MP3/MP4 advice needed

I'm looking at buying a music player that has the following requirements:

MUST be able to dock in a docking station

Has half decent sound quality

8GB+ of memory

Other than that I don't give a monkeys how much it weighs, whether it plays video and photos, if it has a radio or a voice recorder, or what the controls are like.  I'm looking for one that will spend its life sitting in a docking station.  I havelooked through the which.co.uk website and amazon but no-one seems to be able to say whether they "dock" or not.

So I thought I'd ask the experts..................

Comments

• Don't go for one of the new iPod Nanos - they don't charge off many docking stations.

Any MP3 player will dock with almost any dock (excluding Bose Sounddock, which only have an iPod interface) using the headphone jack.
  • Yeah, we've got one that docks with the headphone jack but they dont charge so we've got wires going from the MP3 plyer to the plug, which looks a bit untidy, so was wondering which ones sat on the docking plug.

Thanks

• Hi,

As far as I know only ipods will sit on a docking station, I don't know of any company that makes a docking station for other brands, probably because most of them use a mini-usb variant connection so it wouldn't be very stable.

The ipodnano and a dock that it will sit on sounds like your best bet if a docking station is a must.

• Best sound quality by far is the new Sony Walkman.

ipods are pants in comparrison. No other mp3 player comes close.

You pay for it though.

video quality is brilliant.

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/nws-a-series/nwz-a846

• Aye up,
    I use both Ipod Nano and Ipod Touch. I have a BOSE Wave with docking attachment and another seperate BOSE dock speaker. I swear by both. The sound quality it top rate, they are easy to use. Charge quickly and when out running great to slip in an arm band. I will buy more if anything happens to them and if anything, my IPODs are largely responsible for me starting to run a bit more. The only improvement I could make really is to buy an Iphone so that I have comms if I get stuck. Happy shopping.