LLandudno 10 2011

Great to see this event back . One of my favourite races . Has been talked about on Snowdonia thread and got literature in Conwy half marathon pack . Date in May seems very close to Chester half , so might have to make a decision on which event to run .

Comments

• Did this one regularly and would love to take part again.
  • Wonder if the entry fee will have increased by a factor of ten in the last few years Alan?
  • £22   ...  good value for money .
  • 22nd of May by the way . Week after Chester half marathon .
  • £22   ...  good value for money 

Do you really think £22 is good value for a road race?

This isn't run by North Wales Road Runners anymore is it?

• Just looked on the website, and the entry fee is £14 with a £1.75 service fee.

Great price!

https://secure.onreg.com/onreg2/front/step2.php?sessionname=83fa4e39c9844945c53f6d5990ed6bf2

• This used to be one of my favourite races,we used to take a coach load from Liverpool rc and make a full day out of it.Unfortunately is clashes with Edinburgh marathon for me but i`ll certainlt be there next year
  • Pity you cant be there Jakesy but good luck in Edinburgh .

Checked price on web site http://www.llandudno10.co.uk  and you're right on the price pug runner . The leaflet I had states £22 , so good news .

• And now the bad news ........ entered and it cost me over £25 .  I knew I couldn't trust the welsh image

• Gutted Kevin 10k!

I'm waiting to see if I can get a place in the Chester Half, if not going to enter this.

Im over in Liverpool so will be a nice day out afterwards too.

• It's 10 miles not 10 k,my home town so looking forward to going back..very flat course
  • No, I was talking to 'Kevin 10k' - thats his name.image
  • Maybe I should be Kevin 10 mile image  And as I remember it , its not that flat , but i'll take your word for it . Guess its all relative . 
  • It's the first time it's been run - different event to what you remember I think, doesnt go anywhere near the Orme, if that's the race you recall ? round and round the streets and promenade of the town.
  • First ran this race In 1985 I wonder its still the same route?
  • I am looking forward to this one, there are eight of us from the club going over, might even take the wife & kids and make a day of it image
  • Ran yesterdays new Llandudno 10 mile race and was surprised at how quick the new course is compared to the old one.

I only wish i had the legs to do such a fast course justice but i will certainly be doing it next year and the medal was really nice .

A tee shirt, medal and a well organised event left me feeling well pleased and boy was it great value for money. 

• Did this yesterday.

Good points: Great marshalls, good pre race registration venue, well organized.

Not so good: The course was so repetitive, continually looping the prom and town centre. Tee shirt sizes all Medium.

Glad I did it and thanks to all organizers, but didn't enjoy it as much as Stockport 10.

• John BachJohn Bach ✭✭✭

I also thought it was very well organised - great pre race venue, with plenty of toilet facilities (no sites of blokes pee'ing behing bushes, against walls etc)

It was a shame about the delay, but, to be fair, that was outside the control of the organisers (and the wind was pretty extreme even by Llandudno's standards). I actually thought the course was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Hopefully this race will go from strength and become a most do/10 mile PB event again (whe it ain't as windy) - it certainly deserves to

• I ran this rather windy race yesterday and  enjoyed it!! I thought the course was great, it was good for the runners to see the other runners, and great for the spectators who got to see their friends/family quite a few times other than just at the start and finish. I'm glad the medal/t shirt and goody bag were good value. I didn't get to see mine as my 5year old daughter had swiped it from my grasp whilst i was gratefully gasping in the sea air at the finish!! Definately one for next year.

• Really love running in LLandudno and this race was no different . Loved the old course but this one bettered it .  Loved running past all the crowds in the town and along the prom . The wind was horrendous running from one shore to the other and it definitely slowed me down a bit , but it is a fast course . Good luck for future races and welcome back . 
  • I am really pleased everyone enjoyed the new Llandudno 10.

I was up at three that morning setting up the course with event director Chris Yorke.

The winning time of just over 51min was superb considering the weather was hardly ideal and a sprint finish at the end seeing the eventual winner taking the first prize by just 1sec.

I ran the course that evening and its a real tester if your not fully fit being pretty  flat for the first 8.6miles.

With only the Church Walks (Nick Beer 10k) part of the course to slow you down this is one of the quickest 10milers around with twenty five competitors two of them female breaking the hour and by the looks of those who took part everone enjoyed it.

With such positive feedback you can guarantee this race will become just as successfull as the old race. 

• Superbly organised throughout.

Really enjoyed this race, although the elements slowed me down a bit, but that just added to the challenge.

Will definately be doing this agin next year.

I t was good to see the front runners go past and then realise when you got the point you'd passed them just how far in front they were!! unbelievable these guys, great to see and be in the same race.

Fantastic, brilliant PETER JOHN LEWIS well done!

p.s. how do oyu rate this race on here?

• I am pleased to see this event get such good feedback, it was well organised and a good course.

I think the down hill/flat finish was brilliant and just what was needed after running through that wind!

See you all next year image

• Enjoyed. Great quality medal. Fast time potential even with yesterday's wind. Hope to be back next year and do even better in a bigger field on a nice calm day.
  • I have been involved with the new llandudno 10 race from the very start and for those who are unfamiliar with what is involved in organising an event of this size me included it has taken almost a year of continued planning.

First of all there was the emense cost but thankfully we were able to obtain sponsorship from both the Assembly Government and Welsh Athletics but it was the support given us by Conwy Council that was most important.

They realised from day one that an event of this size was good for the local economy and fully supported it.

There are so many people in the background that without their assistance the race couldnot have gone ahead and i think the work undertaken by race directors Mr John Hatton and Christopher Yorke should receive praise.

Mr Hatton is the organiser of the successfull Nick Beer 10k and realised the benefit to the community of staging the 10m race and the benefits it would bring.

I myself attended several of the council meetings and was trully surprised at the workload involved in organising a new race of this size.

Just remember why the likes of London have over three hundred permanent staff to run their marathon because running an event of any size takes commitment on a grand scale.

I will never grumble ever again about the excessive entry fees asked by event organisers because i realise the enormous cost in staging such events.

With what i saw on Sunday the Llandudno 10m race should have an excellent future and who knows if it becomes as popular as the original race it may become a serious championship event.

I am led to believe that had the original race continued it was in consideration for being included as part of the British 10m Road Championships but who knows what may be instore for the future for the new Llandudno 10.

It certainly deserves to succeed.

With so many local races disappearing due to health and safety legislation its great to see a once popular race return so you can guarantee i will be up early next year setting up the course.