VLM Support Group 7

Comments

• Hi all,

Thanks to GillyMac for pointing me in this direction.  Apologies for being a pain but I hope I'm not too late to join as a runner. 

If ok, I can post my details and hopefully a pic later. (I'm at work at the mo obsessing about marathon stuff on the interent so don't have my number etc with me.)

I'm also up at the expo Friday with my OH so let me know if I can be of an help.

GillyMac wrote (see)

Has anybody checked the forecast?

Oh, and I'm obsessed with the forecast. A nice 14 degrees at the moment!

Thanks

Simon

• RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Cool but with no wind would suit me just fine thank you very much image
  • Hi team 7, back home from Brighton and looking forward to London, my third in three weekends. So team 7 is where it is at....

Here is my info: 

Forum name - Mattoo
    Name - Matt

Race number
    Estimated time to mile 17 - 1215-1245
    What you'll be wearing - Will look exactly like this

Any special needs* - May run straight past, may want some loving, may want a swig of water, nothing specific though.....

• Hello!!!! So exciting to have a team number image

Ok info:

Forum name: Nik40
    Name: Nikky
    Race number: 11044
    Time to mile 17: around 12.30(ish!!)
    Wearing: Everyman vest - name across front
    Special needs: just a couple of jelly babies and encouragement / abuse - anything really!!

Thanks so so much!!

• I will get round to working out my time and posting up my number, I am in dinlow mode at the moment and haven't got my head around it yet. Well done for yesterday Redhead, I had a couple of friends who did it and said it was hot out there.
  • Evening all, sorry for being a bit slow checking in.. Don't tell anyone but I may have been in the other place image

Forum name longboat
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum)Ian
    Race number 50903
    Estimated time to mile 17 2:15
    What you'll be wearing blue vest with yellow edging saying 'Ian', black shorts with yellow stripes
    Any special needs* - several, but for the day I suggest we go with Waves, Cheers, and abuse!

Prep has gone well - the swim and sauna this evening were really tough! Looking forward to Sunday
  • Longboat have you been Fetching behind our backs? image

Matt, are you leaving us a muffin again!!! Lol

Wotcha nikky and Kate *waves to all* !!!!

I'm very excited, so looking forward to the weekend its one of my favourite times of the year!!! Gilly and I are both supreme experts at both hugs and abuse so there'll be plenty of both available!!!!
  • Good morning all!

I've finally remembered to check out my race number... It is  3413

What day/time is everyone getting to the Expo for? I get into London Saturday lunch, so I should get over there for about 2ish.

• I'm going tomorrow, anyone got any idea how long the registration takes, queues permitting of course....
  • RedheadRedhead ✭✭✭
    Morning all,

Kate, registration is either very quick or very slow depending on when everyone decides to go! Unfortunately there isn't really a best time but earlier in the week is usually quieter.

I'll be there some time on Friday after the Press conference so probably around 1ish.

I've got a touch of DOMS today following Brighton so I've just been for a nice long walk to stretch out my leggies image
  • Thanks Redhead, I shall take my patience.
  • Kate,

Let us know is there are any good freebies to be had!image

Then again they will have ran out by the time I turn upimage

Depending how the OH gets on with the kids I may check out some of the oversea's marathons - may be able to convince missus of a weekend break

• Morning everybody.  Hope we are all well today. 

Gilly1709, nope not too late, we have plenty of room on this thread.  Just leave your details when you get a chance.  Hehe I remember the obsessing and constant checking of weather, and if someone so much as sneezed in the near vicinity!!

Mattoo, ooh another Brighton runner,  what was the third mara?  Will you be in a Phab vest on Sunday? I ran for Phab in 2007.

• Morning team 7!!!!!!!!

May admit to having bought another bottle of anti-bac gel today having left mine at home

Weather still 'partly cloudy' now saying 16 degress, was 14 (not that I am watching!)

• Lol all this weather obsession, I forgot about how much it takes over!!!

Balloons arrived this morning!!! Woo hoo, team 7 you are looking for a giant pink seven floating about image
  • I think I was seeing lots of pinl floating things by mile 17 last year!
  • What time do you recommend to get to the start for?

Also is the course dead flat? Or is there any sneaky inclines along the way?

