LOAD OF BALLOTS

How about this one , for anyone annoyed at not getting in the ballot  for the VLM .Does anyone know of a flatish marathon i can enter [ this will be my first one ] to get a sub 3.15 so i can do the VLM 2112.

Comments

• I think Paris and Berlin are supposed to be quite flat from what I understand,
    I would be very happy to do a 3.15 for my first Marathon, good luck with that.
  • Clive Thorpe wrote (see)
    How about this one , for anyone annoyed at not getting in the ballot  for the VLM .Does anyone know of a flatish marathon i can enter [ this will be my first one ] to get a sub 3.15 so i can do the VLM 2112.
    Mightily impressed on the life expectancy optimism! image
  • You could do the Marathon of the midnight sun in Norway. There is only one hill which is the bridge, which you cross twice. It's pricey, but honestly really worth it.
  • Clive,

Berlin is the flatist around but it will be too late to get a time for Fast Good for Age. Entries have to be in late june/july so you would need to have your marathon done by then. Paris is decent and has pacers for 3.15. Stick with them and if you are good enough enough you will do it.

• Thanks for all the advice didnt really want to go abroard for first marathon and i looked up Abingdon Bob but didnt fancy multi laps ( soul destroying ) so i,ve opted for the Brighton marathon in April and for a warm up the Stafford half in March . My pb,s are 5k 17.15  10k 37.51 and half marathon 1.24 all done this year i know i,ll have to be at my best to achive sub 3.15 but i,ll give it a go . Thanks all
  • HitchHitch ✭✭✭
    you will be lucky to get into Brighton as it is full unless you go for a charity place
  • Clive

The Edinburgh Marathon in May is very flat and the scenery is fantastic.Great finish as well in Musselburgh Race track in froont of the granstands!!

Sandor

• Clive Thorpe wrote (see)
    Thanks for all the advice didnt really want to go abroard for first marathon and i looked up Abingdon Bob but didnt fancy multi laps ( soul destroying ) so i,ve opted for the Brighton marathon in April and for a warm up the Stafford half in March . My pb,s are 5k 17.15  10k 37.51 and half marathon 1.24 all done this year i know i,ll have to be at my best to achive sub 3.15 but i,ll give it a go . Thanks all

Clive

There's a specific sub 3h15 thread on this VLM section, full of people slower than yourself over the shorter distances who've already gone sub 3h15. Pop over, say hi and join in the fun. There's quite a few aiming at Brighton in 2011.
    Another option is Stratford and it is "only" 2 laps but unless you're a big city marathon, you're going to struggle to find one that isn't based on laps. Luton, Abingdon, Stratford to name but 3.
    I broke 3h15 at Chester this year (May) but they've now shifted it to October which is no good for GFA times. It was flat and fast but was an out and back course - equally as mindbending as laps! They have now changed the course somewhat but for a friendly, low-key marathon it ticks a lot of boxes