Sub 3h15

Comments

• Keir wrote (see)

I would like to say that after my last message revealing some personal details that I have been swamped with PMs. 

With come to bed blue eyes, thought you'd be more concerned with filling up other people's boxesimage.

8m for me yesterday av. 7:30mm, had to slow down in the last 3 miles to prevent a constitutional grumble turning into something catastrophic. 

Snow covering here (few inches) and been snowing like billio all morning, but I suppose nowt like OGL/Minni's backyard.

•  USB... think you need to go for a little run it will help you to relax a bit ( understandable tho) providing you have someone to answer the phone if your out!   Good luck...

10 miles for me this morning 1h 9m cold but sunny...

• Matchstick Man wrote (see)

Taken off the blurb for the Super Six

"You will need to be able to commit to following and completing the RW marathon schedule, and be ready to begin training on December 20."

So yes, I'd guess that phone calls *should* be today as if you're starting training on Monday, you'll need contact with your mentors asap!!!!!!

I'm ready to start now MM! image
    The phone goes here at work quite a bit and evertime it rings… I get very nervous.

No running last night as my wife was working late and I had birthday wrapping & work to do.

• Runnng off road in the snow is the best! Especially at night
  • KR, when are they going to put you, Jane and all of the others out of your misery? It must be unbearable. Here's hoping it's good new and soon!
  • MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    Steve - my iPhone is struggling to open the spreadsheet but, as someone who just gets out the door and runs how ever my legs will carry me whenever I can fit it in, I am feeling all inferior nonetheless with speak of references to pace in there... You are indeed a worthy Guinea Pig!
  • Awright peeps,

Snowing here in London Village again.

Just popped in to see if Super Six results were in....

Mad busy at work so not had a chance to pop by for a couple of days, and blimey this thread moves fast - I think it was at 10 pages last time I checked! Lots to read back me thinks.

Not a lot of running happening for me at the moment image Went up to Newcastle last weekend for a wedding and noticed that the cold was affecting my back tooth.... anyway short story is it got worse and worse, Tuesdays 8miles was a tough one, legs felt fine, tooth felt like it would explode in the cold. Dentist Wednesday morning, and she put a temporary filling in, but then Wednesday night I thought that I had become Dustin Hoffman and won a part in Marathon Man. I have never felt pain like it, ended up going to A&E just to get some pain killers at 2am! Back to the dentist yesterday, and duly had the tooth pulled out. Ahh, relief. So, not a lot of running as have been a bit scared of cold air recently.

Anyhow, it's much better today so might try to get the requried P&D 9 miles in tonight after work.

Got to dash... Will have a read back in a bit...

• I'm sulking.  Man 'flu again.  I've clearly got some underlying virus which isn't going away given the number of coughs and colds I'm getting; this time it's worse and has come on very quickly.  I felt fine yesterday and woke up this morning with a sore throat, muscles and joints achy all over, shivery and (if it doesn't sound too wierd) my lungs hurt.  Just about to finish my essential admin at work and take stuff home with me to hopefully work on tomorrow.  Perhaps if I go and have a snooze I will feel better...

Sorry to hear there's no news for SSX peeps.

Will have a look at the mega spreadsheet when I'm feeling a bit more compos mentis.

• knight rider wrote (see)
    Runnng off road in the snow is the best! Especially at night

Seconded!

Having said that, it's likely to be a late finish tonight (Christmas Party) so I won't be out tomorrow morning, but hopefully we'll get some fresh snow on Saturday night for Sunday morning.

Rest this morning after 7 miles off road on Thursday gave me a final total for the week of 50 miles.

• Jools - x-post. My heart goes out to you. Sounds like you need to take it easy over the weekend and get yourself well enough to enjoy the festivities and then kick off the programme in the New Year.

Take it easy!

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    FiNgers - ouch but thankfully the offending tooth is out now.

My 9 miles was yesterday and very slow it was too as my knee was troubling me. Took me 1h15m and I found my knee painful during Cardiolates today image Ooh to be youhtful again.

Jools - as a bossy mother of 4 I am prescribing you get some Vitamin C with zinc (no comments from the male component on this thread about zinc thank you) and echinacea. Works a treat. Only contraindications are not to be taken when pregnant...
  • Jools - get the pink grapefruit in and take a few days off.... Hope ur feeling better soon.
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Icey this morning so hit the dready for 45 mins. Played about at 8m/m with the elevation button (1 min intervals @ 6%, 8%, 10%.

