Options

2011 Boston Marathon

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Early flight in the morning for me so prob wont be checking in again until after the race so have a great time everyone! Bring it on!
  • Options
    djwolfdjwolf ✭✭✭

Hi

Good luck to everyone for Monday.

I'm flying out Friday pm from Heathrow. Just to let you know weather forecast for Monday. High of 14oC and 10% chance of showers.

Seems like good running weather.

• Options

The great day gets closer. The Boston weather seems good for running so that is another excuse gone. Flying out  from Heathrow on Friday provided no repeat of last year's Iceland volcano  fiasco. 

• Options
    Happy with the weather forecast, us Brits should well acclimatised for that, a bit of drizzle would be perfect!

Fly out Saturday morning from Manchester. All the best to everyone for the race.
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    Jesus H. Christ, just seen the news - is it true? It's not April 1st...
    I knew Geoffrey Mutai was good (when I ran Eindhoven '09 he broke the course record running on his own and he's got much better since) but a World best time (*)? At Boston? This is big big stuff and I can't quite believe it!

(*) not sure if Boston's "net downhill" DQs it from an official WR but I doubt anyone would not recognize it unofficially as an amazing feat... if you see what I mean
  • Options
    Nae excuses from any other posters lol image

No world record but incredible running image
  • Options
    Fido2DogsFido2Dogs ✭✭✭
    I have a new hero!
    He won Eindhoven (in a new course record, 2:07 and PB for him) in '09, coming through the finish line just after I'd cleared halfway (which is the same point, it's a 2 lap course). He said,
    “I always start rather slow. I do that in training also. In the end I accelerate. I did it here too and with success. I hope to run a marathon in the future with stronger opponents. I know I can be faster than this."
    Well what can we say but NO SH*T!
    He won Monaco in 2:12:40 a few years ago.
    And now: 2:03:0whatever.
    Bloody hell.
    Well if you want inspiration.... you know what, here it is.
    If he can knock 9 minutes off his marathon PB, at that pace, then so can I!
    Let's see if I can get that GFA time before I hit 50...
  • Options

He was at marathon party after aswell and rightly looked very happy image

Hi Caniggia, got Boston withdrawal symptons image

My legs are 'mashed' today, it might be NET downhill but poor leggies hurt more than usual!

Well done everyone who ran yesterday image

• Options
    Nah I've got smiffie withdrawals imageimage
  • Options

LOL I've just realised still got qualifying time for London Marathon 2012........  (3:42 2010) too late to rectify my Pish Poor training before Edinburgh (if I go) but could have one last 'Hurrah' at London image

• Options

Yada yada yada you with your good for your bloody age times.  I'll be thinking about you as I enjoy watching London from the comfort of my sofa after my 6th successive ballot rejecction, 16th failed attempt to qualify and 15th failed Boston qualification effort to not be in the country to see it.  I can go off folk you know imageimage  I take it your marathon "retirement" is off then? image

• Options

Retirement Postponed image 

Now then Caniggia33, always bitter after that video 'evidence of my beating you at Berlin marathon' RoHoHa image

My legs are still sore after those 4  hills........ oh and the undulations before image

• Options
    Just a mirage on a very hot day. Chip time never lies image
  • Options

Tee Hee image

Right better get packed for trip/flight back..........

• Options
    Your legs will be fine by the time you get home. You will get well stretched out in economy class. That's the 2nd best thing about being short the best is its easy to run uphill. Well up some hills. Maybe 33 hills pushed even your ickle legs to the limit!!!!! Safe journey home x