half marathon training

13»

Comments

• Just back from my half today, went really well, with no injuries in training, and the day went fairly well.

Was training to a 1.40 schedule, which I thought mat have been too much to improve on the previous pb of 1.50,  which it turned out to be, but not by much. Went steadily on the 4.45 m/km for most of the race, but dropped off a little on the last few miles, but still came home in 1.42 odd, knocking 8minutes off my pb, and compared to the first hm I did, my legs are in a lot better shape, so am well please with my leg fitness.

Am now looking at another hm in the next few months to see if I could build on that and finally get under 1.40 (one of my aims for this year!)

Hope everyone elese training is going well

Martin

• MuddyPawsMuddyPaws ✭✭✭
    Hi Martin,

That is a great time ! My next aim is to get a bit closer to 2hrs.... And to get my 10k time to 55 mins....

My next HM is 9th October but I have a few 10k and shorter races between now and then image

I'm hoping this sun stays out, a may even end the summer with a tan image

Lisa
  • Hog-mouseHog-mouse ✭✭✭
    Well done on the race Martin. Seems like you'll hit your goal with continued consistant training. Mind you those minutes do seem like hours when you're trying to lick them.