Can I ask a favour?... Pretty pls?...

Hello Peeps,

Can I ask a wee favour from you?...

As well as being (a very) amateur runner, I am also a keen amateur event rider. I have a blog about my horsey antics and it's been nominated for an award, so I'm out on the campaign trail canvassing votes!

If you have a spare minute and wouldn't mind please could you vote for me?....

this is my blog and the page that shows you how to vote - www.gifthorseeventing.co.uk

If you go to category 6 and select 'gift horse eventing' that's me!

Thank you, and promise I won't forget you when I'm rich and famous!;)

C x

Comments

• WilkieWilkie ✭✭✭

Perhaps you could have put it more like  "please read my blog, and then if you think it's deserving of an award, please vote", that might be a slightly different matter to just soliciting votes?

• ChloboChlobo ✭✭✭
    Oh yeah sorry I took that as understood image

if you read it and don't like it or think the other nominated sites are better and deserve the vote then please feel free to vote for them. image

• Ian MIan M ✭✭✭
    You're sister of MrNutt aren't you? image
  • And indeed general invasion if you're not interested in interacting with people on here, just want something.

I'll get back to running on my wheel now, just chuck me a piece of cheese and I'll vote for you or whatever.  Not.

• I voted anyway !    I did check to see if the OP posts on here, she does, so why not.
  • ChloboChlobo ✭✭✭
    Jeeze I've just logged in and what a response! image

I am a member of 2 forums and the 'general chat' section of a forum is usually the most friendly and open part, where you can discuss anything. My brother who is a keen cyclist posted on a forum he likes asking for a favour from his cycling buddies to vote for me, and they were so nice and friendly, and it resulted in a really funny thread (mainly because we were all ribbing my bro! image hence Ian M's comment) but you guys have just be plain mean and judgemental.

I AM a member of RW (but I mainly lurk because I'm not a very good/experienced runner) and have got some great advice in the past from more experienced members as I prepared for my first 10k, but it seems RW is no longer such a fun supportive place image I would have thought no matter what discipline someone competed in you guys would have helped an amateur in their attempt to get on in their chosen sport, you of all people should be able to empathise....

thank you popsider for the vote
    C x
  • KK and Hash,   I share your sentiments with the one time poster asking for votes but I think to be fair in this instance Chlobo doesnt fit that breed IMO

I dont 'do' blogs except for the odd occaision following particular exploits but I have to say that this one looks to be quite good, not one that I would follow per se but a good source of tips and stuff

I am a little biaised as the topic interests me and I have voted which I would not have done if I didnt find anything interesting   image

• Chlobo ... as a bgeinner you will get huge amounts out of this forum for sure   image
  • BookyBooky ✭✭✭

I've voted image

I agree with the above sentiments, but I'm a bit of a softie and Chlobo seemed genuinely disappointed with the reaction... I don't think any offence was meant, and in the grand scheme of things so what if someone asks for votes from people they don't know? It's fairly easy to ignore these things if they're that irritating image

• Okay, fair point and sorry for my grumpy response, reading it back it does come across stronger than I meant it to sound.
  • ChloboChlobo ✭✭✭
    M...eldy - thank you image I try to run to get fitter than my horses, but it's hard when they are thoroughbreds and I'm more of a native! image Still going off road is a good way to scope out new hacks too

sarah the bookworm - thank you, I am a bit of a softie too, and also it's easy to forget when you just 'lurk' that you aren't making yourself known so people may think you are a stranger

Hash# - no worries if your Monday was anything like mine then I understand the grumpy mood I think it was 'National Cr*ppy Monday' yesterday and no one told us!
  • SlugstaSlugsta ✭✭✭
    Chlobo yesterday was officially  'Miserable Monday', the day of the year when more of us are likely to feel down-in-the-dumps (due to the weather, dark mornings, illness, lack of money after Christmas etc)!
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

I find it amazing that people can get so worked up about something which would otherwise be so easy to ignore.

I voted for you partly out of reaction, and partly because my name means Lover of Horses.  Pretty random, but there you go.

• I haven't got a clue what it is about, but I have voted for you because you look quite fit. 

Your name also indicates you are posh, and most posh birds I know are bang up for it.

Does anyone else think I should be on the FIFA or Olympic panel to decide who the hosts are?

• JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    PhilPub wrote (see)

I find it amazing that people can get so worked up about something which would otherwise be so easy to ignore.

Quite agree. Another vote cos you know, its no skin off my nose. Good luck image
  • kittenkat wrote (see)

Ha ha, reverse psychology, I should get commission!

Liar liar, you got thingy'd ner nernerrner nerrrrrr image

And like Coops says she looks fit so gets my vote too image

• ChloboChlobo ✭✭✭
    slugsta - that explains Monday, but what about today? My boss is being a monumental pain in the *rse today what's his excuse. Is it 'national micromanaging and stating the obvious Tuesday' did I miss the memo? image

pHILpUB - I did not know that that meant that if you see what I mean? learn something new every day...

Coops10 - you charmer! image

JWrun - thank you

kittenkat - you only get commission if the psychology worked on you too image

Nicko - thank you too, I assure you I'm not fit I can just about puff my way round a 10k....oh you mean fit *blushes*
  • PhilPubPhilPub ✭✭✭

Philip
    masc. proper name, from L. Philippus, from Gk. Philippos "fond of horses," from philos "beloved, loving" + hippos "horse"

Hmmm... take away the -ip and add -pub... pub being short for public house...

public
    mid-15c., "pertaining to the people," from O.Fr. public (c.1300), from L. publicus, altered (by influence of L. pubes "adult population, adult") from Old L. poplicus "pertaining to the people," from populus "people."

So my real name means "lover of horses" but my forum name means "lover of the people".  Aww, int that nice!  Anyone want some lovin'?

• Coops10 wrote (see)

I haven't got a clue what it is about, but I have voted for you because you look quite fit. 

Your name also indicates you are posh, and most posh birds I know are bang up for it.

Does anyone else think I should be on the FIFA or Olympic panel to decide who the hosts are?

Coops - you need to come back more often, we need the laughs.
  • Chlobo - I am indeed.  And if you love horses, you'll certainly like me!

BDB - Awwww, I do try, but not much seems to happen here so there isn't much to get involved in!

• Coops10 wrote (see)

Chlobo - I am indeed.  And if you love horses, you'll certainly like me!

What he is trying to say is that he looks like the back end of a cart horse    image