VLM2011-Runner Tracking ?

Hi,

Is there any system via text or internet of tracking runners through the event ?

Cheers

Comments

• miss slowmiss slow ✭✭✭
    If you carry a gps-enabled phone, you can use google latitude, worked for me last year - family & friends tracked on their phones
  • ClamshellClamshell ✭✭✭

In previous years, they have had a link from the 'results' page, with real-time updates as each runner crosses various timing mats. (5k or 5M?)

Hopefully they will do the same again this year, as i was going to tell family about it.

• The system works but dont expect the 'real-time' updates to happen in anything like real time.

The odd one gets through in a timely manner but most are backed up in the mobile phone network logjam that inevitable happens around VLM. In fact, itisnt unusual for phone signalsto be completely unavailable for fair chunks of time.

You end up getting all the 5K updates in one splurge while half way through your second pint in the pub afterwards. image

• Good question. Last year adidas had a runner tracking service. My mom and dad used it and thought it was brill. I've no idea if the are doing the same again this year so if anyone else does, please let us all know.