Looking for Bluetooth Headphones that are REALLY sweatproof

He there, let me first say I don't want to start a debate about wether people should or shouldn't run with headphones. image I do both, but like to have my music, and my Runkeeper audio cues on my longer runs.

So, to be blunt, I am a sweaty git. I run slowly (11:30 - 12:00 Minute miles) and at 260 Lbs (having lost 30 this year), I sweat more than your average runner I think. 

I don't like the constant wrangling that has to go on with headphone wires, so last year went bluetooth. Someone got me a pair of Jaybird Freedoms and they werinstantly fantastic. Trouble is, after 18 months of being sweated on they packed in. Although they have a lifetime sweat garuntee, my partner cant find the receipt, also they don't make them any more so don't know what good the guaruntee will be. 

I tried Plantronic 903+. Sound and fit was excellent. REally liked them. They died after 2 weeks. I'm still waiting to see if I'll get a refund on them. 

I bough Motoroal S10-HDs as they are described as 'sweat proof'. Died 7 miles into an 8 mile run, and wont switch on anymore. the little flap protecting the USB port is quite loose, and on inspection had moisture underneath it. 

So my question is this. Is anyone using Bluetooth Headphones that ARE sweatproof, or better still waterproof?

Comments