Options

Edinburgh marathoners past and present

Comments

• Options
    Nitey nite everybody I'm away to watch that video again and dream of Boston. image I was good enough to be there once imageimageimageimageimage
  • Options

Ha Ha Ha I bet you do Caniggia33, LOL real time posting of my Pish Poor time eh?

22:54 at Park Run yesterday, yehay starting to feel like a runner again, with the exception of Silverstone Half, which was a personal worst by such a l-o-n-g way image

LSR tomorrow, lets hope this marathon off the back of 2 or 3 runs a week isn't too painful! image

• Options
    All marathons hurt smiffie whether you train 3 or 8 days a week!!!!!!  Don't take this the wrong way but thanks for running a PW last week.  I thought I was the only one running them in here these days.  It must be a Boston thing as soon as you qualify your running turns to mince image
  • Options

Evening all or whats left of it.

Well the weather was thoroughly minging here all day and I ended up wimping out and going to the gym.  I had a nice 13 miles on the dreadmill followed by a pretty sore and miserable 7 miles on the dreadmill. It was quite amazing how quickly I went from feeling great to feeling crap.  Maybe last nights alcohol had something to do with it. image

Was pleasently surprised by the rugby.  I thought we were going to get murdered by Ingurland but we played well and the score was respectable.  With a bit of luck and a stand off on the bench who wasn't dan parks we might have won.  He had the reverse midas touch today.  Everything he touched turned to sh!t, dust and base metals including the fluffed kick in the build up and final "tackle" in Ingurlands try.  Is the whole point of getting an Australian to play for you not that you find an Australian who can actually play rugby?  How good was Chris Patterson's tackle in the corner by the way that was the highlight of the match.

Back to work tomorrow.  Why doesn't somebody make the weekend just a little bit longer? image

• Options
  • Options
    Uh Oh Kiwiscanfly is on early morning wakeup calls again image
  • Options

Guten Abend Smiffie image , Kiwi, Jac if she hasn't returned to facebook and anybody else who is lurking. image

Nae danger of me posting at that time Smiffie I don't do mornings.  The only time I've had early morning posts on this forum was when I was in China image and that was only because I was 9 time zones ahead of the website. image

Today was a long day.  I hate long runs on a sunday rather than a saurday as I do like a long lie to recover.  Starting the week knackered is never good. image

• Options

This season's most rediculous sending off.  How can you send a guy off for doing the job that the police and jobsworth stewards should have been doing? image

Cracking tackle and I don't mean Borat's image  What poseeses a grown man to dress as borat and streak in front of about 200 blokes at a non-league football game? image

• Options

Sorry about the football smiffie.  Better level it up a bit to keep her happy.  Only 5 weeks until patriots day!!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimage

• Options

Evening all.

Stunned by my time at the Inverness half yesterday - 1.44. Last time I managed to be under 1.45 was when I was 27 and managed 1.42 at Glasgow. I actually thought my Garmin was bust yesterday, but something just clicked and everything fell into place image

n true Inverness half fashion the driving wind and rain were out for the day, say nothing of the 2 feet of snow half a mile outside of Inverness, but no snow in Inverness itself.... very strange...

• Options
    well done markk. image  Glad you got there and ran well.  How is the achilles after that fast run?  Pish weather can be great to run in at times.  You never want to stop and want to get back to a warm dry car asap. image
  • Options

Morning Kiwi!! image

Still here Can image  Although, I did note your comment on facebook tonight! image

Markk - fantastic time!  Well done image

• Options
    Cheers everyone. Aye the wind,rain and snow can spur you on lol. Achilles is still niggle so laying off the rest of the week and will try the bike in the gym tomorrow when away in Londonstan. Other than that simply too much going on in my life at the moment and my sense of humour is wearing thin....
  • Options

Evening everybody but Markk,

Morning Markk I take it you are just getting up for your pre-work workout.  Is it another 5am gym session coming on? image

Jac hope you have been working on your sprint finish. image

I had a blast on the dreadmill tonight.  30 mins of 60s intervals.  9.5mph for one minute then 11mph for one minute.  The last 3 or 4 really hurt and I felt a bit image by the end of the run.  Not done that for ages for some reason.  I think that reason may be that it hurts and isn't much fun.  What doesn't give you a heart attack makes you stronger. image

34 days Smiffie. imageimageimageimageimage 

• Options

Evening folks. image

OK I'm a bit bermused.  For the Berlin half I tell the organisers my PB is 1:25 and predict my time being about the same.  For my friend who has never ran a race I predict 1:45.  How the hell are we both in the same pen at the start with only 708 numbers between us?  image I've got a feeling they have used my time from 5 years ago when I ran 1:36 which could about equate to 700ish runners in 9 minutes.  I fear a hellishly slow 1st couple of miles coming on as the top part of Unter der Linden over the Schloss Brucke is pretty narrow and the road wont widen until you pass the ghost station and pass under the the brandenburg gate. Time wrecked in the 1st 20 minutes.  image  Anything sub 1:30 might be absolutely brilliant if I open with two 8 min plus miles. image

32 days any second now smiffie!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimage

Nitey nite image 

• Options

Evening everybody image

Well that was a bit better tonight.  Ran about 5 miles tonight not quite sure as I didn't wait for my garmin to pick up the signal as the light was fading.  I did run the last 3 1/2 miles at an average of 6:20/mile which I'm pretty pleased with even though it was a fair bit downhill and 6:50ish uphill and into the wind wasn't overly shoddy either. image

Am I the only one that would like to see Rangers win in Europe tonight.  Not because I like Rangers who I think are nearly as vile a team as Celtic who in turn are the only team on the planet more vile than Dundee Utd.  I just think it would be funny to see them ruin almost every Plastic Paddy Parties the lenght and breadth of Scotland.  Why do so many Scottish people think they are or want to be Oirish especially on the west coast?  image

31 and a half days to go smiffie. image

• Options

Its sometimes unfair when people say that all footballers are thick. Unfortunately tonight Mario Balattelli did nothing to dispell the myth. image

• Options

Not looking forward to Boston, not fit........ Only managing to run 2 or 3 times a week...... managed 20 on Wednesday night and nearlly fell apart between 13 & 15 image

Then in freak accident dog manages to break his leg being tripped over! Being pinned today, thank god for insurance...... poor wee man......... thank god it was me image that tripped over him, anyone else and I'd have probably killed them!

