The long road to Paris: Super six - sub 3 hour

Thought i'd get my plea in there early, below is a bit more about my background and why i so badly want to win the competition! Please msg me if you want to know more about me and my motivation for wanting to win etc.

For me running provides a positive focus in my life. I’ve always been a really competitive person and have found running the perfect event to bring that out. I’ve played both football and tennis at a reasonable level but with running what appeals to me is the fact that there are no excuses and no other people to blame.

It would be fair to say I love sport, whether it be watching, coaching or playing. I’ve always been really competitive and am highly driven when it comes to my personal fitness. I got into running 3 years ago with the ambition of completing a sub 3 hour marathon. Last month I achieved a PB of 3hr 6min and realised this ambition was in sight. Hopefully through your votes and this competition I'll achieve that 3 hour marathon i've been craving!

A few more interesting facts:

Favirote Quote -

“The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasm, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat” 

- Theodore Roosevelt

Proudest achievement in running - Running the last 10k of london in 41 mins to achieve may target time of sub 3:30

Favirote food - Pigs in blankets

Sporting hero - James cracknell

Comments