Options

Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Over to me eh Tanner. Ok then you asked for it!

After years of trying I have just weighed in at 9st 12.5lbs!!!!!!

Always wanted to get under 10 stone for a big race but the best i have managed is around 10st 2lbs. I reckon those extra 2lbs will make all the difference a week on Sunday when Tanner is lugging that big bulky manframe around London and I'm off like Willo the Wisp.

What a great cartoon that used to be by the way!
  • Options

Well back to reality with a thump!!

Really enjoyed weekend in Tenby - again - but why does it have to go so quickly?!!!!  Managed to get out for run on Sat AM.  Glad I made the effort 'cos the rest of the weekend was totally unhealthy.

Fantastic running once again Dave and Darren.  I'm really looking forward to the 17th, lounging on the settee, stuffing my face, trying to spot Willow the Wisp and Super Tanner. imageimage

Weather is pants here today...........but will have to get out later to try and burn some of the calories consumed.  Definite detox for me this week. image

Edi 2012 is shaping up to be a fantastic reunion.  

Quick question - how do you email/get in touch with helpdesk?  I can't log out of this site.  Tried various ways - copying and pasting the link etc - but since last Thurs/Fri I have been logged in.

• Options

9st 12.5lbs!!!? Christ, lets get you a quick spray tan and sneak you in with all your little Kenyan buddies! You go whippet boy, Just hope you don’t get blown away by a strong gust of wind!

Ive busted my nuts to get down to race weight of 70kg (think that’s just over 11stone?) doesn’t help that my 2 best mates in Notts (both called Dave by the way, could be confusing in Berlin as they’ll both be there aswell!) are both body builders and a good 6/7stone heavier than me, so take great delight in commenting on the ever shrinking DT! Ive lost about 9KG in this training block, but yep, weight is something you’ll def beat me at, if I wanted to get a rise out of you I’d prob say something along the lines of ‘you gotta take your victories where you can get them! image

Seriously though, well done on hitting racing weight, think its only women and runners that'll really appreciate that for the hardwork it is!

• Options
    GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭
    Fi, I can't log out either!! May be here forever image 
  • Options
    GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

Darren, Dave, I see where I'm going wrong now. Since the running started getting serious again about 10 weeks ago I've lost a stone and am now at 12st 7lbs, which I think is my running weight. I obviously need to lose at least another 21lbsimage.

Perhaps we should have a 'Grand National' type handicap where we all carry the same weightimageimage.

• Options
    GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

Without the fences obviously........

• Options
    I'm not up for that GE. I've all on dragging my running vest around with me.

Looked at my performances last night and have knocked almost 6 mins off my 10k PB in just over a year. Now this isn't scientific by any stretch of the imagination but if I continue to improve at that rate then I'm scheduled to set a new WR in London 2012.

I bet Bekele is backing his pants now!
  • Options

Ha Ha! why do you think Haile announced his retirement!? funny how he announced he was coming back around the same time that you were falling of the wagon! coincidence? i think not! image

• Options
    Oops I meant cacking his pants not backing his pants
  • Options
    GE- what have you guys got planned for Paris? and more importantly where are you drinking at the finish? think GP's still got my number, i'll send it over if not so we can catchup, looks like its going to be a warm one at the moment, so Edi expeirence should help out no end!
  • Options
    Under 10 stone, fecking hell!! Do you eat??

Weather not great here either, just had a 5 mile trail run in the wind and rain.
  • Options
    DT2 wrote (see)

9st 12.5lbs!!!? Christ, lets get you a quick spray tan and sneak you in with all your little Kenyan buddies! You go whippet boy, Just hope you don’t get blown away by a strong gust of wind!

imageimageimage

Whilst on the subject of Paris..........make sure you have a great time guys - supporters and runners!!  Say hello to GP.  Sure I'll be back before you all depart..........especially as I still can't log out. image

• Options

9st 12.5lb!!!!  No wonder I'm so slow... I'm only 3lb lighter than Dave... *pokes wobbly belly* image  I was only 2lb lighter last week though... image  1lb off at WeightWatchers last night, which I'm pleased with considering we had the outlaws visiting at the weekend which means eating out quite a bit and no running.

ThisWayUp... I did acknowledge your yell of encouragement but I think you'd shot past by the time the words had formed...

Some excellent times coming in from Willo & Whippet (Dave & Darren)... *goes back to sulking*  Their 10k times are only 4mins slower than my bestest 5k effort... and that was at Battersea park which is flatter than flat with Mr CS practically dragging me round.

