Asics GT 2140 vs GT 2150

Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the two models of shoe. I have had the GT 2140 and loved them but have seen a special offer on the 2150 but cannot find any comparisons between the two.

Thanks

Comments

• The 2140 is the predecessor to the 2150, I think it stopped being made in about 2008 and I doubt you will be able to buy it for much longer Hirsty.  I'm unsure of the differences but I have worn the Asics 2000 series since the 2100 and never had a problem with any.  That isn't to say you won't though!  I used to wear the NB854 but stopped after they updated it - it just didn't feel right anymore.  I tried the Asics Kayano when it came out but didn't feel the extra cost justified the extra features and returned to the 2150.

• I don't know, never had the 2140, but have got the 2150 and its my fav trainer (I am sure that Tigerlily is correct about them being the updated version).

Have loads of trainers which I use, but  I always tend to wear these for my longer runs as feel they give me more stability.

• I like the 2150 as well Kaks - I've been an Asics girl for many years now and have worn them all from 2100 - 2500.  It always makes me wibble when they update them though...... luckily the new versions haven't given me a problem yet.  Awaiting the 2160 with baited breath!
  • I have the 2150, and had the 2130, 2110 and 2090 before them. I haven't tried the 2140, but there's a massive difference between the 2130 and the 2150, which is far more sturdy and has a different shape around the ankle.

When I first moved from the 2130 to the 2150 I thought my feet would fall apart, but now I really like them.
  • I use the 2150 and I like them so much!!!  Best running shoes I've ever had!
  • Thnks for the advice, I shall take the plunge
  • Anyone using the 2160 yet ? I'm currently running down my 2140's & purchased the 2160's as this seemed the logical step (I'd read some bad reivews of the 2150's).

• Hi

I'm using the 2160s. seem lighter than the 2150 but they're very new and I've only done a couple of recovery runs after my last race.  But so far so good

• i think that the 2150 a very good running shoes, i always had a lot of fun running them and no injuries at all image!
  • I managed to get my hands on a pair of 2140's about a month ago from the startfitness website. I read a few reviews on the 2150's causing blisters and didn't fancy taking the risk with them. There might still be a few pairs out there somewhere if you search. Good luck.
  • i always had the 21 series but i have found the new 2150 are alot higher on the arch than all the previous asics in this line . i have had to swap them back for some 2140 i found on the web . i have heard the 2160 are back to lower arch as the older modals
  • Recently got a pair of 2160's and so far they feel pretty nice, with good cushioning too. Started with the 2080's and have had at least one pair of each model since. I had a pair of wide fit 2150 last time round and they were also a good fit. Basically, if you get one with the 2140's and 50's you shouldn't have a problem!