Lands End To John O'Groats in 13 Days...

Hi All,

Myself, and two other forumites (Njord and Caz Hall from Sub3) will on the 24th April embarking on insanity and running from Lands End To John O'Groats in 13 days, that's 39 marathons in total, and each will run 340+ miles and a marathon each per day... tough? DAMN RIGHT.

Anyhow, I've created a website... just to record our challenge which gives people the oportunity to follow us on the journey using Twitter/Facebook and eBlogger... it'd be fantastic if anyone would follow and add their support. We're also running for two charities as well, so if anyone is feeling generous, please feel free. link is below:

39 Marathons In 13 Days... LeJog

All we've got to update is the exact course GPX files to show the exact courses we're taking for each day... this will hopefully be done by 8th April latest... so, please, if you happen to live anywhere near the course and can pop out for support, please feel free. We'll be starting around 8am EVERY morning... anyhow more details to come on the site.

Cheers Pug image

Comments

• Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭
    I read about you doing this on another thread, I'll keep my eye open for you on the Nantwich section.
  • sounds amazing Pug, any chance that you are passing Liverpool, i`d love to join you lads for a few miles
  • PeersPeers ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a great adventure! It also sounds completely insane, but I am sure you will have a great sense of pride and satisfaction when you complete it.
  • fantastic -good luck with it - 13 days image
  • We'll be publishing the routes this week on the website, so if anyone wants to join up for a jog for some of the miles, that would be fantastic... we'll need the support believe m.

Jakesy - believe it or not, we ran a few feet from eachother in Liverpool Half... I'm not quite what I was image

Cheers Pug 

• Pug, was you incognito, you should`ve given me a nudge, i turned the Lpool half into a 20 mile training run, did 5 miles then my mara pace (6:30) for the race, finished in 1;24;10 then 2 miles to finish off.I am hopefully aiming for a 2;50 at Edinburgh.

Anyway, I hope you`re running well, I know Njord and Caz are.I ran the last 15 miles of the Liverpool mara double on new years day with Njord, he did 3:01 on his 2nd mara in 2 days.I think he was just trying to get away from me cos i was chewing his ear off,absolutely amazing running by both of them tho

good luck with the runimage

• Hi think I saw you going through stockton heath in warrington, good luck!!
  • Take that back, you havent started yet!! But did see two runners and one biker who had notice on back running from lands end??
  • Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Good luck guys.

How will you be supported along the way -support crew, places to stay over night etc? 

• Mr. K. wrote (see)

Good luck guys.

How will you be supported along the way -support crew, places to stay over night etc? 

Hi sorry for late reply... we've been busy of late hahaha. Right, well with four days to go until the start, it's all getting exciting AND nervy at the moment...

To answer your question for support... basically, we're supporting ourselves... three of us in one car... we've booked all B&B's/Hostels/Staying with friends for the over night jobbies... but as in support... each of us will have a small bum bag with essentials... sweets, drink, phone, MP3 player... map etc... each of us will have a Garmin as to not get lost image although without a doubt, this will happen for deffo... hahaha...

The site is all up now, with all the course now plotted... 

Please Click For Our Website & Course Details

... for all the details on the run... looks like the sponsorship has and is going well as well... which I'm really made up with. There's a little about us three on the site as well. PLEASEEEE PLEASEEEEE follow us on our facebook and twitter pages, as it'll help us get through this if we get some nice comments etc etc... anything is better than nothing, when you on the 4th day, legs dead and you have 30 mile to run image

Cheers Pug image

• Hail Hail

Looking forward to seeing you guys on May 2nd Pug. 

• enjoy -all of you image

xx

• Running Bhoy wrote (see)

Hail Hail

Looking forward to seeing you guys on May 2nd Pug. 

You'll see exactly where we're going now on the site... it's got the actual KML/TCX files that we'll be using... you can view them on Google Earth. Don't expect much conversation mate, we'll probably be on our arses by that point...

Course

Cheers Pug image

• Inspirational.

I wish I was with you. All the best.

Chris

• Well day one over and done with. I had a bit of a nightmare start... first 14 mile were fine... bit then the coastal path was a nightmare with unrunable sections... however did my leg of 28.52 mile in 4:55 around 10:20 m/m. Two blisters but should bbe ok. Kelvin and Caz had great runs too each flocking close to 28 miles each and around similar pace so tomorrow the order is, Kelvin first leg, Caz second with me on the last leg. Hoping its a little cooler tomorrow though... was a little toasty i thought today. Day two, here we come. Will post updats tomorrow. Oh yeah, we've just finished the night off with a curry haha. Time for bed.

Cheers Pug
  • Thanks for update. Best wishes, and just keep heading north(ish).
  • Well, Kelvin set off this morning running like a cheeky cockney... sorry was laughing at him... all our legs are stiff today... but Caz is in very good spirits. Kelvin has nigh on 30 mile to do, Caz has 30 very tough miles and I'm about 28 ish again. Cqz will leave around 11:30am and I'll be starting around 2-2:30pm... wish us luck... day two will be tough!
  • NessieNessie ✭✭✭

Good luck.  Might see you on 5th May if you are still on schedule, and the gas man appears on time to service the boiler.

(No, that's not a euphemism.................)

• Hail Hail

Well done guys!  Great first day.  Any beer or ice cream stops?

• Hail Hail

<note to self - remember NEVER to go knocking on Nessie's doorimage>

• At the 14 mile water stop for Kelvin... think he's been wrestling with a dog on bodmin!?!?
  • Dan ADan A ✭✭✭
    Hi guys; great stuff so far.

Did you know that there's a JOGLE race coming the other way. Started with seven; now only three left.

Shall I arrange a meet en route?
  • Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Basingstoke`s parkrun RD is doing LEJOG. He left roughly the same time as you guys but don`t try to catch him up.......he is on a bike image

Good luck guys - thanks for updates here & on twitter.

• Cheers guys. Well a quick and late update... been one hell of a day... and were all a little worse than we were last night. Kelvin left off first for what was to be 31.2 mile... and was out from 8:45am and I picked him up 2:45pm. That's a long time in the sun and 21c heat and he did suffer... however he's ok and tonight in good spirits. Caz left for her run 11:45am and spent the first 15 minutes running the wrong way haha. Anyhow she realised and ran her proper leg of 31 mile in 6:30... once again outstanding considering she had killer hills in her leg. I left at 3:45pm for the final leg... first 14 mile was a killer and blisters are killing me. Was in bits at 14.5 mile luckily Kelvin was there to dish out some essentials. Plodded on slowly to cover 27.25 mile in 5:16 but was out for six hours but had to stop for bust blisters etc. So were all sore tonight and I'm suffering... Caz is first off tomorrow morning so we wish her well. I'm off second and Kelvin third. Thankfully we think its decently flat... so its a bye bye to cornwall and dorset and off to Bristol. Speak tomorrow. Cheers for watching.
    Cheers Pug
  • Well done and good luck for tomorrow!
  • well done -keep it upimage

xx

• Well done! Hope today is flatter and shorter.
  • kittenkat wrote (see)

Great stuff, good luck!

STU why are you giving grown men kisses?

coz I am a big soppy bugger KKimage

x

• Hail Hail

Mental toughness or what!  Well done all!