Sheffield social

Comments

• Morning image

I'm with Aitch - this week has been tough image and I can't wait for the weekend. Not that I'm likely to get any rest - but at least I might get to see my family. 

Think I might be running with Becky later? image

• AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!

Count and breathe Miss O...

That's better (I think).

• Is this on-line pilates that I`ve tuned into or summat?!
  • Feel the Burn wrote (see)

Went to see The King's Speech last night.  Very good.

W,w,w,w,was i-i-i-i-t? image

I'd love for me n Mrs Didds to go watch it but we have no-one to look after the wee-bairns (anyone fancy some babysitting duties?)

• We also never manage to get to the cinema and very rarely get chance to watch a film. Don`t think I still have the ability to sit still for 2 hours.
  • Went to cinema with wifey Tuesday after doing speed work with windy millar to see The Dilemma for free. Ok film, piss funny at times but slow in the middle.

Anyway benched for at least today. image

But not from running, iron fell 6ft out of cupboard point first onto right big toe on the joint dislocating it. Had to put it back in place myself. Thought it was broken but now swelling gone down it doesn't feel like it. image

Going to use today as a rest day and see how it feels tomorrow.
  • Hopefully a lucky escape GIRO. Another sign that nothing good comes from ironing as well.

Mozzy would have gone out for 18 miles just to make sure everything was OK though.

• OMG Giro! image that's made me feel a bit queasy.... I'm not good with dislocations... ewww. I hope it's okay - you might get a cracking bit of bruising from that!!

• Baz, i did think about packing my running stuff for club run tonight but decided my legs needed a rest anyway after 4 consecutive days inc xc race and speed session

Len, this toe is not connected internally anyway. Broke it in 93 during football then played 4 90min games in two weeks thanks to cortisone injections from club doctor. Never healed back together, so easy to pop back in.
  • image I'm with Len on that one. And I used to work in theatres! Hope it sorts Gaz - take it easy.

Plumped for the run - 12 miles - aimed to warm up for the first 2 then 8 minute mile the remainder. Went to plan up to mile 4 then my new orthotics started to rub on my right foot - stopped and took it out then carried on looking a bit of  a twat carrying it. Other one started to rub at mile 9 so took that one out too. At almost mile 10 my left knee went 'pop' so walked it out then decided to jog off the last couple of miles and concentrate on form. Anyway - av pace 7.56 for the middle 8 miles so not too bad overall.

Planned on swim but decided to head home and look after slightly twingey leg instead. Did a bit on turbo first though to take overall training time up to 2 hours! Swim 2moz.

• GIRO - no offence mate, but I'm keeping away from you at the moment, things happen in 3's and I don't want to be the 3rd image

Moz - image,, but be careful (please).

• Mozzy wrote (see)

And I used to work in theatres!

Am dram or proper stuff?

• Nowt wrong with putting stuff back in place used to love helping the orthopods when I worked on the orthopaedic ward put stuff back in place. Pulled the toenail of my second toe on right foot today as it as gone black (long term problem does it every now and again probably due to the old RAF boots).

• Riggsy - does it hurt? image I'm debating whether or not to 'lose' mine because it's gone right weird....

Great news is that my hip hasn't ached all week - woo hoo!  On for a 16miler this weekend..... missed run today because my running buddy was feeling down and needed a chat - which of course had to be done over coffee not a run.....!!!

• RL - when you meet the SP's you'll develop the knack of running WITH coffee. And cake. And gin if you have a camelbak image

Cheers Dids - I will be carefull - a bit twingey today so swim - maybe a rest day tomorrow or another swim and then Bosa and a bike ride Sunday. Sorted.

Morning dudes image

• Morning folks image

RL no doesn't hurt because the nail is dead when I pull it out (sometimes a bit of blood if I pull some skin off) then I put a bit off  surgical tape on to protect the nail bed. Ran 5 miles yesterday with no problems.

Plan is for 6  miles this morning before work this afters. 

Probally 6 or 7 on Saturday then a rest day on Sunday (well 14 hours at work!)

Hope the foot is OK Giro and others are recovering from injury

• toe ok at moment. going to try a 5-6miles after work to see how it is. no bruising (i never bruise to think of it) and no pain. i do heal fast. image
  • Morning!

