VLM Support Group 7

The list below contains the name and details of all supporters/runners who are in this support group.

Supporters
Gillymac
Sisterbadhabit

Runners
Chalky
Ex-Pat Scot
KateF
Kris Lowe
Legless
Longboat
Mattoo
Nik40
Redhead
Tony the Tash

The supporters need to know:

Forum name
Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)
Race number
Estimated time to mile 17
What you'll be wearing
Any special needs*

*Special Needs - All reasonable requests will be catered for i.e. SIS/High 5 gel, banana, Jelly Babies, boiled sweets etc, even lager & Guiness have been requested before. To be sure we have what you need or for more obscure requests please leave items at the Runners World stand at the registration Expo. Supporters will be collecting them Thursday, Friday & Saturday (however we cannot commit to collect any items left after 2pm Saturday).  Items should be marked with: name, race number & support group number

Location of Support area

With approx 40,000 runners it is almost impossible to pick out individuals as they pass, therefore its important you know where to spot us.

The support area is on the right hand side of the road at the pelican crossing by mudchute DLR station. There is a water station immediately after the 17 mile point, pelican crossing is immediately after the water station. I will post a close of google map/google earth image of the area with exact location shortly.

Supporters will be standing in sequential group order along the course. The area will be festooned with blue and yellow balloons so should be easy to spot.  When you get to us, look out for the support group numbers and go over to you're respective group.

Please use this thread to ask any questions and look out for further information which will be posted up until the race. Any final instructions will be posted Wednesday 13th April.  So ensure you check back here and on the support group threads.

Good luck everyone..

Comments

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

It's getting a bit exciting now isn't it image

Forum name: Redhead

Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum): Susie

Race number: 28409

Estimated time to mile 17: 3.5 approx

What you'll be wearing: Purple Alzheimer's Research UK vest & cap with Redhead emblzoned on it.

Any special needs*: Just a wave and a cheer please image
  • Hello group 7.

Can't wait to get to know everyone over the next few weeks.

Waves to RH, Yep the excitement starts when the support threads get started.  Not long to go!

• Forum name - Legless
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) - Graham
    Race number - 7086
    Estimated time to mile 17 - 2.5hrs (12.15pm)
    What you'll be wearing Red and Yellow Fetch cycling shirt
    Any special needs* Gel and protien bar (will leave at Expo)
  • Hello all, I'm away at a conference so don't have my number, will have to work out timings too, I do know my name though, amazingly it's Kate. Special needs, shouting - abuse or encouragement depending on time as above, perhaps a jelly baby and to be fended off the booze. It's getting exciting Sevens. I'm too numerically challenged to work it out from the 17 mile check in, what times are people hoping for?
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Crikey, 100 views and only 4 posts!

Good morning Team 7 image
  • Good morning allimage

Getting very excited at present even though my tapering = no running, but I had a good start and middle, thanks to KK for the UK - USA challenge!

Forum name: tony the tash
    Name: tony
    Race number: 3*** Not sure but it's 3000 something or other. Will post when I get home
    Estimated time to mile 17: Hoping for a sub 3:30 so using VLM Interactive map I should get to mile 17 at 12:00ish
    What you'll be wearing: Black Nike t-shirt
    Any special needs: Don't think so. I may leave some Chia seeds at the expo in a bottle (just add water!) if I get to the expo on Sat in time

I will bring Jelly Babies and Jaffa Cakes along.

Gillymac and Sisterbadhabit do you want anything bringing?

• Morning Team 7,

Wow got some speedy runners here.  You guys will be flying past us at mile 17.   

I hope taper madness isn't getting everyone!

• MOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG!!!

Just image

I'm so excited lalalalala!!!

There will be plenty of hugs, waves, cheers and abuse to be got from the Super Sevens no fear - Gilly and I were the dream team last year too lol!

And Gilly, if they're all that speedy then it means we won't be too pished by the time they get to us image I am already stockpiling pink fizz.................................................

I can't wait to meet you all on the day, I cant believe how quickly it has all come around it's ridiculous.

Hope you're all tapering properly too, my favourite bit a couple of years ago lol - that and the carb loading, I love pasta!

• Right must get on T'internet to find some Number 7 balloons.  SisterBadHabit was thinking of sending them straight to you, as you would no doubt get to Mile 17 before me, so can make sure we get plenty of Helium! If that is ok you can PM me your address.

mmmmm pink fizzimageimage

• Still quite quiet around here, a few runners still to check in.  Come on, don't be shy we need to get the party started imageimage
  • Great to see the thread is getting off to a good start image.

And can I just take this chance to thank the supporters for volunteering.  I know it's a cliche, but this really wouldn't happen without you.  Thank you for giving up your time for what will definite be the RW Social event of the year.

Thanks

• Please can I ask if anyone (runners and supporters) can help with any of the following

STUFF WE NEED

If anyone is able to help out with some of the things we need please cut and paste the following list and add your name and relevant details.
    Items can be brought straight to mudchute (if youre a supporter) or dropped at the Runners World stand at the VLM Expo.

