Sub 3h15

Ok, let's all join this thread then shall we?

It seems that the "sub 3h15 - 2009" thread is now out-dated so why don't we all de-camp over to this one? The 16 week programmes for VLM 2011 start in a couple of weeks so let's see if we can get this thread to be the "official" sub 3h15 thread

Tagged:

Comments

• Ooh, it's not furnished very nicely is it? I'm going back to the other one image

• I'm sure we can give this place the "lived in" look easily and quickly enough.

Any lurkers from the old thread, please feel free to say hi on this one. We're a (fairly) friendly lot on here

• Matchstick Man wrote (see)

I'm sure we can give this place the "lived in" look easily and quickly enough.

Yeah, you're right. I've already messed it up a bit with an 'Edit'!
  • SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭

And quality prose only please image

• Indeed SBD.

Anyway, I'd love to stay and help hang the curtains but I've got a date with a very cold 10 miles home from work. See ya!

• I'm here - love what you've done with the place.

How appropriate that my 16 week 70mpw P&D for Brighton starts today as well.

8miles with 10x100 strides coming up in the cold and fog across London.

Winter training. Love it.

• I've made the jump. Who's responsible for checking everyones made it?  Excellent and extensive info MM as always. No pressure Steve just remember the slow runs slow etc.

Managed to get out for 4 miles slow last night but too dodgy on the roads down here today again so back on to my new friend the treadie. 10 miles at 6:54 avg.

• Just pitching up after being offline for a couple of days to find tumbleweed blowing across the other thread, don't worry I collected RJ's copy of Razzle, a rare limited edition of the Chuckle Brother's greatest moments and a whippet and flat cap abandoned by the northern department......

Some good LSR's and dreadmill efforts to note, although not much to report here, apart from some chugging.

Did get out for a 6m 'reverse fartlek' today, slow running interspersed with slower shuffles over the compacted ice.

Anybody remember the kettle?

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Hello everybody! It's a bit minimalist here isn't it? Can we try to embellish it with some clutter <chucks stuff relating to kids around with the odd embarrassing thing relating to post-pregnant bodies and running image >

An hour of bootcamp and a 7M aerobic (I think?) run averaging 8min/mile so far this week.

Fraser - re your comment on the other thread re your orthotics, I am slightly concerned about having to wear them in all my shoes and not quite sure how they would fit in the high heels? How do you manage yours?!
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    MM - your posts today were a good read, sounds like you have picked up a lot of knowledge over the campaigns. Got to say that your hoping to hit 55M for this week made me smile though, thats more than you did during marathon training.........it's only a matter of time......... 
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    nice to see KK
  • Ahhh - here you all are. My journey in my time travelling transporter podule was successful afterall. Is it safe to remove my space suit and breathing apparatus yet ?

MsE- I know some orthotists suggest just wearing them in running shoes. I think my feet were so unstable and wobbly I needed to go for a total switch over. I suspect the look wouldn't be great in six inch stilettos though....

Ho hum. Just done another tedious 2 hours on the treadmill. My tour of the leisure centres of Lothian continues. Five and a half hours on the darned things over the last 3 days - yawn. Mind you I did get to watch some quality day time telly

Should we put some sort of official "we've moved - back in 6 months" type announcement on the old thread....MM can do it as unoffical thread captain

• SBD.SBD. ✭✭✭

That's dedication to the treadmill Fraser.

Fingers - presumbly you mean 17-week schedule and what happened to week 18?  Hope you enjoyed the stridesimage

Treadmill tempo for me.  4K w/u, 5K @ 4:10 m/km, 4K w/d.  Didn't feel too bad and at least the pace stayed constant during the tempo bitimage  Not as much HR drift as I'd expected either, starting at 173 and rising to 181.  Any views on how your HR would compare with running the same session outside?

• SBD - I think the HR on the mill starts higher and I find the drift a bit more pronounced. It's just so frickin hot and sweaty. I'm only dedicated to it cos going outside here just now is a total no go ! I haven't done anything that quick on it - your llegs must have been flying and spitting sparks - no doubt the chicks were in awe image
  • Can I have this bed <bounces on boingy one furthest from the door whilst scattering slightly grubby pants and running shorts on the floor>.