Have fun in Paris peeps... Darren don't forget your Pom Poms... Are you and GoldPig going to be the loudest supporters there???  Must text GP to see how he's getting on... I tried talking to him on FB the other week but it kept showing as him online, offline, online, offline so in the end I gave up and text him instead.

• Options

Dave, you must be near invisibleimage Don't lose anymore, muscle mass is really important - oh yes whats that muscle called? Oh yes your HEARTimage

Only kidding mate, you sound as if your in peak condition, the trick is being able to maintain it without getting injured! (look out for the FiCaz effectimage)

Did an 8 miler around Findhorn, again a really windy day and temps up to 15 deg c, but at least I was kitted correctly, a tough run in the conditions but managed to average 8:12 m/m so reasonably happy with that. 

Good luck to all doing Paris both running and cheering the rest on, don't forget to smile for the cameras as you cross the finish lineimage

• Options
    GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

Darren, plan for Paris is to meet up with GP at Expo earlyish Sat. am and maybe find a pub to watch my team against Everton later. The Paris 2011 thread are heading here The Pure Malt on Sunday from 19.00hours so that's my plan. I'll message you with my mobile.

WR, glad to see you're getting back in the groove!

• Options
    Cheers GE, good luck for Paris and also to Mrs DT2. Are you going to be able to see the conclusion of the Masters? Every year it goes to a play off I seem to be starting work at 0600 the next morning, i'm still off next Monday so it should be concluded pretty quickly.

Go Graeme McDowell!!!!

Sun just starting to make an appearance here, so time to head out for a run.

Good luck WR
  • Options

Phew! Just back in from run with dogs and friend.  Blimey charlie that was tough!  First run after weekend indulgence was last night.  Thought it would be pants but actually went quite well.  Today........ rubbish!  Legs really felt it.  Still at least today was dry and sunny. image

Willo & Whippet!!  Haha! - very good Caz.  That one should definitely stick.  image........ shall we get Tshirts made up for the Edi 2012 reunion? image

Graeme McDowell was fab in the Ryder cup wasn't he.  Never ever thought a golf tournament could be sooooooo entertaining.  Shaun won his first game over the weekend.  And he is away this weekend on a stag weekend that happens to involve golf as well...............me thinks I maybe officially joining the golfing widows society.

Darren/GE you will need to get a message back over the weekend to let us know how everyone got on.  Apparently the weather is gonna be quite warm for you.  Lovely for the spectators and pom pom wavers............not so good for the runners.

Right better get some work done.  x 

• Options
    My run was hard too Fiona, anything to do with alcohol consumption??
  • Options
    GoldeagleGoldeagle ✭✭✭

WR, love the Masters but think I'm going to struggle for a number of reasons, amongst which Paris is 1 hour ahead making it even later, and usually after marathons I've been so knackered that after the obligatory few beers, I've been no good for anything except sleep!

Would be very happy for GMac to win but would prefer Westwood or maybe Casey.

Well done on the running, Fi. Are you still unable to log-out? I can't but haven't really had time to investigate cause.

• Options
    Suppose you could always record the last day and watch the last few holes with a beer on Monday, you will have earned it!!
  • Options
    whitehead runner wrote (see)
    My run was hard too Fiona, anything to do with alcohol consumption??

image............maybe...........possibly...........Nah!! ....... probably something I ate. image

whitehead runner wrote (see)
    Suppose you could always record the last day and watch the last few holes with a beer on Monday, you will have earned it!!

image....you is a bad, bad influence WR.

Haha. image

• Options
    Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

*knock, knock* (pops head round door)

Hello guys n gals, just thought i would pop by and say hello. Glad your all doing well with the running, not that ive read much of the posts. My running is next to zero at the moment, sorry got that wrong, it is zero. Hopefully when i see what i am missing in paris, it will give me a bit of motivation to start up again.

DT & Dave.....good luck for london, not that you both need it and good luck to DTs missus in paris. Apart from meeting up with GE and watching wolves, not many plans for me.

Got the invite from dave for edi 2012, be great meet up with you all again as your all a great bunch.

would love westwood to win but have a feeling kymer will be a good bet.

• Options
    Evening Gold Pig, hope you get your mojo back soon!! Enjoy Paris, what a great city.