We are particularly low on supporter numbers at the moment so interesting to see which supporters maybe available to collect things from the expo

Jelly Babies, Banana's, Oranges, Jaffa Cakes etc we give out an enormous amount of these to all runners (can be left at RW Expo stand for collection by supporters) - we need lots and lots of these

Jelly Babies, Jaffa Cakes etc (everyone, to be dropped off at RW expo stand or brought along to the support point)

Balloons
    Barley (100 dark blue, 100 light blue, 100 yellow)

RW Banners -
    Barley to arrange collection from DTs

Helium
    Barley getting large cyclinder

Asda Run to collect supplies

100's small plastic bags
    Foxy Lady
    Pinkfelina
    Sister Bad habit

Support team signs (to be designed and made by each support team)

Someone assertive x 2 to reserve support position from 8.00am 17th April
    Schmunkee

First aid kit
    Foxy Lady
    Sister Bad Habit

Large Balls of String x 2
    Miss Knees

Scissors x 2
    Sister Bad Habit

Sharp knife x 2
    Dave Wood 4

Swiss Army Knife
    Pinkfelina
    Sister Bad Habit

Paper plates
    Minni

Camera/camera person, lots of space on card
    Becks01
    Sister Bad Habit

Binliners
    Pinkfelina
    Sister Bad Habit

2 large rolls gaffer tape
    Dave Wood 4 x1

20 x 6ft long bamboo poles (for signs)

Supporter to visit expo to collect items (inc banners) and bring to Mudchute (there was loads of stuff left for collection last year so the more people that can collect things the better)

Thursday collection - Becks
    Friday collection -
    Saturday am collection - Running Rodent
    Saturday pm collection - Running Rodent
    Saturday closing collection - Barley

If anyone can help with any of the stuff we are short of, please pop along to the main Support Thread and post there. 

Cheers

• Evening all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very quiet in here, hope that means it's because everyone is out on a run image 

Gilly, I'll PM you my address am out in Kent now rather than Surrey but trains are still good into London so v possible I may be there before you, I'll stake us a good spot on the fence! Will start the spreadsheet up on this end too image

• Morning Peeeps, how are we all this morning. image

Cool, I was just thinking of getting the spready started!  I'm sure you will probably still be there before me as the trains from MK are cr@p, especially at weekend when they always seem to have engineeering work on.  I will try get an earlier train this year, so will aim to get there nice and early.  I will try PMing some of our runners later on today to hopefully get them on to the thread.  I'm sure there will be a few late joiners on main thread that we can nab as well image

• GillyMac and SBH - please let me know if you want to take more.  I know I have one latecomer already looking for a home.

Also, I am planning on getting to mile 17 for around 8-ish.  If you wanna claim a spot along the fence, please bear in mind that the groups will run consecutively from the water station next door

• Hey Schmunks, we'll happily take more image

Should be plenty of room especially if we have the bio hazard tape, am happy to be the body to have the chalk outline drawn round!!!!!! Lol will be there as early as possible to help stake a claim for the RW groups x
  • No, you've got to take the giant helium balloons on the train already filled .... it's all part of the fun ... they go puffy and floppy depending on the air pressure .... I though I had a puncture in my 3 last year but it puffed up again at Mudchute.  Physics innit image

SBH ... I hope you're going to live up to the name I found for you last year image

• Always TP image

It's very quiet in here, where is everybody?! Don't tell me, out enjoying the glorious sunshine!!!
  • Nope, just tied to the computer doing dull worky things.
  • Bleurgh to dull worky things booooooooo ....
  • But last weekend out having fun before the marathon wagon beckons on Monday, it had better be worth it!
  • It so will!!! Any plans yet? It's supposed to stay lovely image
  • A little bit of running, otherwise out in the garden and a birthday party on Sat night, and persuading the family they don't want me to cook a roast on Sunday when it's 20 degrees outside, how about you?
  • Bbq at a friends tomorrow and recovering Sunday, am off work at the mo so have managed to get the housework done and dusted today which is a miracle! OH is driving me nuts though, he broke up for the Easter hols yesterday and us getting right under my feet already!!!!! Have banished him to his den upstairs lol!
  • Lol I've been stuck doing the dull work stuff today as well image  but almost the weekend image

Full weekend for me! Poker night with the boys tonight, the office used to be quite male oriented, so they count me as one of the lads!.  Then off to see calendar girls with the girlies tomorrow.  So two very different nights out.

Happy running people, remember not to overdo it, taper, taper, give those legs a rest.

• Morning!!!!! Am thinking of all those doing Brighton today, not exactly ideal weather.......
  • No it was a bit hot, hope its cooler next week. 

How are we all this morning?

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning morning!,

I'm feeling great after Brighton but it was jolly hot and I've got very attractive red and white legs - with white lines marking where my socks and shorts were. Not a good look image
  • Aww no, don't u just hate sunburn!.  Well done completing Brighton on such a hot day.  Hope it is a bit cooler next week.  Has anybody checked the forecast?

SBH, I've PM'd the rest of our runners except Chalky and Ex-pat-scot who don't have pm enabled.  I have also purchased a giant pink number 7 balloon and some smaller number 7 balloons and posted them direct to you.  They should arrive on Wednesday.  London Midland are having a ballot today to see if they will continu striking.  Hopefully it will be sorted and and trains will be running a normal services on Sunday.  Otherwise I may have to drive so far and tube the rest of the way.

• Morning!!!

RH, well done for yesterday! Sunburn is rubbish, one of the things I'll have with me on Sunday is extra suncream if people need it, I'm not sure what the weather is due to do as yet...............

Gilly, I'll keep an eye out for the balloons, how exciting! I'm off to check out my train times for Sunday now image Am going into London to do a pick up from the Expo on Friday so will make sure I get stuff for our group as a priority, will have Brother Bad Habit with me too so no worries for transportation, I'll just get him to carry it!!!!!!!!

We'll have plenty of jelly babies and jaffa cakes etc at Mudchute, does anyone have anything else they'll not be able to drop at the Expo that they'd like us to have? We'll have plenty of booze lol - we did have a couple of runners partake last year image and I'm going to try and make sure we have some water there too, I know it's just after the water station but you can never be too careful!

Oh, and in case anyone's worried, we never ever leave until our last runners have gone through, we usually wait for a good while after the line crew have gone past so although I know we have some speedy runners with us already, if anyone is concerned we won't be there we definitely definitely will image