• Tony, the trains, tubes and DLR get quite busy so I would leave nice and early, you don't want a mad panic getting to the start.  You'll also want to settle down, use the loo's (the queues get quite big) and drop kit back off.  The route is mostly flat altho there is a copule of sneaky inclines, one at mile 3 where the blue and red starts merge and one right near the end, around mile 25 when you come out of the underpass at Blackfriars.  They are quite gentle tho and I wouldn't worry about them too much, 
  • A belated "helloooo". Just seen that I've been allocated to your group. I think I have a fair bit of catching up to do....

Never had a problem at Expo on Sat afternoon. No more than 2-3 mins queueing any of the last 5 years.

Tony - inclines.

There's a short one at mile 3 or mile 4. Just enough to make you notice and shorten your step for a mo.
    There's one on the underpass at mile 25 - a strange quiet experience before emerging to a wall of noise.
    There's also another at around mile 19 if I recall. Not far really - they are all short 100m stretches. Just shorten the stride a little and keeep the cadence constant.

Getting to the start.

Aim to get there nice and early. I plan for 8am - 8:15 or so.
    Transport will be packed.
    Plenty of time to deal with the unexpected (DLR derailed a few years ago and later runners had a 3m walk to the start. You don't want this!).
    Loo queue then queue again.
    A little to drink.
    Sit (take a carrier bag as a mat) and drink in the atmosphere.
    Relax.
  • ... reads back over the thread...

Forum name Ex Pat Scot

Name Kevin (in big white lettering across my vest)

Race number (32xxx)

Estimated time to mile 17 ETA 11:37-11:38

What you'll be wearing Red hair, red face, white arms, navy vest & 2 green hoops with large "Kevin" on the front

Any special needs* jelly babies, loud raucuous cheer, lots of lurve.

• Is it too forward to keep saying I'm looking forward to all the luuuurrrvvvving??!!! image
  • Hi Everyone.

Think this is the group people want me to join.
    Forum name: Trev Bryan
    Name (Trev)
    Race number: 16908
    Estimated time to mile 17 : 2hrs 33ish
    What you'll be wearing : dark blue "Everyman" charity vest with TREV on it
    Any special needs: I wearing a camelback amd taking jelly babies, so just shout.

Feeling more nervous about the travel arrangements (Staying at hotel at Heathrow) and finding missus afterwards than the actual race.

Good luck to you all.
  • P.S. How do people know which starting area they are in? Did I miss something on my letter from VLM?
  • <pops in to wave at the neighbours>

It's in the magazine you got with the registration cert thingy Trev.  It depens what your number is image

• Generally
    Red start = charity
    Blue = elites sub 2:45(!), fast wimmin, club runners' places, deferred, ballot places.
    Green = celebs & Good For Age
    Front of Red = special area for "Fast Good For Age (sub 3:15)
  • Afternoon all.

Been on a management course all day so been getting the shakes due to not having access to a computer and being able to check the weather for Sunday.  I know, I know, don't worry about what you can't change! but I still like to know what it's going to be like.

18 degrees now and sunny. Still ok I guess.

Gillmac - thanks will post my details tonight.

Off for a lovely gentle 5 miler this evening then probably back on the computer to harrass Michael Fish.

(I'm not that obsessed really just rather excited about my first London)

• Right back home now and have got my details.

Forum Name: Gilly1709 

Race number: 7854

Estimated time to mile 17: Plan A - 1hr 54  

What I'll be wearing

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac343/simongill7752/SAM_0643.jpg

Hopefully I'll have my name somewhere on the front.  I'll also look like a bit of a twit as I'll have knee length white compression socks on (helps with the shin splints - honest)

Special needs:  I'd love to say beer but I think i'll have to save that for the finish so just a cheer and maybe an orange or gel.

Just seen Ex-Pat Scot's time. With a bit of luck i'll be hanging on for dear life to him image

I

• Hang on all you like, as long as you don't hold me back!

I'll be on a 2:54 ish schedule...

(That's the plan anyway. I've not told the legs about it yet)
  • SBH no muffin this year despite your sterling work in recognising me last year is just I am a proper runner now image and have a gel belt....

Looking forward to seeing you all though, loads like.

• Bugger and there was me hoping for a repeat of the mattoo luuuuurrrvvee.......lol I'm nothing if not consistent!!!!

Oh, and please don't anyone take it the wrong way! I is not a perv honest image lol I just love London marathon day!!!