Pride and Prejudice

2»

Comments

• k8greene wrote (see)
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    Unrelated, but I've just found out Watford is in London, well I never.... I thought it was much further up than that.

You're not thinking of Watford Gap are you?

Watford Gap (the geological feature & M1 servies) is even more not in London than the Watford KK's thinking off. That's Watford, Northamptonshire. Which isn't in London. not by a long shot!!
  • St Albans is so not a slum but the nearby 'village' of London Colney pretty much is.

• I used to live in East Angular.  Never did figure out where West Angular was though.  Really used to puzzle me as a kid, and then I became an adult and no longer had time to worry about it.

And isn't Devon a suburb of Cornwall???

• MrsK8MrsK8 ✭✭✭
    Helen Liz wrote (see)
    k8greene wrote (see)
    kittenkat wrote (see)
    Unrelated, but I've just found out Watford is in London, well I never.... I thought it was much further up than that.

You're not thinking of Watford Gap are you?

Watford Gap (the geological feature & M1 servies) is even more not in London than the Watford KK's thinking off. That's Watford, Northamptonshire. Which isn't in London. not by a long shot!!

When KK said she didn't realise Watford was 'in' London, I thought she might have been thinking of Watford Gap which is why she didn't realise how close the real Watford is to London.

• PhilPub wrote (see)

I hate to spoil your illusions but people don't wear corsets in the UK any more, and I've never once walked out of a lake fully clothed. 

I don't want to worry you, but in Bath there's quite a few people who DO dress like that... And they also go out in public - and in daylight too!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UqJoWahooh0/TKXTTF9Y8fI/AAAAAAAAAVI/iCGpjGzkIeM/s1600/Jane+Austen+festival+2010.JPG