You know your a RUNNER when.......

Your body aches all the time but all you can think about is your next run image

You know your a RUNNER when....... your always hungry image

You know your a RUNNER when.......you know exactly 1 mile from your front door in any directionimage

You know your a RUNNER when.......the most expensive thing you own is your running shoes and your top of the range Garminimage 

feel free to add your comments.have a great day everybody..image

Comments

• 1. You know how many miles there are in a marathon.
    2. Your weekly mileage is how much you run, not your commute to work.
    3. You know how many miles you get out of a pair of running shoes.
    4. You can convert Kilometers to Miles in your head
    5. You measure your running route in your car to get the exact mileage
    6. When someone tells you their age, you automatically know their Boston/VLM qualifying time.
    7. You know Grandma's as the route from Two Harbors to Duluth, not the person.
    8. You can drink, blow your nose and pee on the run.
    9. The problem with the treadmill is there's no place to spit.
    10. You have less than ten toenails and that's normal for you.
    11. Body Glide is your friend.
    12. Ibuprofen is affectionately known as "Vitamin I".
    13. Navigating walkers, dogs and baby strollers annoys you because it interrupts your pace.
    14. When you participate in an organized event, you know not to run in your race t-shirt.
    15. You have a favorite energy gel and flavor.
    16. The "Picasso" above your fireplace is last year's TCM poster.
    17. You have pre and post race rituals.
    18. The journal you keep is in miles and pace not feelings or thoughts.
    19. When you look at the weather conditions, you calculate how many layers to wear.
    20. The pride you feel after a good run is worth the pain it took to get there.
    21. You have more t-shirts than you could possibly wear.
    22. When you hear the word "bib", you think of race numbers not babies and Gerber food.
    23. The "no carbohydrate diet" does not apply to you.
    24. You know that Fartlek is not vulgar terminology.
    25. A hill is an opportunity just waiting to be challenged.
    26. You know the phrase "you're almost there" only applies when the finish line is in sight.
    27. Your vacation destination is determined by your race schedule.
    28. When asked how your jog was, you are offended!
    29. 'Have you ever run a marathon' is an annoying question.
    30. Chaffing and blisters are acceptable.
    31. You sometimes dream about running and are annoyed when you can't pick up the pace
    32. When you are willing to give up your weekly lie-in to go to a race instead
    33. You will happily spend £15 on a pair of special socks
    34. When people say "Are you training for the Marathon?" and you have to ask "Which one?"
    35. When trying on shoes is a lot more than a trot up and down JJB.
    36. When you can tell straight away if a treadmill is calibrated realistically
    37. when someone says how far today and you say ''only short 6miles today'
    38. Colleagues look at you warily on Monday "How many did you do on Sunday?"
    39. ''You went running in this?''
    40. It's perfectly acceptable for a grown man to have a large pot of vaseline in their possesion.
    41. Anything over £10 for regular shoes or clothing items that you'll wear for years is 'a rip-off', but £80+ for a pair of running shoes that will last a few months is perfectly acceptable.
    42. When watching a girl on the treadmill in the gym you are admiring her form rather than her arse.
    43. When you find some safety pins and get excited if there are four of them.
    44. When you keep safety pins with your running kit and not with the rest of the stationery.
    45. You go to book a B&B for the night before a race but always check first that they will make you porridge for brekkie and give you a late check out so you can come back for a shower after the race.
    46. Whenever you go on holiday you check to see if there is a race you could do whilst there.
    47. When someone says "i did the great north run last year" and you're bursting to ask "what time did you do".
    48. When you have an arguement with the checkout girl in Tesco because only selling 16 Ibuprofen at a time is a stupid rule.
    49. You know which shops sell Ibuprofen in boxes of 96.
  • Continued...

