Barefoot Running - Expert Advice

Hi

I'm currently writing what will hopefully be a university-level dissertation on the potential advantages and drawbacks of barefoot running and running with minimalistic shoes (such as Vibram Fivefingers). Specifically, I am researching into the efficiency and safety (injury-prevention) of barefoot running.

So, I would love some of your opinions or any resources/websites you may think may be useful to me.

I hate to sound elitist, but at the moment I really only need information from anyone who works in the running, health or science industries. It's not that I don't value others' opinions - when I want to find the opinions of normal athletes I will look through the other threads on barefoot running. (Having said this, if you have researched the science behind barefoot running and feel you could help me (but do not work in one of the above industry), I would love to hear from you.)

And I apologise to anyone if they have already posted on other threads, but there are thousands of them and I thought this may be an quicker way for me to gather information, if you wouldn't mind posting them again.

Many thanks

Thomas Claessens

Comments