorry to those who are disappointed.
  • seren nos wrote (see)

I notice a newbie has posted that they are going to Birmingham.............I thought they were sworn to secrecy until the list was publishedimage

I thought that I would not be chosen as I had questiuoned if the coaches were up to the complicated job of coaching me in my 100 wordsimage

Where was the post ??

• seren nos wrote (see)

I notice a newbie has posted that they are going to Birmingham.............I thought they were sworn to secrecy until the list was publishedimage

I think it was that post that disappeared early in the day from Mustkeeptrying