Formidable Six - le sub 3.15 Paris

Mon Dieu what eez happening? image

My name is Colin (Knight Rider) and I've been on the forum for a few years actively taking part in discussions, giving advice where I can and trying to inject a bit of humour here and there.

I'm really excited about the opportunity of being part of the Super Six for 2011 in Paris.

Now for a bit of background: I have been a serious Club runner for the past 8 years and enjoy competing for my Club whenever I can. After nearly 20 half marathons I finally stepped up to the marathon this year in London and finished in a respectable 3.22.10. I was pleased with this time for my first attempt but also disappointed at not getting near the 3.15 mark I knew I could. With a Half marathon PB of 1.25.26 in 2009 I know a sub 3.15 is a realistic goal for me with the right kind of training and coaching. In the lead up to London I also managed a 1.26.10 half marathon in early March and hoped I could achieve my marathon  goal. Not sure if I overtrained near the end or whether my nutrion or endurance played a part, but I'd like the chance to be able have a professional input into my training.

Having Steve (in his 35th year of marathon training) or Bud (20 years experience of coaching) as a mentor and coach would be an immense opportunity for me and one that I hope I can translate into a sub 3.15 marathon time in Paris.

I have got a few good ideas (don't want to give anything away just yet) to add to the forum if I get picked so I hope it would be an enjoyable experience for both myself and others too and I hope to see you on the journey for a Spring sub 3.15 marathon.

Thanks for reading this thread and don't forget to to vote for Knight Rider!

Bon Soir

Comments