Options

Cotswold Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Going to make my marathon debut in this one. Good idea anyone? whats the course like?
  • Options

Do you like hills?

• Options

Yes i live in North Wales so have no choice but to run along hilly routes.

Just done the Conwy half where you runup the great orm, so hopefully it shouldnt be to bad!

Thanks,

• Options

Click: Cotswold Marathon 

In that case you couldn't have picked a better event to try your hand at the 26.2 distance. It's a 3 lap course on minor country lanes, very low profile, but well marshalled and supported. The hills aren't exactly lung-busters but you'll be glad to get to the top of 'em.

• Options
    I'm in, although I'm terrible on hills! Should be fun... what is the time limit for this one? I'm going to need half a day to finish.
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Did the 35-mile event last year and had to go up that hill four times.

Only one long hill as I seem to remember - the race start was half way up it (and a long walk from race HQ).  An attractive rural loop. Relaxed atmosphere at the venue.  Organisation good.

Doing Rhayader 20 the day before so I didn't think it would be very sensible entering this again.

• Options
    Very quiet on here, everybody must be hard at it training image.
  • Options
    I enjoyed running this last year so I've just  thrown cation to the wind and entered online. I say cation because I struggled to run one of the Gin Pit Village marathons on Saturday, I'm putting that down to a bit of a cold thing I've got which is still with me but hoping it will have cleared by the weekend
  • Options

See you at the start line then, have a good run everyone.

• Options

Thanks Sole Man .....

I'll second that, have a good one everyone, it would be nice to put faces to names at the start line or after. I'll be in red Horwich vest if you see me give me a shout image

• Options
    Just looked at the race website. It states that there is a 2.30 hour time limit for the first 2 laps. Will this be enforced as it seems a bit early as it leaves 2.30 hours to finish the last lap.
  • Options
    Sorry cyberweb can't help on that, have you tried getting in touch with the organisers?  have to agree it seems to be a little early for a two lap cut off.
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Very jolly this was. Well stocked water tables and fantastic support at the loop start/end point, and I like the hat (when will a race start giving out jogger bottoms as mementos? Would be handy....).
    Anyone seen any photos? How did the ice cream cone do?
  • Options
    The ice cream cone wasn't too far behind me! I did 3.50 so he was somwhere under sub 4 hours. Little close for comfort.....never been beaten by an ice cream cone before! However, my 3 year old was rather scared of him whilst walking to the start!
  • Options
    pete101pete101 ✭✭✭
    i enjoyed this marathon too, the sunshine showed the scenery off at its best and it was great to have the support at the start of the 3rd lap as i was starting to suffer a bit, i think it was that "hill" looming playing a few tricks, nice small event and a nice change from the largger eventts
  • Options

The (scarey) ice crean cone man was David Smith, he is setting a Guinness World Record for "The Fastest Marathon run as a Dairy product"

His next conquest is to run the London Marathon twice. Starting at 4am at Buckingham Palace!  See link for his running endeavours this year: http://www.justgiving.com/londonx2

The 'hill' was tough on the 3rd lap just before the 20 mile marker, and then the 3 mile gentle incline after that didn't really help image   I will return one day to get my sub 4 hrs, but only after lots of hill training!

• Options

Can anyone help me.?

I was the Ice cream cone at the cotswold marathon. I am trying to prove I ran this race as a diary product to claim the guinness world record for the fastest diary product. Without witness statements I can't prove it. If any runners or officials can provide statements I would be very grateful and can be contacted at anndavidsmith@yahoo.co.uk 

I thought running the race would be the hard bit but oh no proving it is so much harder!