VLM 2011 Support Group 8

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.

Supporters
Sweetest Thing
Foxy Lady

Runners
Cornish Digger
FuzzyH
Hash.
JohnFol
Lady Pineapple
Lady Wot Jogs
Meglet
Minni (RW ForumSix)
Red See
Tickled Pink

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday (however we cannot commit to collect any items left after 2pm Saturday).  Items should be marked with: name, race number & support group number

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot.  When you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to you're respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. Any final instructions will be posted Wednesday 13th April.  So ensure you check back here and on the support group threads.

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• Wahey!! Group 8 - rhymes with Great - a coincidence? I don't think so!!!! image

Come on Grope 8 runners, let us know your needs!

Sweetie and Foxy await your commands image

• <gets out big bit of paper and writes long list>

I shall summarise .... hugs and fizzy stuff image

The Great 8 should look good on a sign,  get that Tippytoze onto sign design ... he did a sterling job for me last year.

• Tippytoes has already offered - lovely man that he is!!

There will be hugs.

There will be fizzy stuff.

There will be mess!!!!!

• How is TT getting the sign there? He could leave it at mine with a little planning.......and I could bring it up on the train.

Big wave to all!

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭

The Great 8, Hello!

Sweetest Thing wrote (see)
    Come on Grope 8 runners, let us know your needs!
    Sweetie and Foxy await your commands image

er, please can I have a pb? image

• Sure, no problem Minni!

<enters Minni's request on master spreadsheet> - or should that be mistress spreadsheet? image

• MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Oh gee thanks!  Do I still need to turn up and run or can you arrange it without me being there? image
  • Oh, I think you need to be there - otherwise how will you get the medal? image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

Ah, of course.  Good thinking.  image

• I believe you can do it all on the internet now image  Bit of a bugger if there's no wifi coverage though ....
  • The networks will be too crowded that day, TP, so I think Minni will have to turn up in person image
  • JohnFolJohnFol ✭✭✭

Afternoon all!

So lets start with the easy ones first 

Forum name : JohnFol
    Name : I think FoxyL knows this one
    Race number :26,800
    Estimated time to mile 17 : 2hrs 50mins
    What you'll be wearing : Purple Patch t-shirt, probably with hand drawn JohnFol on the front
    Any special needs : motorised skateboard and Nell McAndrew to run ahead of me.

• JohnFolJohnFol ✭✭✭
    Actually I'll need a few Clif shot bloks handed to me, which I think FL has in hand
  • Welcome, JohnFol - I'm just on the phone to the totally gorgeous Nell McAndrew to sort that out for you image
  • Please don't encourage him Sweetest image.

Indeed I will be hand carrying his cliff shot blocks and if he's really lucky I won't have eaten them all before he gets there!!  I may have snaffled the odd one on our training runsimage.

Somehow I thing race number 26,200 would have been a better one- do you have to run an extra .4 of a mile because of yours?

And as your trainer, I would prefer you to be turning up around the 2hour 58.5min mark!!!

• Eyup! image

Hello everyone - looking forward to meeting the lovely supporters!

• Forum name: Lady Pineapple
    • Name: Will call myself Nibbsy on here, but can provide full name
    • Race number: 2265 (I think - might have to check when I get home)
    • Estimated time to mile 17: 2:45-2:55 (providing I get over the tendonitis in time - otherwise I will revise this estimate...)
    • What you'll be wearing: lime green and bright blue Mind charity running vest with the letters 'NIBBSY' ironed on the front in white
    • Any special needs: SIS Go gel; orange slices; (I would request a nice large glass of Rioja, but this is my first marathon, I may be struggling so it would probably go straight to my head, so best not - although if there's fizzy stuff going round I'll happily have a little! image); guarantee that my right ankle will hold out the entire distance
    Happy to bring stuff along to the RW stand at the Expo (or money?  Am I right in thinking you're purchasing fresh fruit from Asda on the day?)

Whoop! Whoop!  Excited. image  Just hope I can actually run properly on the day... image
  • Lady P- long time since I forummed with you!image
  • Ooooh I thought Lady Pineapple would be asking for fresh pineapple image and I'd quite like a slice too. 

I did my last hill session tonight ... thank gawd that's done ....

I think I might have a glass of SB to ease the worries .... not that I have any but preventative medicine is all the thing isn't it.

<waves to other Gr8 people>

• Signs for Grope 8 done, can get RE to fly them up when he collects his number.

• If I get 8 gropes then I will be all bruised.  Please be gentle with me image

• Forum name Hash
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) Agnes Gruntfuttock
    Race number 23586
    Estimated time to mile 17 - what's 170 minutes plus a bit for wee stops?
    What you'll be wearing - either last year's unused Super Six top to deal with unfinished business, or shamelessly in a Fetch top for double cheers/hugs at mile 22 as well

Any special needs* Nope.  Just a hug.  I'm sending my own 6ft 4 support crew to help out too,.  If you get chatting to Iron Purple Trilady in group 5, I haven't seen her since 1979 when we went to school together, so hoping for a quick hello there too.  On the basis you'll recognise me whilst she probably  won't, please give her a shout when/if I turn up.

One or both of me and Hubby may be made redundant 4 days beforehand when there's a big announcement, so if I don't appear then don't wait for me

• I'm going to make myself offishul ...

Forum name: Tickled Pink aka TP
    Name:  TP
    Race number 1417 .... I like a low number
    Estimated time to mile 17 - 3 hours 25 or thereabouts ... who knows ... I will appear asap
    What you'll be wearing - Pink top of course with a black SSPCA vest on top.  I think ST will know as she'll see it as I leave the house with her that morning. image

I need .... peace, love & understanding, neat buns on a gawjuss bloke to follow, pink fizzy stuff, many hugs, a good talking to probably, I will leave a small picnic basket with ST full of all my other requirements.  Can I have a snog from Sean Bean?

• RE will be upset he is expecting a hug lol
  • Not sure we can allow cross-support group hugging ... I'll need to check the rules on that one image
  • He has taken his buns elsewhere, it would be unladylike to fight over them.  We will find others to lust over image

Morning Gr8 people image

• Morning! image

Tickled Pink wrote (see)

Ooooh I thought Lady Pineapple would be asking for fresh pineapple image and I'd quite like a slice too.

Good thinking, TP - actually I think fresh pineapple would be really nice image (it's always been alright with my digestive system as well...).  I'll add that to my 'needs' and leave money for it at the RW stand.

• Foxy Lady wrote (see)
    Lady P- long time since I forummed with you!image
    Long time no 'see', FL!  Good to be in touch with you again! image
  • I am full of good ideas Lady P .... at least I'm sure that's what people say .... image