And has anyone seen my whippet? The bugger was right behind me when I left...
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Sorry I'm a little late in getting over. Spent ages with the removal men getting this relocated:

07.11.10 - SteveC1975 - Regents Park 10K - Around 40 Mins - 40:14 - job done
    21.11.10 - AfE - Abbey Dash 10k - sub-39 as a marker/indicator - 38:22 - job done
    21.11.10 - BOTF - Brighton 10k - under 40:30 - 40:02 - job done
    05.12.10 - GE - Regents Park 10k - sub 38:30
    05.12.10 - SteveC1975 - Regents Park 10K - Sub 40 Mins
    23.01.11- Barry B Gloucester Marathon - Sub 3:15
    23.01.11 - AfE - Brass Monkey Half - sub-1:25
    05.02.11 - Lorenzo - Thames Trot 50 - Sub 8 hours
    13.02.11 - Matchstick Man - Wokingham HM - 1h23m
    13.02.11 - SBD - Wokingham HM - 1:24
    13.02.11 - BOTF - Wokingham HM - 1:25, but seeing the two entries above...?
    20.02.11 - BOTF - Bramley 20 - sub 2:25
    06.03.11 - Scooby - Marathon Catalunya - 3:09:59
    06.03.11 - MsE - Bath HM - Sub 1.30
    06.03.11 - Joolska - Bath HM - tbc...
    13.03.11 - Knight RIder - Retford Half Marathon - 1:26.xx
    13.03.11 - SBD - MIlton Keynes - 1:24
    19.03.11 - Badbark - Larne Half Marathon - Sub 1:30
    19.03.11 - Speedy - Stafford HM  - 1.31.59
    20.03.11 - FINgers - Reading Half Marathon - Sub 1:26
    20.03.11 - Ormeski - Reading Half Marathon - Sub 1:25
    20:03.11 - BOTF - Reading HM - 1:25
    20.03.11 - SteveC1975 - Brentwood Half Marathon - Sub 1:28
    27.03.11 - Keir - Paddock Wood HM - Sub 1:25
    10.04.11 - FW - Chris Hoy HM Edinburgh - Sub 1:20
    10.04.11 - FINgers - Brighton Marathon - 3:09:59
    10.04.11 - Knight Rider - Brighton Marathon - Sub 3.15
    10.04.11 - B&B vs MM in the Regency 10k Smackdown! - Sub39.
    17.04.11 - SBD - VLM  - 2:49
    17:04.11 - Ant - VLM - 2:54:59
    17.04.11 - Joolska - VLM - 2.59.59
    17:04:11 - AfE - VLM - 2:59:59
    17.04.11 - Lorenzo - VLM - sub 3:10
    17:04:11 - BOTF - VLM - 3:10 ish
    17:04:11 - MsE - - VLM  - 3.14.59
    17.04.11 - Speedy - VLM  - 3.14.59
    17.04.11 - SteveC1975 - VLM  - 3.14.59
    17.04.11 - Ormeski - VLM  - sub 3.15
    17.04.11 - Race Jase - VLM - not sure on target just yet, but hopefully I'll be in PB (sub2:39) shape.
    01.05.11 - Gul Darr - GEAR 10k - sub 42
    08.05.11 - Keir - Essex & Halstead Marathon - Sub 3.15
    22.05.11 - B&B - Edinburgh Marathon - 3:09:59
    18.06.11 - Lorenzo - Picnic - sub 4:45

Feel free to add your A goal targets KK and anyone else! image

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Oh, we should also probably make it clear that (ahem) gay blokes are very welcome too. Speaking as one, allegedly.

Fraser - I love it. "Orthotists", does that rival AC's flock of horses image (I think the chap I am seeing is a podiatrist!)

Can I be controversial and just say that I am slightly envious of all this treadmill running? It does have the distinct advantage of making sure your cadence is right where you want it to be and you can focus on your form better without the added distraction of uneven ground surfaces which is a huge benefit if you are trying to improve your running economy (and there = faster time).