Yes thanks, GI, I`m fine!

Nice 6 miles in the cold last night - seem to be plenty of runners about at the mo. Gym after work then a longish run.

Entered Dronfield 10k last night and it`s already upto 200 entrants so sign up now! Saw Moz is in and number 20 or something. Must speak to you about the course Moz. If you haven`t done it before I have invaluable info! Also ordered my 4th pair of Nike Equalons (world`s best trainers) now on at £50!!!
  • Ooh - yeah - cheers ET!

Got me Mozster to cross his fingers and send positive vibes whilst I did a trial 'hop' after yesterdays disasterous run. No pain! Get in!!! image

Nice one Gaz - must be your youth. Us old crocks take a while longer to heal!

• *hot off the press*

BRAND NEW EVENT

20th March South Yorrkshire Half marathon
    Manvers, Barnsley
    Taking in manvers and parts of Doncaster.

Check out Barnsley AC Website for entry and details

• runningowl wrote (see)
    *hot off the press* BRAND NEW EVENT 20th March South Yorrkshire Half marathon Manvers, Barnsley Taking in manvers and parts of Doncaster. Check out Barnsley AC Website for entry and details

Also same day as Dronfield 10k, Mini Moutain Mara and Wolfs Pit Fell race

Tick your pick!

Is it not a bit close to Sheffield 1/2 date wise to gice both a good go?

• 7 week? Don't think so Riggsy
  • Paul "riggsy" Rigg wrote (see)
    runningowl wrote (see)
    *hot off the press* BRAND NEW EVENT 20th March South Yorrkshire Half marathon Manvers, Barnsley Taking in manvers and parts of Doncaster. Check out Barnsley AC Website for entry and details

Also same day as Dronfield 10k, Mini Moutain Mara and Wolfs Pit Fell race

Tick your pick!

Is it not a bit close to Sheffield 1/2 date wise to gice both a good go?

Didn't Richie boy mention something about a half marathon in the donny area a few weeks ago that Sarah told him about I wonder if this race is it?
  • Yes think it is. Only discrepancy is it is not a Donny half. It is a Barnsley half. image

Do you realise there is a 7 week gap between this and SIGSHM? Plenty lf time to give both a go.
  • Morning you workshy layabouts.

Oops, meant to say Morning Haile image but its the same thing image.

Haile - hows the allotment?  Can I have some seedlings again this year?  The beetroot were right luverly.

Hmm, apparently GIRO is indestructable.

A HM around the Land of the Inbreds - count me out image

26m for me this week, if I can get out for the Parkrun tomorrow that will be 29m image

When does everybody elses running week start/finish - mines Sunday to Saturday.

• Isn't Manvers Rotherham image (well the Swinton end anyway!)

PJAZ won't you be at Wolfs Pit or the MMM that day.

• PJAZ

my week starts on Monday and finishes on Sunday but I am starting to look at my mileage over a two week period to allow for work and races etc. This should hopefully prove to be more flexible and may reduce risk of injury. For example if I am looking at 50 miles a week I want to run 100 miles over 14 days. If I run 60 in the first 7 day segment I only need to run 40 in the second  7 day segment so allowing for work or races in that second week.  Going to try this for when I go on long days when getting a decent run in will be difficult on days I work.

entry form for South Yorkshire 1/2 for those interested.

• 50m per week image - i'd be happy with that per fortnight.

Yup, i'll be at the MMM trying to keep up with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  If we go at the pace of those in the Hayfield video we'll be reet.

• So who is doing what?

SY half

Giro
    RB

MMM

Riggsy
    Didds

Wolfs pit

Dronfield 10k

ET
    Mozzy

I will be doing SY half due to been nearest to home, wanting to do extra half marathon this year and can bribe wifey with fact her cousin lives in wath to visit for an hour and trip to cortonwood shopping.

No didds not indestructible but close to it image
  • TFI Friday!

Morning image

Pilates and 45 min run last night under the bright moon and stars. Lovely it was, if a little nippy.

My 'week' is Monday through to Sunday. Not that I am doing may run miles at the mo. I also train to time and HR so not really counting miles, as such.

Have I mentioned I am pleased it's Friday?