50. You are on first name terms with the local pharmacist.
    51. When someone asks you if you've "ever thought about going in for the Olympics."
    52. You shout at the TV when they leave a 5k track race half way through to cover some bloke doing the shot putt
    53. Your family knows to buy your Xmas gifts from an online running shop
    54. You can't be bothered with getting online at 9am to get Take That tickets, but you will be online at 9am tomorrow to enter that race that sells out in a day.
    55. You've stopped reading Runners' World.
    56. The Kilomathon stops being a great novel idea and turns into a massive rip-off
    57. You pick up a copy of Runners World and realise that you have read the same articles before - several times, over several decades.?
  • The first thing you do with a new calendar or diary is write in race dates so OH knows not to book anything else.

When injured an important question that has to be asked to the doc/fizz/etc - can I still do any training?

• I had to chuckle at No. 43... I found 4 safety pins in the bottom of my handbag... I'd obviously been away for the weekend at a race and bobbed them in there when checking the hotel room for anything I'd forgotten...
  • Feck me  Duckintor,you really need to get out more! image.

But seriously some funny stuff in there. my fav is no.52.  i always do that.and it fecks me off when they keep switching to the field events..image

• Heh, they're more a correlation from a few months of finding the odd one here and there. I also got quite a few from Fetch.

I'd have to say 4, 29, 47 & 57 are pretty true for me.

Edit: And 62....
  • Fantastic!  you missed out.most of your facebook posts mention  the words.RUN or RUNNER or racing !

• I love this topic - it keeps popping up and keeps me chuckling! 

76: you own more trainers than shoes
    77: you wear a sports watch all the time
    78: you have a gold/platinum account with wiggle
    77: all your favourites/last looked at items on Amazon are running/sport related
    78: you stock imodium in the cupboard in the bathroom
    79: you like the smell of deep heat
    80: your music is sorted into running songs/non-running songs

etc

• Devoted2Distance wrote (see)
    76. You rarely wear underwear anymore 'cause you've got so used to how liberating it feels without it under your gear

oooooer missus!

• You come on here quite often !
  • Perhaps I should hide the number of posts I've done over the last x years - it's getting embarrassing! image
  • JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭
    Love "the problem with the treadmill is theres no place to spit" I think this every time i have to do a tready run!!
  • No. 70 - I ordered an age 9-10 Nike top on-line by mistake!  I had worn it twice before I realised!

• JWrunJWrun ✭✭✭

If you go away for work or on holiday you firstly find out where the nearest gym is or what the best route to go for a run is before you've even checked in or looked at the beach!

• Brilliant, made me laught it all so true!!  I am fed up with having my Ibuprofen, (when I go through the self-service till at ASDAs) having to be verified by the person on the checkout, they see me coming now!
  • I'm not the only nutter on here. Yay!

Emailed the hotel for my wedding to check they had a treadmill in the gym!? image

• ...caught yourself snot rocketing whilst shopping....

• ...or couldnt be bothered washing my hair since I'm off for another run in the morning and it'll just get sweaty again, whats the point....

Really, this is too much now. Revealing how disgusting I am. Stop it Elli. Now.

• When you see someone wearing dirty trainers, you just know they run.

When waiting in a changing room, you can't help notice over pronating feet sticking out below the curtains

• some very funny ones, i think 5, 19, 44, 64 and 70 (!) apply to me!image
  • You stock pile trainers when you find a pair that feel wonderful (or that don't destroy your feet / give you blisters that make you fear you're actually growing another foot).

You have pedicures but the poor soul tending to your mauled foot sighs and says, 'I'll do the best I can' before reaching to the specially acquired file from B&Q.

• ........Your race bag contains more ointments, rubs, plasters, straps, weird stuff for feet than the local Boots counter.

.........even though you can barely make it up and down the stairs as it feels you've been kneecapped by the local mob you still do a 16 mile long run, cos it don't hurt on the flats.

........You actually pay someone to prod, poke and violently massage you past the point of screaming.

.......Thinking that lycra looks so good on you that you go out and parade around in crowded areas.

......... Buying frozen peas not to eat but to put on your knees after a run.