Llanelli Track Marathon - 2nd April

Am in the process of organising a track marathon on Saturday 2nd April in Llanelli as the first of my 3 marathons in 3 weekends in order to raise money for children with disabilities. Am hoping now to get an idea of how much interest I can gather on here, realise is not that far away so presume will be mainly hardcore marathon runners although there will be a relay option too for 5 teams of up to 6 participants.

A few things you should probably know for now:

I have just got to decide on one of two possible venues before registration opens, 10 days at the most. Am looking for 20 runners, 15 individual and the 5 relay teams.

Entry will be only £5, but you are welcome to donate more or raise sponsorship for any of the three charities, 2 of which are linked here and here. The other is my son Robert's special needs school, donations to the school can only be made in cash.

Water will be provided on the day and you will get a medal and a mars bar  but please be aware that you shall have to provide your own gels and other substinence

You will also require someone to count and, if required, time your laps.

I have contacted Roger at the 100 marathon club to get the event ratified for those chasing that holy grail.

Thanks

Comments