Sub 3h15

Comments

• I am full of admiration for the long running in the snow and on treadmills this weekend. Well done everyone who battled it out there. The paces you were all posting up were remarkably quick for the conditions - if any session should be measured by time on feet or perceived effort, it is ones like these in the cold and show.

I did a relatively modest 5/6 miles on trails in the woods today. It was pretty bleak out there - even the flock of horses had gone - and really really hard going. I think it was about 9 minute miles at what felt like half marathon effort.

I am going to target another 30+ mile week with a long HM intervals session and a medium long run.

• I have a treadmill in my garden gym thing, it just stopped dead in the powercut but I saw all the lights go out a millisecond before so grabbed the handrails to avoid going A over T. Blimey, this running lark is dangerous, if its not ice/snow, its powercuts or injuries. Tiddleywinks anyone?!
  • Germs aplenty in my household, as snow is outside.  Was kept awake by a ca-cough-ony of the germfest with jnr Windlet (playing lead catarrh) and ably assisted by snr Windlet (base catarrh) and some grating/clearing of the throat that can only be compared to being the wah-wah peddle of colds.  So I reset my alarm as too cold and tired to bother getting out this morning.

Snowing like billio here now, which the weather warning has stated will continue until around 7 tonight. Joy!

Ant, Nice racing BTW.  As for Stanstead a work colleague was supposed to arrive back from Vancouver on Saturday and they missed the landing slot by 20min and were diverted to Paris, where he has been ever since (minus luggage).  No flights/trains(eurostar) nowt running.

Jane, You may have ordered them, but what's the chance on them actually getting delivered?

Gul, We all know you're a nutterimage.

RJ, Hope you get back soon.

• Once again some nice/crazy dedication being shown.

I managed to get out to free the car from below mounds of snow, left over from last week.

RJ Hope you get home. Manchester seems to be the biggest airport still operating, if there is any change of changing destinations.

Windy As I stated last week Paris was the airport where my luggage also disappeared. They couldn't actually open the doors on the plane to get the luggage out?

Hopefully running later today.

• Windy - 1-2 business days via parcel force for £1.99 delivery
    get them on Wed !

RJ - hope you get back soon

my entire family is stuck in one airport or another - its a nightmare
  • SteveC1975 wrote (see)
    Tiddleywinks anyone?!

*Sharp intake of breath* Not sure about the ladies' nails image Well done on managing to do some gynmastics on the parallel bars to escape what would have been the best comedy injury of the season!

Scooby - It's pretty treacherous out there, where will you run? In fact, what area of the Pool do you live in?

• Windy - hope the germs are gone the end of the week! My youngest lad has been ill all weekend, but has been happy enough recovering watching telly.

We haven't got much snow here at the moment - it's just the sub zero temperature and the Ice that's the problem. Easy 5/6 miler planned tonight, probably round the park in a Gul style rep.

• Blisters and beer wrote (see)

Scooby - It's pretty treacherous out there, where will you run? In fact, what area of the Pool do you live in?

The Posh part....
  • Scooby Dudek wrote (see)
    Blisters and beer wrote (see)

The Posh part....
    Oh, the Wirral image
  • that is the posh part image
    i have friends who live there
  • Having catered at Caldy Golf Club a couple of times and having friends over there, I can safely say it is, Jane. But only once you get past Birkenhead, which has been the drug addict capital of the North since the 1980's. (No Keir, that's not where I live!).
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Nah B&B I wouldn't put you down as an addict. You keep moving every 3 months. More likely to be a dealer! image
    Scooby Dudek wrote (see)
    Blisters and beer wrote (see)

The Posh part....
    Oh, the Wirral image
    jane326 wrote (see)
    that is the posh part image i have friends who live there

How dare the both of you!!!

I currently reside in Childwall, right by the end of the motorway.
    Hopefully get my run in on the Loop line heading towards Halewood (not quite as posh).

• Scooby - I'm glad you don't live on the Wirral, it was meant to be a wind-up! I've lived quite near you, twice.

Keir - I wish it was every 3 months. Try 5 different properties in 8 months! I'm currently living out of a sports bag, a little rucksack and a bag-for-life. They haven't caught me yet image

Scooby - I'm glad you don't live on the Wirral, it was meant to be a wind-up! I've lived quite near you, twice.