Andy - the whippet is tearing RJ's copy of Razzle apart over there...
  • A brief treadmill run confirmed that my arthritic knee is still completely knackered, and so I had to stop just shy of two and a half miles (and even that included walking breaks every few minutes).

Then I returned home to find my outer porch door had frozen solid and the handle wouldn't budge, leaving me locked out.  What I needed was a jug of hot water to pour over it.  Sadly, I didn't happen to have any hot water with me.  But I did have a full bladder.

I'm not sure which was more degrading.  Failing to complete a two and a half mile run, or standing outside my house, pissing up my own front door.

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    The Accidental Runner wrote (see)

I'm not sure which was more degrading.  Failing to complete a two and a half mile run, or standing outside my house, pissing up my own front door.

Standard Saturday night stuff for students, Isn't that right B&B? image
  •  TAR - the true long-distance runner has focus, resourcefulness, & plans B,C & D - so take a bow. image In the surprisingly non-ironic Mel Gibson Vietnam flick "We Were Soldiers" someone uses the same method to cool down a mortar which is in danger of melting. Our front door froze shut yesterday so we climbed out through a window, never considered your solution (& didn't risk arrest for indecent exposure).

Miles today - 0 (CNBA). Christmas cakes baked - 2. image

• Keir wrote (see)
    The Accidental Runner wrote (see)

Standard Saturday night stuff for students, Isn't that right B&B? image

Only if I'm too crapulent to make it to your door image For the newcomers, I'm not a student. Even if I live like one.

Tragedy and hilarity going hand in hand for you TAR. Sorry to hear about your problems.

Great running from a number of people, particularly BarryB with his near HM tempo run and Fraser on the mill. Aren't you forced to pay for an induction at each of the mills on your tour?

Poacher - You've baked your cake a little early for the TT, haven't you?

MsE - I thought RJ was the whippet?

7.5 miles for me tonight and, when I struggled to put one foot in front of the other, I realised my suspicions were correct...I'm ill. Pants. Oh well, it's a cutback week anyway so it won't do too much harm.

• Aw, you've all broken the thread in for me. Bless you all. Mine's a coffee thanks.

TAR, between us we beat the story lines on Corrie.

More dreadmill action here tonight, 5 miles with the middle 3 at MP to get it over with quicker. Sadly I need 8 easy tomorrow. Yawn.
  • Hey - love the new place! Miles classier than that old dump. And nobody says "yay" or "LOL" here, either, thankfully.

I was a few days without inyernet, and haven't had a chance to read back yet, but thanks to all your suggestions for training- I will be getting P&D for Christmas, whether from myself or somebody else...

I was terrified of doing it, but today I finally did some more speedwork. I did 3 x 2km off 3-min recoveries within a 10-miler. The thing almost finished me off, and I could only manage the kms at av 4.01 overall---a long way to go, but I'm sure next week's session will be better.

• Sorry I'm late - bl**dy removals men took ages to pack up from the old place and then there was all sorts of traffic getting over here.

Has anyone met any of the neighbours yet?

• Like the wallpaper in here, and a good view too.

Good to see a new neighbour in here as well (KK), I think we've used the same vet from Bromley?

Read your whole page with interst from the old thread MM. You've certainly been on one hell of a journey over the past few years. Cheers for passing on your experiences.

FINgers wrote (see)

How appropriate that my 16 week 70mpw P&D for Brighton starts today as well.

8miles with 10x100 strides coming up in the cold and fog across London.

Winter training. Love it.

Hi Fingers - like you I'm just easing into Brighton training. 8 miles down the club tonight in 59.07 with the last 3 miles touching cloth with 7.00 mm.

TAR - Pointing Percy at the Porch - a real stroke of genius!
  •         hello all...lurked on the old thread,off and on the last week...mainly to compere training plans, so hope you dont mind if i join your wise and experienced new home...am new to this forum stuff, so hope you all  understand if i make mistakes...image