Options

Being filmed running to choose the right trainer

I love my Nike Free 5's but when I run off road (farm tracks, woods etc) my ankles hurt because they are very flat underneath so ever lump and bump throws me off.

Looking to buy some new trainers but rather than just get a pair online I'd like to go to a store and have my running gait filmed and then analysed (I'm not sure if im an under or over pronator)so I choose the right pair

Does anyone know of anywhere that does this in the Hampshire/Wiltshire area?....

Has anyone done this? did it help? or is it just a gimmick?...

Thank you

P.S. feel v smug today after my run as I had to leap some electric sheep fencing! action running! image

Comments

• Options
    Ian MIan M ✭✭✭
    I believe it to be mostly a gimmick for most people. Plenty of other people with far more experience would say otherwise. However there doesn't appear to be any scientific evidence that shows any reduction in injury rates using such systems, but if there is any, I'd be interested in seeing it.
  • Options
    ChloboChlobo ✭✭✭
    hhhhmmmm ok maybe I will jusr buy a 2nd pair online rather than get brainwashed into buying some overpriced 'magic' pair if they are not gonna make any difference!
  • Options
    Ian MIan M ✭✭✭
    Ah, just to confuse matters, I'm not saying they won't make any difference, just that they're no evidence they'll make any difference.
    Which doesn't really help you image

• Options

If your buying off-road shoes chlobo I wouldn`t worry about a gait test, do visit the nearest runing shop because there are loads of options and you want to get the fit spot on... image

btw, Like the sound of that electric fence jump, perhaps they should introduce a little current into the mens/womens hurdles, freaks me out that they can knock most of them over yet still win a race...

• Options
    Fast Forward Running in Basingstoke do gait analysis by filming you on a treadmill.
  • Options
    They closed along time ago Katie....
  • Options

Did they?? Wow, I was in there less than six months ago, when did they close?

There is another shop in Alton that does it too.  I imagine they are still open, they were giving out vouchers at the Eastleigh 10k the other day....

• Options
    The running shop on Jewry St in Winchester or Up and Running in Chandlers Ford. There's bound to be somewhere in Salisbury I would have thought.
  • Options
    ChloboChlobo ✭✭✭
    Roland - electric fencing jumping does add a certain element of danger to a run! It's very thin grey wire quite hard to see. but only about 2'9'' high as I was sailing over it I had the horrid thought that I might not clear it and my buttocks might get electrocuted!!!! Thankfully that didn't happen but I certainly gave the 2nd fence plenty of clearance!!! image
  • Options
    ChloboChlobo ✭✭✭
    Sebastian80 - thank you Winchester is nice and close for me or Sailsbury so I will look them up image