Caythorpe Canter 13 & 26

Hi All,

If you are lookoing for a nice warm up run prior to the London run then why not run in  our little 13 mile event up & down some good hills, bridal paths, woodland tracks, across fields, river towpath and over stiles towards the end. End the day with a good hot shower & fill up before you go home on our home made cakes, pies & other delights. So get yourselfs in the best condition you want for London or if you did not get in then try our 26 miles, same sort of conditions, either way we hope to see you all on the 2 April in Caythorpe. caythorpe.playingfield@yahoo.co.uk

Comments

• what is navigation like?

Is the 26 recognsed by the 100 club?

• Hi David, I'm unexpectedly not working this weekend, are there any entries on the day?
  • Hi Loz

Yes there is entry on the day & the outlook for Saturday looks fine for a good off road run or walk, through senic countryside, hot showers, good food, & a friendly atmosphere, hope to see you there.

• Many thanks to David and the team for organising another great race and nosh up, and arranging the nice weather for us too image

Couldnt believe it when you advised the course was signed this year imageand unfortunately I was the numpT who missed a (vital) turn somewhere early on which meant I had the pleasure of running a mile in the wrong direction, before I reached a road sign to confirm I'd screwed up and had the pleasure of running a mile back again. just a shame EVERYONE else followed me ! so some of us had the pleasure of doing an ultra - we should rename it the Caythorpe 28!

Somehow I still got to the first checkpoint in the lead, and never looked back. i'm extra chuffed as I had a 120 ish mile bike ride in my legs as I cycled back to Lincoln from working at the NEC Birmingham on Thursday night between 6-11.30pmimage

• Will you be providing maps of the race course as markers are only sporadically placed?
  • Hi Wadud,

Yes there a map given to everyone along with a detailed course instructions. Where there is a problem area we have marshals in place. hope this helps