The 2011 Marathon Tread

Welcome to the 2011 Marathon Tread no matter where or when your Marathon is or what your goal is join in the fun.

Doors open 1st Jan 2011image.

Comments

• Knocking on door - damn it's still locked
  • Tread? image Don't tell me we have to do all our runs on the treadmill....
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

LOL Freemers,

NP,

Love the opening post, especially as I've got no intention of running a marathon next year.  The furthest I think I'll be racing is 10k.

• A whole year with that title. I'm not my OCD will handle it.

First mara for me will be Malta at the end of Feb, but main target will be Comrades so it won't be an all out effort.

Happy new year everyone.

• Just put my last post on the 2010 Marathon Thread, I was going to suggest "2011 Marathon Tread" too NP image

Not sure if I will be posting much, as I've no marathons (or any events) planned as I'm not sure if I'm ever going to get sorted and get back running properly again, but I will keep lurking and checking in on how you are all doing.

Good luck to all.

Comrades, Joe that sounds great, good luck.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Evening all, Marathon Tread indeed :¬)

Comrades is more than just a race.
  • Hi every one. Am looking forward to 2011.

Aims are
    1) sub 1:48 half at Stratford in may
    2) finish first marathon in autumn.
    3) run 900 miles in process
    4) lose 14lbs whilst doing the above!!

Hope you all have a good 2011
  • Hello all this will be a once chance for me Just the one at VLM Though due to life events will primely working on my base as last decent mileage was last march so a few months of pure base (note won't be all slow running) so guess i won't have any chance of specific marathon training

Because of this i'm tempted by Abingdon never done 2 in a year but common sense says no i have a 10km to master

• Evening! No marathons for me till April image
  • Just put my last post to close out 2010 on the old thread, lol image What time did I start this? lol

Targets for 2011 are:

10k 36:59

Half Marathon 1:21:59

VLM Sub 2:59:59image

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    http://gobi70.wordpress.com/2010/12/31/2010-the-year-that-was/ My end of year blog, no details on next year.

Nice targets NP
  • Gobi nice blog I posted last years mile on the old thread but I did manage 4 pb's for the year:

10k 37:13

10 miles 1:05:07

Half Mar 1:23:50

Mar 3:02:19

• HAPPYNEW YEAR""""""""
  • What's this tread nonsense? Lol

is is editable if we ask RW geeks nicely????

I think a rest / recovery day may be in order tomorrow image
  • Happy New Year all image

Just got back into running and will be doing my first marathon in May - the Halstead & Essex image

• ComradeComrade ✭✭✭

Happy new year, I still need to sus out this years calendar to see what I'm going to do.

Have fun and enjoy the running.

• Happy New Year!

USB very well done to you. Hope your training is going wellimage

Hello again Pammieimage

lacebylady hello to you tooimage

Here we all go again then.image I finished last year on 2764 miles, no injuries and 2 unexpected pbs as old pbs were set when younger and after several years of running. Have now been back running 20 months, exactly the same time as I was out of running and really looking forward to what this year can bring. I don't set targets just hope that my times will continue to fall if I train well.

Hope there are not too many hangovers around this morning and hope the year is a good one for all!

I have a 10k race this morningimage

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭
    Happy New Year guys.
  • jason djason d ✭✭✭

Tread? lol!image

We've got water again!! THAT makes it a happy new year! 

6m for me this morning and made the most of it being New Year's Day by running along the, usually busy, main road.

Targets for this year are pbs for 5k-marathon (x2 for the Halfimage). Apart from London, I'm planning on doing Abingdon and/or Snowdonia (probably bothimage)

• Zion - are you doing Wymondham?

2010 total - 1323 miles

December total - 142 miles

Goals for 2011:
    1500 miles
    Marathon - 3:29
    Half M - 1:38
    10km - 44
    5km - 20

Hangover is not too bad considering. I may be doing a 1 mile fun run with the kids later!
  • HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

Round up of last year:-

215.39 miles ran, approx 8 of those were done in races and 2 races entered with 2 pbs (5 miles & 5k) with  time lost due to injury more than last year.  Compared to 2009 I've ran 56.02 miles more so despite the time out I've not done too badly considering.

Goals for this year:-

Join a club
    4k pb
    5 mile pb
    10k pb

I think the easiest goals are a new 10k pb as this way out compared to my 5 mile race time & it was set in 2006 and joining a running club.  I'm not really aiming for a 5k pb this year however wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a byproduct of the 10k training.

• Did 3.34 miles this morning before taking charge at parkrun.  Great turn out of 102 runners
  • Mr Spoons it was indeed Wymondham. Have you done it before?

So first race of the year completed and given me a good indication of where my fitness is at present. More people than I expected, 400 plus easily, which led to a bit of a congested start as it started in a small country lane. At least I didn't start too fast but got a bit of a shock when I saw 4.55 for the first kmimage Panicked slightly and upped the pace to then see a steady long incline, ok perhaps not, and slowed down again.

Somehow things then just clicked and I got into a nice rhythm, halted temporarily by a small stitch but tried the breathing out on the right foot and it workedimage I just felt strong, not fast, but strong. Normally I struggle between 5-7k but today I was slowly constantly overtaking. A nasty climb in the last k made this a perfect little race I think. Would definitely do it again.

Big pluses of the day, I beat two ladies I wasn't expecting to and wearing a club vest I got lots of shouts of support. I'd forgotten how nice that wasimage

Wymondham 10k

6.23m   46.55   avg   7.32

7.42, 8.00 (hill), 7.21, 7.21, 7.33 (stitch), 7.24 (pleased with this one including the last hill), 6.44.

After the last few weeks this will do as a starting point. Looking forward to seeing the results too.

10 miles run for the first day of the year and legs feel fine always an added bonus.

• Good luck with your goals HY4.

Nice to see that you managed a run today as well as organising USB. I can imagine that there were plenty who went as part of their new years resolutions...

I still have the very last bits of my manflu, but decided to wrap up warm in all me new christmas presents running gear and go for a Jog. Ran for 50 mins and feel quite good now. Was my first run outside in 3 weeks and first run in a week. Nice. Heres to a good 2011...

• HM4HM4 ✭✭✭

AGF,

Thanks.

----------

Well done to those who've been out today.

• Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Happy New Year and good luck to all with goals!

Well done on the 10k Zion. Was the stitch when going downhill? They always get me on the downhill!!

Went 'exploring' in the woods today, fell over a fallen tree and pulled a calf musle - so clumsy (and muddy)!! Still managed to hobble 8 miles so not that bad. Hope it's ok for tomorrow!

1942 miles in 2010. Still have to add up time etc. Half PB of 1:32:51 and mara PB of 3:20:56. Would love to go sub 3:15 at VLM.

Good to hear the water's back jason!

Any opinions on whether adding say 3 turbo sessions a week would improve running times? image

F

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    what sort of turbo sessions ?
  • Good running Zion. Nice race report too. You have set standard for everyone else this year.

Sorry to hear about the calf Fiona... Hope it clears up for you.
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Took a rest day today as I ended up working a little later than I wanted, but legs feeling great for tomorrows LSR.

Zion great race report first of the year well done and it sounds that all the miles you did last year are paying dividends.

Jason glad to hear the waters back on.

Fiona hope the calf is ok and well done on your run today.

Gobi nice 9 miles mate.

• GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    NP - pretty poor and impressive at the same time really