Power of 10

I've been taking a look at this website and have so far failed to find out why some runners are on there and others not. Can anyone tell me if you have to register yourself or is there some other means/protocol?

Comments

• You can register and add stuff but they will create a skeleton profile of anyone who runs in a qualifying event (UKA course cert or parkrun usually) and has a qualifying time (UK ranking)...a lot of people get profiles from running parkruns because the times are added automatically.

Add yourself if you are want because you will get to keep all results in one place - thats what did and I get picked up automatically now image

• You can add your own times as well if they miss them for any reason, but they'll take off any non-UKA events i.e. those run under ARC. Or at least that's the only reason I can think of why some events disappeared from the listing having previously been there.
  • Beware Of The Fish wrote (see)
    You can add your own times as well if they miss them for any reason, but they'll take off any non-UKA events i.e. those run under ARC. Or at least that's the only reason I can think of why some events disappeared from the listing having previously been there.

Yeah that started happening last year...sort of subtle pressure not to run in any ARC races (since they wont count for rankings either)...bit naughty really imo, but UKA does provide Po10 for free so you can see their point also.

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

The qualifying times are a little out of sync throughout the events.

For example you have to do 1hr 20 or under to get a half marathon ranking, yet you have to do sub 58 for a 10mile one! Now sub 1hr 20 is a lot easier than sub 58!

As the above guys say, be careful what races you do. I did a flat 10k, and got under the 36min time by 8 seconds, and they posted it.

Then they scrapped it as it wasn't UKA.  No amount of pleading would make them put it back on.

Dastards.

• Just have to run another one faster thenimage
  • wot is power of ten???? im confused sorry!
  • http://www.thepowerof10.info/ is the UKA web site that records the national athletics rankings, but for we lesser mortals it also records times for UKA affiliated runners of all ages and abilities.

There is now an alternative as well - http://www.topsinathletics.com/. I guess this was set up by one of the anti-UKA factions.

• Joined it now thanks, not the most suitable of sponsors, or names, why the power of ten with a pizza and chip frozen foods company!

• Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Exactly Seren Nos exactly! Qualified twice for half marathons...but need to up my game on the rest,

BOTF..don't like that other site at all. Their ranking requirements are ridiculously fast! You need 35mins for 10k to even get on there

Only 7 men have met the 5k time? How ridiculous.

• You'd better up your game then Stevie, then you'll be a big fish in a ickle pond!  image
  • Must be true about the half time, I did 1.20.00 grr, and they haven't acknowledged it on the uka ranking.

Was wondering why they didn't count it.

I have done hundreds of races over the years but for some weird reason they have a couple from 2004 then skips to last year, so I don't really bother about this anymore, all seems a bit of a waste of time.
  • Stevie  GStevie G ✭✭✭✭

Muzza...if you're talking power of 10, then a 1:20:00 on the dot would get you in the rankings...

IF...

it was a UKA event, and If this was your gun time rather than chip time.

The half I did bungled the results, and even though i passed the finishing line on 1:19:50 it came out as 1:20:00, just getting me into the rankings. The chip time was an even bigger screw up!!

Slightly oddly, my fastest time on power of 10 for half marathons is actually 23 seconds slower than my pb.

But that's the difference between starting very close to the line, or starting 30seconds back as they don't care about chip time.

ps Pub Phil... certainly do need to up my game...2  half marathons, 1 10miler, 1 10k and 1 5miler in next 4months hopefully will start the route!