Options

Radcliffe AC 10 Miles Multi Terrain

Hi there, not done this one before, but have entered to add a bit of variery to the never ending 18-19 long Sunday mile runs in preparation for Stratford Marathon in May.  Did 4 villages half on Sunday but love the off roadies.  Who's in ?

Comments

• Options
    see you there.  I have been doing fell running mainly, But I love trails too.  This race isn't far from where I live so it's a bonus. Just run through Moses gate country park then down the road. I've  got it all planned out, this race on 6th, parbold hill race on 12th, might do winter hill on 13th if not too tired, ovendale fell race on 19th and then bleasdale circle fell race on 26th. Ready for March.
  • Options

Fell running ?  Wow, just reading "Feet in the Clouds", great book. Have you run the Bob Graham ? I'll stick to the trails, the furthest I've gone off road is the Rivington Half (Near Norwich in Bolton) great run.  My sense of direction is hopeless so proper fell running would be a death sentence I think  !!! lol

• Options
    haha no I don't run quite that far haha I did the rivington half marathon as well, that was fun.  I normally do 6-8 mile fell races, it's just a bit more challenging running up big hills I think, and fun too.  And also cheap, on average I pay £3-£6 a fell race, compared to say £10 for a standard 10k road race.  Well I'm sure the radcliffe trail race will be a bit of fun, looking forward to it.
  • Options
    I've never done a trail race before.  Can someone give me an idea of what to expect?
  • Options

Helen, it's no biggy, kind of like the cross country roads everyone did in school, all those years ago.  Over fields/stiles essentially.  I've not done this one before, but I'd imagine very similar.  Good luck

• Options
    helen  it will be like running on the trails of a country park like moses gate etc.  Just on dirt tracks and such.  Alot of fun actually.  Just enjoy it.
  • Options

I'm looking at it as a 'possibilty' for that weekend (I'm on days-off!), as I doubt I'll get a place in the Dewsbury 10K

The only 'local' fell-race is too long for me, the way I feel at the momentimage;

http://www.fellrunner.org.uk/races.php?id=897

lincoln donnelly wrote (see)
    I normally do 6-8 mile fell races, it's just a bit more challenging running up big hills I think, and fun too.  And also cheap, on average I pay £3-£6 a fell race, compared to say £10 for a standard 10k road race. 

Me too!, I competed in the 'Stanbury Splash' (7miles/1200feet of climbing) last weekend up at Haworth, a good fun race for £3.50image

Although the 'Trunces' at Penistone are even cheaper than that... £1.20 per race (9 in series)

http://undeadmonkey.org.uk/trunce/

• Options
    Keep a bit in the tank folks as the last mile is tough, very tough image
  • Options

Looks like we are in for a few very wet days in the build up to this

Can anybody who has ran the route before give us a clue on footwear - Fell Shoes needed ?

• Options
    Trail shoes really Donna - but you would get round in normal road shoes.
  • Options
    Went for a 13 miler this morning around Stockport and the weather was awful, pouring all the way around with huge puddles everywhere.  Does anyone know if the run tomorrow is still going ahaed ?