Deal Half Marathon (Formerly P & O Ferries Dover Half)

A change of name, is there also a change of course? If so, I'll miss that hill at 8 miles (not!!!)

Comments

• Route same as last year Ajax ....which is new from previous years at Duke of York school (if that makes sense!!)  This route starts from Fowlmead Country Park image
  • Great course but not a PB breaker at all.. Just hope the weather holds out and the winds are low!
  • KeirKeir ✭✭✭

Have you entered Ali? Can't see your name on the start sheet.

I'm planning to train through this one. Run 6m before hand and 1m warm down afterwards. Must make sure I don't get caught up in the excitment of the race though.

At least the weather is better than this time last yr!

• Has anyone received their race packs? I'm getting quite worried because it's only a few days.

Rita
  • Ah....

"Registration will open from 8.30am, at the Visitor Centre where you need to collect your race number and timing chip. Please allow enough time. Your race number must be pinned to the front of your vest & your timing chip tied to your shoelace."
  • Well, the hill formerly at 8 miles came at 4 this time around & was just as unpleasant as I remember it; followed by a long exposed slog into the heavy wind that was blowing. The hill between 2 & 3 miles wasn't too pleasant either. The race got easier in the second half despite some more (tolerable) undulations plus the wind then blew from behind.

A great event though, not at all in my opinion affected by the change of venue

• Kier - I entered on the day, if the weather was a total disaster then I'd prob stayed in bed..

Did you finish 19th? I think I ran a few miles with you at Folkestone last September? You run for Ashford?

I finished 33rd Overall in a time of 1.31.46. a big improvement on my time on the same course last may but a few minutes off my PB I set in September at the Folkestone half (1.28.55)..

Hills are what this course is all about! The winds didnt help too much either.. Roll on Paddock Wood next month, I've heard its a faster one?

• Aliscott78 wrote (see)
    Great course but not a PB breaker at all.. Just hope the weather holds out and the winds are low!
    Next year do you mind wishing for high winds!!!