Lanarkshire
Dimfriesshire
Roxburgshire
Selkirkshire
Peebleshire
Midlothian
East Lothian
Berwickshire

On the map which I can't upload but someone will hopefully post up soon.

Now obviously this is still a draft so changes will be made. but anyone who will be participating in these counties get in here!

Ready? And.... GO!

Comments

• I'd also like to request (in a friendly manner, of course!) is that we try and learn from Coaster's this year and keep the thread as active as possible.

I lost count of the number of times this year I was tearing my hair out becuase someone would contact me out of the blue and ask "right, what am I doing?". If you're keen in participating/helping keep your face known on the thread, keep contributing and KEEP IN CONTACT.

I've underlined that because communication is the most important aspect on events like this and it's best for everyone if each person knows what they're doing and when. I ended up running around a bit during Coasters and effectively organising some people's hand-over's etc when if they'd just talked on the thread etc it would never have happened. 

So let's keep talking, let's keep contributing and let's make this as memorable as Coasters 2010. 
  • To kick things off I will start looking at Aberdeenshire and Fife. Add yourself to this list with the county you'd like.

Nairnshire
    Moray
    Banffshire
    Aberdeenshire - Duck
    Kincardineshire
    Angus
    Perthshire
    Fife - Duck
    West Lothian
    Clackmannanshire
    Lanarkshire
    Dimfriesshire
    Roxburgshire
    Selkirkshire
    Peebleshire
    Midlothian
    East Lothian
    Berwickshire

• Boing!  Boing!  Boing!

Just popping in to say "Hello Duck. *Waves*  You can't get enough of this organising lark, can you?"

If I'm living in Moray some time soon, I'll help out as much as I can.  I'll keep you posted.

• It keeps dragging me back like addictive drugs image

I'll put you down as a maybe for now. You're easy enough to get a hold of image

Nairnshire
    Moray - Parklife (?)
    Banffshire
    Aberdeenshire - Duck
    Kincardineshire
    Angus
    Perthshire
    Fife - Duck
    West Lothian
    Clackmannanshire
    Lanarkshire
    Dimfriesshire
    Roxburgshire
    Selkirkshire
    Peebleshire
    Midlothian
    East Lothian
    Berwickshire 

• Hi Parky,

are you on for organising the Moray leg, or just participating?

Ducky, thanks for organising the two forums, but is it best to split Scotland East and West, rather than North and South? (a bit late for me to ask, I know!).  I say this because of the proposed route on the map : An east and west split looks as if it will involve 4 or 5 co-ordinations between the splits, as opposed to one (around Ben Nevis) if it goes S to N.

As you say, let's learn from CAB.

And this appears to be an even harder challenge!

N.

• That's a point Nick, but a N/S divide would mean the Southern lot would have far more counties due to the boarder ones being quite small and plentiful. As it is right now, there's a reasonable balance.

You're right in that there will be a few handovers to the two threads but as long as folks talk then it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Hopefully.

• great to see our Parky & Nick on threadimage

You Scots will do it I know. You were all brill and in the spirit of things last time

The Duckinator wrote (see)

keep your face known on the thread, keep contributing and KEEP IN CONTACT.

I've underlined that because communication is the most important aspect on events like this and it's best for everyone if each person knows what they're doing and when. I ended up running around a bit during Coasters and effectively organising some people's hand-over's etc when if they'd just talked on the thread etc it would never have happened. 

So let's keep talking, let's keep contributing and let's make this as memorable as Coasters 2010. 

God yes!! - how many times did you and I  say it on last event? All over GB - a lot didn't appear to realise the importance of communicating. It made my job and co-ords job damned hard.

• Ok, happy to takeover from you Ducky post Aberdeenshire and do Banff, Moray and Nairn.

I'll speak to colleagues regarding the Highlands.

Nick.

• Hi Nick - I'm trying to find work in Moray or surrounding area with a view to moving up in the not too distant future, so just a participant at the moment and don't have enough local knowledge yet.

Got a job in Inverness to apply for, deadline Friday.  Hope things are good with you and that you're getting out to run in the snow!

• Added with "the maybe" flag.  Would like to be in it, but I can't give a guarantee right now that I will be in it.

Nairnshire
    Moray - Parklife (?)
    Banffshire
    Aberdeenshire - Duck
    Kincardineshire
    Angus
    Perthshire
    Fife - Duck
    West Lothian
    Clackmannanshire
    Lanarkshire
    Dimfriesshire
    Roxburgshire
    Selkirkshire
    Peebleshire
    Midlothian - catsfather (?)
    East Lothian
    Berwickshire 

• i'd be happy to help out with Kincardineshire and Angus.
  •  Good stuff Longbow image

Nairnshire
    Moray - Parklife (?)
    Banffshire
    Aberdeenshire - Duck
    Kincardineshire - longbow
    Angus - lonwbow
    Perthshire
    Fife - Duck
    West Lothian
    Clackmannanshire
    Lanarkshire
    Dimfriesshire
    Roxburgshire
    Selkirkshire
    Peebleshire
    East Lothian
    Berwickshire 

• How's it going up there? You had a thaw yet? The main thread is back on track with the following sort of plan

What; Collaborative challenge in Coasters spirit to run from Land End to John O Groats via historic county tops carrying a cute little baton called Barry

When: Starting some time in 2011 or when the first zone (Zone G) have got themselves sorted out. Finishing when all the zones have done their bit and Barry has reached JOG

How: On foot, running mostly apart from the steep bits, resting when needed e.g. overnight, for ice cream stops, photo opportunities etc

Why: to see if we can

So far only 2 of us doing the South West but we're working on it so no urgency for you guys yet.....

• Debs/Ducky,

the What/When/How/Why stuff is useful. If that's all now 'official' ; then we need to somehow highlight and hang on to it as our Scottish Forum(s) develops.

Btw Ducky, when doing a next plan update, put me down for the first three shires. i.e. I'll take responsibility for Barry from you and pass on to Cairngorm Steve.

Cheers,

Nick.

• great to have you pop on now Nickimage Teething troubles are behind us and we are communicating againimage It is up to all to make it happen now.
  • Hi Nick

I reckon it's official if you want to be ....... just my doodlings really......

All the best with zone B

• Hi there. Definitely want to be involved again this year.

Nairnshire
    Moray - Parklife (?)
    Banffshire
    Aberdeenshire - Duck
    Kincardineshire
    Angus
    Perthshire - Victoria
    Fife - Duck
    West Lothian
    Clackmannanshire
    Lanarkshire
    Dimfriesshire
    Roxburgshire
    Selkirkshire
    Peebleshire
    East Lothian
    Berwickshire

I have come in a bit late. Just wondering what the ideas so far are such as will it be 24 hr or same as it was done round the coast?