Fiona, note I did say A beer not loads of beer or vats of pinot noir!! I'll certainly be having a beer whilst watching it, and my wife is going to be out!! DVD and pizza for the kids and sent to their playroom I think!!

• Options
    Oh and my run today could be down to food, I had seafood on saturday night washed down with Guinness (but that is good for you).
  • Options

GP, how the devil are you mate? Hope you get your running mojo back, we all get phases where we just need to leave it for a while - sometimes you feel you are pulling your trainers on out of duty, if I get 2 runs like that in a row I usually leave it 2-3 days with no exercise at all, then that first run is done at barely walking pace, usually I get the desire th pick up the reigns so to say on the next time out and the joy of putting a good effort usually returns. But whatever you do, you're always a welcome sight on the threadimage

GE, DT best of luck I will do a rain dance for you bothimage

I have 3 days off, today I had a pile of jobs from Jill that took most of the day, so no run today, but back out tomorrow for an 8 miler around Elgin, looking forward to that as haven't done that route since last year.

Chow for nowimage

• Options

Good luck for the weekend to GE and Mrs DT, hope it's not too hot for you both.

I've got the Paws 10k on Saturday at Cotsgrave park in Nottingham, my first running only race of the year, don't think the PB is in danger, i'm still at least 1.5 stone over my London 2009 weight (the year i broke my 10k, 10 mile, half marathon and full marathon PB's in a 2 month period) which was 15 stone, i'd love to be about 14 stone before my 6 hour race in July, that still might sound a bit heavy to some but at 6ft 5 if i go any lighter i'll look like a stick. On top of the 6 hour race i've heard word that the local junior school is looking to enter a team in a 24 hour race in August (team of 8) so i've said that i'd be very interested if it ever happens.

• Options

image....crikey Beavis they start them young in your neck of the woods.  24 hour race - Junior school?  Is that allowed? image   Only Joking.  I'm guessing you mean the adults.  Sounds good.  What's this 6 hour race you are doing?  Sounds like torture.   Have you noticed the advert that keeps flashing up on the home page of RW.  Something about a 100 miles coastal relay race.  10 sections - so I'm presuming 10 people.  Sure it said on the headline that time to beat was 15 hours something........but that doesn't sound very quick.  Maybe I've got that bit wrong. image

Big, big welcome back to GP!!  Good to hear from you.  I'm very rarely on FB now that my nephew is home from Afghan.  Sorry to hear the running has lost its appeal.  Sure it is just a temporary blip and you will be out there soon - all the better for having a rest.  Infact I bet Paris may well have the desired effect.  You had a cracking run there last year and with Edi 2012 on the cards..........yup! - you'd better start dusting off those trainers. imageimageimage 

Philby.....how does Jill manage to get you to complete ALL the items on her list?  Please tell me the secret.  Shaun has got lists off me dating back to God knows when.  Have a good run today.  The weather down here in Wales is absolutely fantastic.......and imageset to continue for the next few days. Think the water bottle will have to come on the next run.

Oh well better get the dogs out for their walk.  Later start this AM.  Confession time........I went to see the X Factor live tour last night in Cardiff. image I know, I know.  Totally sad.  But I was asked/forced into going  by my friends 2 girls.  Ended up being a really, really late night due to a problem with mini bus.  So I am absolutely image today.

..........it was actually, surprisingly, a really good night...........****runs to take cover****

• Options
    Fi, sorry for any confusion, yes it's the adults doing the 24 hour race, team of 8 so I'm guessing about 3 x 10k laps each, the 6 hour run is a 2 person team with a work mate, 7k laps so about 5 each.
  • Options

image...oh.  Bit like LeMans but on legs then? So the aim - and eventual winner - will be the team that completes the furthest distance/most laps? 

The 6 hour race.........have you done something similar before?  Do you manage to rest much when your team mate is running?  Sorry for all the questions.  It sounds an awesome challenge but incredibly tough.  Trying to imagine the thought of sitting on my backside after finishing 1x7k - trying to muster the energy to get out there and clock another 7k in probably under an hours time.  First couple of laps would be OK ............from third lap onwards........imageimageimage

Think the challenge for me would be starting again once I stopped.  I take my hat off to you.

• Options
    Dave, i've just had a letter from the wankers at the tax office to say I owe £1040 for tax year 2008-9. I'm paye so how can this be!! Been here before with these people, you get better thought of if you live on benefits!!

HMRC ARE PRICKS