• Options
    Hello everybody image

Well that was a waste of an evening. Sort of fell asleep on the sittee after tea and have slept for the last 4 hours. I must have been tired image

Smiffie I hope the your dog is OK. Its not much of a consellation but at least it wasn't Bailey breaking your son when he bolted whilst filming that video you posted the other night. That could have been really serious.

Smiffie I think you do fab being able to run 3 times a week as it is. I struggle to find the time or energy to run any more than 3 times a week and have always followed that furman first training plan. I only have myself to look after and struggle to do it. You are managing to do it whilst holding down a fulltime job and look after 2 kids, a doag and a hoarse which is a pretty amazing. There is a reason you fell apart in a long run on a wednesday night.....the words.....wednesday and......night. God never intended people to have long runs on a wednesday night. You might not be running great but if Boston is your last marathon as you are threatening it to be you should REALLY look forward to it. You are going to run there because you are one of the chosen few folk on the planet who are good enough to be there and its a bigger achievement to even get to the startline in Hopkinton than the finishingline of lots of others. Your not going because your training has been gash for the last 6 months you are going because you have been a really good runner for a good number of years. Lots of folk inluding your favourite stalker and almost the entire population of Boston as you are about to find out are awfy proud, awfy jealous and awfy excited for you going to the place where everybody knows your name. If it is the last one make the most of it imageimage

Nitey nite everybody. (Think I'll be dreaming of boston after typing that late at night even if smiffie's not)
  • Options
    Evening all! Smifffie you should get up at 5am and get loads of training in
    Ike me image Have been resting this week to allow achilees to sort itself out. Hope to get back out there next week.

Good result on the rugby this afternoon though you have to feel sorry for the Italians having beat the French and still get the wooden spoon. Good result for Oirland who outclassed Engerland. Heres hoping the French thrash the Welsh, who have been overrated all season.
  • Options

Who cares about rugger when there is footie to watch? image

The mighty Dees are 21 unbeaten Markk you should come and watch the invincibles in action whilst you can.  We are actually unbeatable these days.  2-0 down with 25 minutes to go against the pre-season favourites for promotion on their own patch, only 8 fit 1st team players, no triaists we could find fancying a kickabout, banned from signing any reinforcements, a goalie who can hardly move, 3 men playing out of position, 2 kids and no strikers and somehow we get a 2-2 draw.  Absolutely brilliant.

Na na na na na na na na naaaaaa.  The Dees are staying up, staying up, Dundee's staying up!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimage

How's the pooch Smiffie?

• Options

Four weeks tomorrow smiffie imageimageimageimageimage

Go on henny get excited. image imageimage

• Options

Hi all

CANIGGIA,on the post of the 14/3/11 there was a post which has a love heart between myself and SMIFFIE!

I was just wondering who it was actually aimed at!! 

• Options

The comma may give a clue Kiwi image

I'd better go to bed I'm working a stupid distance from home stupidly early tomorrow.  Why did I take that booking in Alloa before realising it was an 8:30 start? image

Nitey nite image

• Options
    Rise and Shine!!
  • Options
    Rise and shine I've been up for hours. I'm in the home town of KarenD today. Should I kidknap her and drag her back to the forum!!!!
  • Options

Can - I'd better pop in and say hello then. Stockport is a long way for you to go to drag me back ! Glad your team is doing well. The mighty County are unfortunately heading for Non-League football image.

Hope everyone is OK image.

My London training is going well and have the Liverpool half on Sunday which will provide an indication of what I can realistically aim for in the full. Last 20+ mile LTR completed yesterday image

• Options

Fair enough CANIGGIA,I did not really notice the comma,I thought I would ask!!

Yeah,drag Karen D back.Haven't heard from her in ages.

Evening everyone else.

• Options

Thank god for my good punctuation Kiwi or I could have created an awkward situation. image  Thank god for that 'A' I got for higher English. image

Phwoar nice to see you back in wor hoose.  I think Dundee have cracked the problem with being crack.  Be skint, go into administration, pay off all your crap, get a few guys who are prepared to die for the club every saturday, supplement that with an assortment of fans on the pitch, trialists and commentators and go undefeated for evermore.  Trust me its the way to go. image

The kidknap of KarenD proved somewhat problematic.  I should have bought a car with a bigger boot. image  She isn't as good a host as Bungle.  When I was working in Glenrothes the other week Bungle started baking lots of cakes.  She never brought me any but she baked cakes which was a lovely touch.  I don't think KarenD loves us anymore and may have moved out of wor hoose for good. image 

Anyway......................image

I've just entered the London marathon ballot for the 6th year running. I eagerly anticipate my annual a p!$$ off magazine at the start of September its always great to read a magazine about a race you aren't going to run.  The 5 and your in rejection system is gettind scrapped so they are trying to pretend I'm one of the privaledged few who can still get in that way.  I still think my chances of getting in are somewhere between zero and none!!!! image

4 weeks today smiffie imageimageimageimageimage

• Options
    Still worth having a go CANIGGIA.