Icey this afternoon so hit the mince pies and marking of coursework for 4hrs or so before the staff piss-up.

• Lorenzo - 50 miles by Thursday's good going.

Joolska - That's seriously bad luck. Is that nearly 6 weeks where you've not been able to get going?

MsE - Carefully does it. Hope you can get it sorted soon.

My work pub crawl tonight too. Not looking forward to it as much as I should be...looks like there'll only be 3 of us and the other 2 are a little weird. Ok, weirder.

• Results are in and me & Jane have not made it through to the Super Six in Paris.
    Well it looks like it's me & you Jane to prove em wrong - I know we can both do it.
    Let's do it together on here!

Good luck to UpsyDaisy in her quest for a Sub 3.15 in her first marathon.

• Bloody Hell! That's a strange turn-up for the books. Sorry to hear that, both of you. Nothing against Upsydaisy, but I wonder what people were basing their decisions on?

Oh well, you're in the best place here, anyway. If it's not mentioned on here it's not worth knowing.

• Hi KR! Just had the email. Oh well. I'm really sorry you did not make it. If it was not me i was hoping it would be you. But you know what, Kier was right and i'm cool with the outcome as it means i can still do the marrakesh marathon in jan which i've got a place, flights and accommodation all booked for image
    Its on my birthday. and of course we will still have our 3.15 goal in April!
    you and me buddy. i challenge you image
    x

well done upsy daisy. good luck!!!!
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Wow. What a surprise. The upsy one must have done some heavy campaigning. Sorry to hear that guys, but the advice on here will get your through to smash those target times.
  • Hear hear
    She must have done as i asked over 20,000 people image
  • jane326 wrote (see)
    Hi KR! Just had the email. Oh well. I'm really sorry you did not make it. If it was not me i was hoping it would be you. But you know what, Kier was right and i'm cool with the outcome as it means i can still do the marrakesh marathon in jan which i've got a place, flights and accommodation all booked for image Its on my birthday. and of course we will still have our 3.15 goal in April! you and me buddy. i challenge you image x well done upsy daisy. good luck!!!!

Cheers Jane - I was hoping if I didn't get it it would be you as you would be a worthy candidate.
    Challenge accepted! I doth tip my hat in your direction and take ten paces!

Keir - I'll be honest, yes a  bit of a surprise.

Results are in and me & Jane have not made it through to the Super Six in Paris.
    Well it looks like it's me & you Jane to prove em wrong - I know we can both do it.
    Let's do it together on here!

er... I'm stunned......... really sorry neither of you two made it, Knight Rider especially. Well , having experienced both sides of the SSX double-edged sword I am kind of glad in a way neither of you two got it but we'll see how this year's candidates pan out compared to previous years

Keir - I'll be honest, yes a  bit of a surprise.

care to give us the skinny on how she ran at the bootcamp?
  • i dont remember her at all
    she certainly was not running at our pace ( we were running with the sub 3 boys)
    was she in our group KR?
  • Commiserations KR, was always a tough task on the PR front with the sub3 being an all male list, as somebody else has also said.  So is that 3 blokes 3 femmes for SS?  Very PC.

• Presumably I'm not the only person who feels that, after a perusal of the winners, this wasn't the result of true democratic process.  Something smells very fishy and it's not my middle finger.
  • Sorry to hear the SS news, but good to be not kept waiting around anymore.

Keir - 10% on the treadmill - wow! I find it so hard to resist the temptation to get faster and faster on the treadmill, which is okay occasionally, but not when ice means you're supposed to be doing your easy runs on it too. Yes, hark at me, easy runs have returned!

Ah, oysters.

Really? Her first? I know Keir has done it but he's got an extensive endurance background as an ex Elite level cyclist. Has anyone on here gone sub 3h15 in their first ever marathon?
    What's her HM time?
    As for the others, only Peter Thompson14 and Ultra Sparkly Bridget were the ones who got through that I voted for.
  • Moraghan wrote (see)
    Presumably I'm not the only person who feels that, after a perusal of the winners, this wasn't the result of true democratic process.  Something smells very fishy and it's not my middle finger.
    +1