Keir - I wish it was every 3 months. Try 5 different properties in 8 months! I'm currently living out of a sports bag, a little rucksack and a bag-for-life. They haven't caught me yet image

That will explain the drop in house prices.
    I am glad I don't live on the Wirral, if I did I would have a funny accent.
    What is your current local? I spent a bit of time drinking around Aigburth.

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Steve, I've just got round to investigating your spreadsheet. Blimey, that's a labour of love isn't it? I think someone has already made the comment that the reason you were off line for 2 wks or so was because you were busy creating that. Very impressive. Not sure how you have made some of it, but will figure out how I can use it for my own purposes, maybe for the next campaign. Also useful to have the up to 55 mph P&D in a nice electronic format, so cheers. image

• Ooh, that hurt Scooby! Don't really have a local in Aigburth as all my mates still live in Allerton so it tends to be the Penny, including tonight for the quiz. If Aigburth, it's always somewhere down Lark Lane. Where for you? I only really know The Rocket around there.
  • Keir: I was ill for a week or so, so had time to do the sheet at work, happy to add in any other training plan to the sheet for anyone else to use, the only real variables are the plans copied from P & D/FIRST/McMillan and the paces, so easy enough to change.
  • It's all talk over on the SSX sub 3.00 thread...unfortunately none from the comp winner

• KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Nor the coach. Well, at least the 3.27 pb guy has posted on the thread. I knew he was the right choice for my vote. image
  • I've been sulking and sleeping, but just wanted to show my face and offer belated commiserations to KR and Jane.  Hope you both smash 3.15! 

Will return when health improves...

• Thanks Joolska image
    hope you feel better soon
  • a nice 'easy' 4m for me to start of the rw3h15 training this evening along the banks of the thames past oracle's offices.

was lit up like a christmas tree but tbh the viz was pretty good anway. conditions were ok and also had some new inov-8 runners.  they are my new best friends! 

just over 8min/mi pace for me. all good.

there is a posh part of the pool?

• Good racing Ant and KR.  Get well soon Joolska.

4 slow for me this evening, snowing on and off all day but nothing major to add to current amount.  Hit the roads with my trail trainers on and all very pretty in the half light.

• MsEMsE ✭✭✭
    YakTrax ordered. Thanks for the tips!
  • Well this running in snow malarkey certainly isn't for me. Yes it may look lovely and feel inspiring and be good for the proprioception HOWEVER....it just feels like an accident waiting to happen to me. So treadmill is for a bit until it melts again ! Don't worry Windy I'll make sure I take some vitamin D and wear industrial strength shades when I next venture out blinking in the sunlight.

A very tenuous 5 in the snow today not helped by my feeble little cold....

What's everyone's running plans for Christmas day ?? Quietly slip out the back door and come back a couple of hours later ???

• PipesPipes ✭✭✭
    Hope Joolska and Keir recover quickly from their cold/ flu things.

My hip has been dodgy again since yesterday's snow run, so I think you're right, Fraser. I'm going to the docs tomorrow morning to get an assessment, possibly even ask for a scan. It's been about 9 weeks now on and off so I need to investigate further before starting heavy training again.
  • You sound a very unhappy chap, Jase. Sorry to hear that. Hope you're reunited soon.
    Take care Keir, you've built a lovely base so a couple of days off won't hurt. That's all the sympathy you're getting off me cos I'm on the bus to work! Should have been the train but they're up the spout...not even had snow for 3 days!
    Nice racing KR. Sounds like fun to me...especially the food! Re your HMs...I'd say week 7's perfect to race to reassess your training pace for the following few weeks. Maybe the same for the week 11 or check how MP feels for 13.1 miles so you know you're on the right track.
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭
    Anyone else suffering from B&B deja-vu?
  • Brisk walk to the gym and back for me tonight. Cross training recovery of 40 min cycle, cleans & squats and some core work. Walking back to gym in morning for swim. Heavy snow in Guildford again. Engine starting to feel stronger now!

I'm not running Xmas day but may head out boxing day morning if weather permits!