Inverness-shire
Argyll
Dumbartonshire
Stirlingshire
Renfrewshire
Ayrshire
Wintonshire
Kirkcudbrightshire

On the map which I can't upload for various reasons but will be posted soon.

Now obviously this is still a draft so changes will be made. but anyone who will be participating in these counties get in here!

Ready? And.... GO!

Comments

• I'd also like to request (in a friendly manner, of course!) is that we try and learn from Coaster's this year and keep the thread as active as possible.

I lost count of the number of times this year I was tearing my hair out becuase someone would contact me out of the blue and ask "right, what am I doing?". If you're keen in participating/helping keep your face known on the thread, keep contributing and KEEP IN CONTACT.

I've underlined that because communication is the most important aspect on events like this and it's best for everyone if each person knows what they're doing and when. I ended up running around a bit during Coasters and effectively organising some people's hand-over's etc when if they'd just talked on the thread etc it would never have happened. 

So let's keep talking, let's keep contributing and let's make this as memorable as Coasters 2010. 

• image  - great message Ducky and good luck with it all. Please ask for help if need beimage Borrow Blakey if things get sticky.
  • Ducky,

since it looks as if I'll be handing back over to Zone A from Moray and Nairn for the final stretch, I'll liaise with Inverness-shire and also try and find responsible folk up to JoG.

Put down 'Cairngorm Steve' against Inverness-shire.

Cheers,

Nick. 

• Caithness
    Sutherland
    Ross & Cromarty
    Inverness-shire - Cairngorm Steve
    Argyll
    Dumbartonshire
    Stirlingshire
    Renfrewshire
    Ayrshire
    Wintonshire
    Kirkcudbrightshire
  • Keeping the thread alive....

What; Collaborative challenge in Coasters spirit to run from Land End to John O Groats via historic county tops carrying a cute little baton called Barry

When: Starting some time in 2011 or when the first zone (Zone G) have got themselves sorted out. Finishing when all the zones have done their bit and Barry has reached JOG

How: On foot, running mostly apart from the steep bits, resting when needed e.g. overnight, for ice cream stops, photo opportunities etc

Why: to see if we can

• very keen t0 take part after last year as I had an excellent experience with w00dy and L0A! image cl0sest t0 renfrewshire then ayrshire h0wever willin t0 c0ver any 0f this if transp0rt all0ws as I d0 like a bit 0f r0ughing it! image
  • Sorry if I've missed a start date elsewhere, but when is it due to kick off? I'm due to be offshore from 2nd  to 23rd June and then home until 13th July. If I'm here I'd be happy to run Ross-shire and Inverness-shire.
  • Caithness
    Sutherland
    Ross & Cromarty - Annelise Glew
    Inverness-shire - Cairngorm Steve (receiving baton from Moray and Nairn)
    Argyll
    Dumbartonshire
    Stirlingshire
    Renfrewshire
    Ayrshire
    Wintonshire
    Kirkcudbrightshire
  • on one of the other threads it was suggested starting at the same time as we did last year, around 8th may. not sure which direction we are heading though. i believe it south to north so it will be a while before we see Barry.
  • tis South to North longbow. Not too sure why though. I wouldn't like you lot to do hilly bits in the dark.
  • Hi,

Sorry I am probably too late to get involved again but if possible I would love to take part this year as well. If all the legs in my area are taken I would happily go along with the runners if they don't mind. I live in John O' Groats so anywhere in the North would be good for me.